LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

I would think it would be fairly obvious to anyone that the Niners will be targeting another QB high. We are officially the kind of franchise who drafts a QB 1-7 about 2 maybe 3 times a decade. We won't win, but will have plenty to talk about
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I want Sam Bradford but I have feeling he will go #1 overall.

If Tim Tebow improves as a passer, he would be my second choice. Really really interested in seeing his new QB coach improve his mechanics. Would like to see him take more snaps under center and go through his progressions.

What worries me about Bradford is i haven't seen any toughness out of the guy. I haven't seen him get hit in the mouth and get back up and really led his team to tough victory. It's like I'm just not sure how tough he is and if he's really built for the NFL. Time will tell but i dont' think the Niners will be picking that high to get him either.

Toughness?? Bradford stands in the pocket till the last minute and makes his passes. 86 TD's to 16 INT's, sure that's college and the spread system, but that's also a QB that makes some good decisions. Does look a bit stiff when hes dropping back to pass, reminds me a little of Gio Carmazzi during Pre-season, but I'm sure that's workable.

But yah Bradford will probably go to the Denver Broncos #1 overall.

Not meaning that he won't stay in the pocket and complete passes but i've never seen him take big hits get back and led his team to victories. I know he has a good arm and looks prettu accurate it's just something a lil off. I'm probably just nitpicking though.

And he won't go to the Bronco's with the number 1 pick b/c they don't have a 1st round pick they gave it to Seattle. But the Bronco's will stink this year badly.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Snead and Bradford were to enter the same draft, who do you all think would be chosen #1 overall....for the people who ACTUALLY SAW JEVAN SNEAD PLAY??
If Snead and Bradford were to enter the same draft, who do you all think would be chosen #1 overall....for the people who ACTUALLY SAW JEVAN SNEAD PLAY??

I hear a lot about Snead now, but I don't recall hearing anything about him last year or seeing him play.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Sam bradford please!!!
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
The 49ers reportedly had their eyes on a potentially rich 2010 quarterback class when they traded their 2009 second-round pick for the Panthers' first-rounder next year. This might seem idiotic when you consider Carolina went 12-4 last year, lost little key personnel, and seems unlikely to provide a high 2010 pick. But the 49ers reportedly examined the Panthers' 2009 schedule and deemed it very difficult. San Fran could also trade up with two first-round picks. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma) and Jevan Snead. (Ole Miss)
Pro Sports Daily Forum Just food for thought!
trade our 2 1st rounders for the top pick, simple as that. or one 1st this year and the other in 2011
  • rob28
  • Veteran
bradford for sure. snead aint nfl ready yet, he will need a couple years to develop. bradford is the best and most nfl ready qb by far in college.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
The 49ers reportedly had their eyes on a potentially rich 2010 quarterback class when they traded their 2009 second-round pick for the Panthers' first-rounder next year. This might seem idiotic when you consider Carolina went 12-4 last year, lost little key personnel, and seems unlikely to provide a high 2010 pick. But the 49ers reportedly examined the Panthers' 2009 schedule and deemed it very difficult. San Fran could also trade up with two first-round picks. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma) and Jevan Snead. (Ole Miss)
Pro Sports Daily Forum Just food for thought!
trade our 2 1st rounders for the top pick, simple as that. or one 1st this year and the other in 2011

No rookie QB is worth two 1st round picks IMO, especially if they're in the same draft. If it was a 2010 pick and a 2011 pick then maybe, but no QB in this draft is Peyton Manning or John Elway esque.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Right now it's Sam Bradford. But that could change.

Snead currently probably fits somewhere between 20-40, if he improves his game this year and has a good offseason he could be a top 10 player. He had 1 terrible game last year (vs Vandy) and he had a great bowl game (surprised many didn't see that game at least (vs Texas Tech). GoFD summed him up perfectly :

Originally posted by GoFD74:

Snead is a raw talent (sort of Bret Favre-like in that way), but not very disciplined in the pocket and still getting used to the nuances of reading coverages and such, but there's a lot to like about someone with his size, ability/mobility and cannon for an arm.

As far as trading up to the top pick goes (rob28)....how bout NO. Terrible idea. Do not want to pay that kind of money to something that is not a sure thing at the QB position and that sets us a back few years further. Trading up a few slots is one thing and I am not opposed to this, but there will be other QB prospects that could be available that have great potential (Hiller, Devlin, McCoy etc) and other prospects at various other positions that could provide upgrades over what we currently have. We should look to draft 3 players on the first day with those 3 picks or either trade back 1 or 2 of those picks and accumulate additional picks (either in the late 1st/2nd of the 2010 draft or picks for the 2011 draft) without sacrificing any of our 1st round picks.

Really depends on how well Snead develops. Right now I'd compare the two QBs somewhat to how Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez entered into last season (not in terms of talent, but how they were viewed comparatively).

Stafford was one of the top-rated junior QBs entering into the season, and Sanchez was considered very talented yet not quite as proven. IMO, so it is with Bradford and Snead coming into this season...Bradford is clearly the higher ranked QB, but Snead has the talent to close ground quickly.

But to specifically answer your question, I'd have to go with Bradford first overall if they were both in the same draft.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Thanks Kris and Ghost. So pretty much like any other case in the top two QB's.

Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers (Rodgers!!!!)

Eli Manning and Ben Rothelisberger (Gimme anyone)

Vince Young and Jay Cutler (prefer Cutler)

JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn (prefer Quinn)

Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm/Joe Flacco

Snead not only has a cannon but is mobile with great pocket presence, if he has a strong season he very well could end up the #1 pick.
Snead Highlights 2008
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Snead not only has a cannon but is mobile with great pocket presence, if he has a strong season he very well could end up the #1 pick.
Snead Highlights 2008

Cool, but would still like to see him play a whole game or two, before I make more of a decision I who I'd rather have.
bradford, mccoy and tebow are my favorites. say all u want about tebow but the man is a competitor and he wins. and he can also run. but i hope this is a moot point because Alex Smit 2.0 will be good this year. if not, bring on bradford or mccoy if possible and tebow as option 3
Share 49ersWebzone