Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 851 users in the forums

Dante Fowler/Shane Ray, EDGE

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Fowler is SOOOOO much better than Marsh that it is laughable. Marsh is force-fed reps, and all he can produce are coverage pressures and a gimme sack. Guy looks skinnier every time I see him, and he already was too light/weak to effectively convert speed to power. He's a speed rusher without elite speed or bend.

Fowler is pretty nasty, but he's made redundant by Nkagoue. Crappy for him, but maybe great for us. Saleh worked with him in Jax, maybe he gives us the inside track to land this beast. Fowler would be an amazing complimentary rusher to whomever the team grabs in the first round.
They have to go Edge rusher in the first round, right?

Wrath, that was beautifully said.

I also brought up Marsh's diminutive frame in his thread. What the hell is going on there? Guy appears to be getting skinnier every week. Booger sugar? Adderall?
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 8, 2018 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Fowler is SOOOOO much better than Marsh that it is laughable. Marsh is force-fed reps, and all he can produce are coverage pressures and a gimme sack. Guy looks skinnier every time I see him, and he already was too light/weak to effectively convert speed to power. He's a speed rusher without elite speed or bend.

Fowler is pretty nasty, but he's made redundant by Nkagoue. Crappy for him, but maybe great for us. Saleh worked with him in Jax, maybe he gives us the inside track to land this beast. Fowler would be an amazing complimentary rusher to whomever the team grabs in the first round.

They have to go Edge rusher in the first round, right?

I'm glad that Jacksonville has Campbell, Ngakoue, and now Taven Bryan (who they're high on). They can afford to let Fowler walk and that ends up in our favor. Fowler has yet to have a game with at least 50% of snaps played, and he'd get the majority of snaps here.

Sign Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, then draft Polite or Burns
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm glad that Jacksonville has Campbell, Ngakoue, and now Taven Bryan (who they're high on). They can afford to let Fowler walk and that ends up in our favor. Fowler has yet to have a game with at least 50% of snaps played, and he'd get the majority of snaps here.

Sign Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, then draft Polite or Burns

Fowler or Graham in FA then draft someone...that's what I'm talking about.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm glad that Jacksonville has Campbell, Ngakoue, and now Taven Bryan (who they're high on). They can afford to let Fowler walk and that ends up in our favor. Fowler has yet to have a game with at least 50% of snaps played, and he'd get the majority of snaps here.

Sign Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, then draft Polite or Burns

Fowler or Graham in FA then draft someone...that's what I'm talking about.

So in they sign Fowler you would still take a pass rusher with the top 5 pick we expect them to have ? I personally feel if a top pass rusher is signed I'd love to trade back to a QB hungry team and take a WR like Harry or Brown, Time for a young WR with game changing potential, then round 2 or even trade up into the late 1st for another pass rusher..this is only if a pass rusher is signed of course..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So in they sign Fowler you would still take a pass rusher with the top 5 pick we expect them to have ? I personally feel if a top pass rusher is signed I'd love to trade back to a QB hungry team and take a WR like Harry or Brown, Time for a young WR with game changing potential, then round 2 or even trade up into the late 1st for another pass rusher..this is only if a pass rusher is signed of course..

Without question go heavy on pass rusher....Fowler isn't some proven super star. Talent is there.

They could move down, get picks and still go edge and I'd be more than fine with it. Enough messing around. I think there's plenty of WRs to choose from outside if the 1st and in FA.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,084
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So in they sign Fowler you would still take a pass rusher with the top 5 pick we expect them to have ? I personally feel if a top pass rusher is signed I'd love to trade back to a QB hungry team and take a WR like Harry or Brown, Time for a young WR with game changing potential, then round 2 or even trade up into the late 1st for another pass rusher..this is only if a pass rusher is signed of course..

Without question go heavy on pass rusher....Fowler isn't some proven super star. Talent is there.

They could move down, get picks and still go edge and I'd be more than fine with it. Enough messing around. I think there's plenty of WRs to choose from outside if the 1st and in FA.

Nah, if Bosa, Ferrell or Josh Allen is there you take them, I don't wanna see them move down in this draft. Sign Fowler paired with Bosa, Ferrell or Allen would give the off season an A+ right off the bat. And signing maybe Earl Thomas or LaMarcus Joyner wouldn't hurt either.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
Not to be a dick, but there will be serious competition for him, should he make it to FA (Post #249).
Originally posted by FL9er:
Not to be a dick, but there will be serious competition for him, should he make it to FA (Post #249).

You're a 100% right but the niners need to go all in on 1 of their biggest weakness, can't depend only on the draft anymore, especially when there are bigger needs, I feel like WR, G and CB are big needs also..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm glad that Jacksonville has Campbell, Ngakoue, and now Taven Bryan (who they're high on). They can afford to let Fowler walk and that ends up in our favor. Fowler has yet to have a game with at least 50% of snaps played, and he'd get the majority of snaps here.

Sign Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, then draft Polite or Burns

Fowler or Graham in FA then draft someone...that's what I'm talking about.

So in they sign Fowler you would still take a pass rusher with the top 5 pick we expect them to have ? I personally feel if a top pass rusher is signed I'd love to trade back to a QB hungry team and take a WR like Harry or Brown, Time for a young WR with game changing potential, then round 2 or even trade up into the late 1st for another pass rusher..this is only if a pass rusher is signed of course..

Absolutely. Fowler is just one talented guy. He's a good pass rusher, but it's not like we are signing Reggie White, circa 1993. We need more than one edge rusher anyway. I'd like two (or three) on the D-line and one that can rush from the LB position. The only way I'd consider passing on Bosa or Ferrell is we finish top-5 is if we got DeMarcus Lawrence or if Denver traded Von Miller to us lol. And then I'd be looking for a top corner. I'd love another receiver, but we literally have one corner on the roster right now. I don't think our receivers short of Marquise Goodwin scare anyone, but with Jimmy G, we were able to put up points. With another guard/better pass protection, I think we'd have a decent group. Especially if we add another speedy receiver (so we aren't so dependent on Goodwin) and TE (time to move on from Celek). If Sherman maintains his level of play, a good corner could feast given the number of passes they may see.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So in they sign Fowler you would still take a pass rusher with the top 5 pick we expect them to have ? I personally feel if a top pass rusher is signed I'd love to trade back to a QB hungry team and take a WR like Harry or Brown, Time for a young WR with game changing potential, then round 2 or even trade up into the late 1st for another pass rusher..this is only if a pass rusher is signed of course..

Without question go heavy on pass rusher....Fowler isn't some proven super star. Talent is there.

They could move down, get picks and still go edge and I'd be more than fine with it. Enough messing around. I think there's plenty of WRs to choose from outside if the 1st and in FA.

Nah, if Bosa, Ferrell or Josh Allen is there you take them, I don't wanna see them move down in this draft. Sign Fowler paired with Bosa, Ferrell or Allen would give the off season an A+ right off the bat. And signing maybe Earl Thomas or LaMarcus Joyner wouldn't hurt either.

They say if you dream, dream big! Lol
Yea this would be a great offseason
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm glad that Jacksonville has Campbell, Ngakoue, and now Taven Bryan (who they're high on). They can afford to let Fowler walk and that ends up in our favor. Fowler has yet to have a game with at least 50% of snaps played, and he'd get the majority of snaps here.

Sign Fowler, Shaquil Barrett, then draft Polite or Burns

Fowler or Graham in FA then draft someone...that's what I'm talking about.

This is exactly my thinking. Double down on pass rushers because you know one of them is going to get injured with our luck. And of course we're going to miss out on Bosa buy a pic or two
Make a move for this kid come on meow
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Make a move for this kid come on meow

I'm not even getting my hopes up with Fowler. Some team will give him a cheap contract and JL will say that we tried.
Has Fowler's name come up at all in the Jacksonville media regarding a trade recently?
Jags aren't trading Fowler imo. If we want him we're going to have to beat out other teams in FA.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone