Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 710 users in the forums

The eagles should have traded wentz at the start of the season

Shop 49ers game tickets
He has two very good WR's, a top-tier TE, and a very good O-Line.

I think it would have been and still is to pre-mature to trade Carson Wentz. Its just so damn hard to find a good quality QB for today's NFL even with all the rule changings giving them the upper-hand. I do and definitely can agree though that he is not playing anywhere near good enough with the talent has has around him.

Imagine Baker Mayfield with the eagles. He is a rookie and I personally believe would perform better than Carson Wentz.
Yeah you guys are right I thought for sure Carson Wentz was MVP last year especially if he did not get injured he would've got it. This year you can't really say it's the injury from last year. He's missing so many throws taking sacks and he has regressed as well as other quarterbacks this year. I still think I would rather have him then Jared Goff but both have a lot to be desired in my opinion. They both have so much help on their offenses and they still are playing inconsistently. Wentz actually has more help than goff.
Hindsight.

Nobody thought Wentz would stink it up this year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Hindsight.

Nobody thought Wentz would stink it up this year.

Yep. And just offering him would have set alarm bells ringing. Young franchise qb's (Which is what he was supposed to be)just do not get traded.
They didn't look any better with Foles earlier in the year. They should kick McDaniels in the nuts for costing them Reich.
Totally disagree. Too many quick triggers around here. Trading a QB that looked like an MVP candidate while they are on their rookie deal?

Let's say the Chiefs are one and done in the playoffs. And then Mahonmes looks mediocre or below average in 2019. Would you trade him?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They didn't look any better with Foles earlier in the year. They should kick McDaniels in the nuts for costing them Reich.

Yep I think losing Defilippo and Reich impacted him. The Eagles inconsistent running game didn't help things this year either.
Frank Reich


Summary for eagles and Wentz
Ur underestimating the plight of being defending champs. What the pats do yr in yr out is a one off
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Hindsight.

Nobody thought Wentz would stink it up this year.

I mean statistically this is his best season thus far...
Originally posted by crabman82:
Ur underestimating the plight of being defending champs. What the pats do yr in yr out is a one off

This. Plus losing Jay an Reich(who has Luck looking great) is a reason. No excuses for missing some of his passes though I'd say he has regressed but I wouldn't say the eagles should give up on him already. It would be like our niners giving up on Jimmy G already.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,748
IMO the point is backwards OP. The Eagles should have traded Foles when they had a chance this off-season. His value will never be higher than it was and he ended up looking very pedestrian without Reich.
Originally posted by evil:
IMO the point is backwards OP. The Eagles should have traded Foles when they had a chance this off-season. His value will never be higher than it was and he ended up looking very pedestrian without Reich.

+1
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by evil:
IMO the point is backwards OP. The Eagles should have traded Foles when they had a chance this off-season. His value will never be higher than it was and he ended up looking very pedestrian without Reich.

+1

agreed with this one.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone