LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

The eagles should have traded wentz at the start of the season

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
agreed with this one.

Your name deserves some recognition. Good job continue on
Originally posted by evil:
IMO the point is backwards OP. The Eagles should have traded Foles when they had a chance this off-season. His value will never be higher than it was and he ended up looking very pedestrian without Reich.

This. They could've gotten a first out of it easily. Maybe some mid and late picks as well. He's not going to net that much again, unless he gets an opportunity to showcase himself again and looks like a top passer.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
The eagles should have offloaded wentz at the start of the season for 2 first round picks and rolled with foles since then.

I can pretty much guarantee with those 2 picks they would have a better record than they do now

Nfl coaches put way too much stock into stats instead of clutchness. Almost winning the superbowl counts for nothing. Consistently not winning big games a la dalton, kap, alex, etc... should mean you move on way faster.

The regression of the eagles was so predictable as soon as they said they wanted to keep both wentz and foles.

This is a terrible idea. He had a couple good games but has been a pretty meh QB for most of his career. Joe Flacco had a great run in 2012 too, that didn't really predict much for the rest of his career. Wentz on the other hand has had a pretty good season and looks like a legit franchise QB.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I mean statistically this is his best season thus far...

This. TIL that completing 70% of your passes, throwing for 21 TD's and 3,000 yards in 11 games is "stinking it up."
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
agreed with this one.

Your name deserves some recognition. Good job continue on

I concur great f**king name bravo
Originally posted by evil:
IMO the point is backwards OP. The Eagles should have traded Foles when they had a chance this off-season. His value will never be higher than it was and he ended up looking very pedestrian without Reich.

I agree. Plus it is so easy to say this now. Do we have any posts from the OP suggesting this before the start of the year. I doubt it.
Seems injury prone so far in his NFL career
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I mean statistically this is his best season thus far...

This. TIL that completing 70% of your passes, throwing for 21 TD's and 3,000 yards in 11 games is "stinking it up."

Yeah. His completion percentage is up. He was throwing touchdowns like a boss last year so I think that sticks out in a lot of people's heads. He was averaging another td a game last season, so I think it's natural to feel his play dropped off a bit. Your right though, he was still having a fine season. I think he's still a great qb and in no way should the Eagles trade him. Especially to start Nick Foles over him.

I think the Eagles inconsistent running game hurt them more than anything this year. Losing Ajayi hurt imo.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Yeah. His completion percentage is up. He was throwing touchdowns like a boss last year so I think that sticks out in a lot of people's heads. He was averaging another td a game last season, so I think it's natural to feel his play dropped off a bit. Your right though, he was still having a fine season. I think he's still a great qb and in no way should the Eagles trade him. Especially to start Nick Foles over him.

I think the Eagles inconsistent running game hurt them more than anything this year. Losing Ajayi hurt imo.

That whole offense has fallen off. I think the loss of Reich really did hurt them, especially when you see what he's done with Luck and the Colts offense. Long term I far rather have Wentz to build my team around than the fool's gold that is Foles. Someone is going to throw some big money his way and wind up highly disappointed.
Lol at trade Wentz, it's Foles ass they should've traded

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Lol at trade Wentz, it's Foles ass they should've traded
Yeah, lol. Should've traded the player that:
  • took them to the Super Bowl,
  • beat Brady in a head to head aerial war,
  • was the SB MVP, and
  • is here to answer the bell again--while glamor boy is hurt again.
Got to side with BoldRedandGold on this one, as our game-winning Monday morning QB.
I read that Wentz has trouble planting his leg when he throws the ball. He does not play safely like Seattle's QB. For me the message is it's better having two quality quarterbacks than one. If the starter goes down and you have no capable backup you have a 49ers situation and a lost season. Even if you trade one of your two quarterbacks you get something in return. Belichick has been fleecing the league trading his #2's for solid returns over and over again.

That whole offense has fallen off. I think the loss of Reich really did hurt them, especially when you see what he's done with Luck and the Colts offense. Long term I far rather have Wentz to build my team around than the fool's gold that is Foles. Someone is going to throw some big money his way and wind up highly disappointed.

Yep. I agree. I stated earlier in the thread that losing Defilippo and Reich has probably impacted Wentz overall. Reich was clearly overlooked for what brought to the Eagles behind the scenes. That same explosion on offense hasn't been there. Dude has done a terrific job with the Colts and Luck has been that same td machine that Wentz was last year.

I wasn't sold on him when the Colts hired him but he looks like he was the man for the job.

Yep. I agree. I stated earlier in the thread that losing Defilippo and Reich has probably impacted Wentz overall. Reich was clearly overlooked for what brought to the Eagles behind the scenes. That same explosion on offense hasn't been there. Dude has done a terrific job with the Colts and Luck has been that same td machine that Wentz was last year.

I wasn't sold on him when the Colts hired him but he looks like he was the man for the job.

Reich is doing this with a staff assembled by Mcdaniels . You can pretty much just plug Reich on any team and improve
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Reich is doing this with a staff assembled by Mcdaniels . You can pretty much just plug Reich on any team and improve

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000617243/article/chargers-fire-offensive-coordinator-frank-reich
Share 49ersWebzone