Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Lol at trade Wentz, it's Foles ass they should've traded
Yeah, lol. Should've traded the player that:
  • took them to the Super Bowl,
  • beat Brady in a head to head aerial war,
  • was the SB MVP, and
  • is here to answer the bell again--while glamor boy is hurt again.
Got to side with BoldRedandGold on this one, as our game-winning Monday morning QB.

Yes they should have traded him. Especially because of all of the above reasons. Would you count on Foles performing at that level for 3 + seasons?

Who has ever done THAT for 3 plus seasons? His ability and availability shows he can be counted on.

Not necessarily win the Super Bowl. But just performing at a high level. I don't see it.

And here he is leading his team at a high-level for second year in a row in the playoffs. Meanwhile, everyone is waiting for Wentz because he is a higher upside. Availability is the most important ability.
The legend of St. Nick grows with each game he plays. One thing's for sure, once he's traded, Carson Wentz will be under immense pressure to produce at a high level. Eagles fans are a fickle bunch. They can turn on you at a moment's notice.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Jan 6, 2019 at 5:33 PM ]
That bears kicker just gave BDN a whole lotta cash.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Not sure I follow?
Originally posted by Debryune:

Not sure I follow?

Big Dick Nick Foles

Not Big Dick Nick Mullens
Originally posted by Debryune:

Not sure I follow?

Foles earned a $500,000 bonus for winning a playoff game. I am not sure if his contract has escalators that he would earn even more for another playoff win, or if another win would yield him another 500k.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Foles is all smoke and mirrors
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Foles has as many playoffs wins in two seasons than the 49ers have had over the last 20 years.

[ Edited by jcs on Jan 14, 2019 at 12:06 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FaTaL:

Foles has as many playoffs wins in two seasons than the 49ers have had over the last 20 years.

Do you math ?

Originally posted by jcs:

I think your calculator is malfunctioning.
Wtf do the Eagles do now with Foles?

Let him walk?

Do him a solid, and let him leave and pick the team he goes to. He earned it.
The collective delusional surrounding Foles is astonishing.

Skimming the posts in this topic, I only see one mention (by Phoenix) of the most obvious comparison: Joe Flacco. Are we forgetting Joe Flacco's 2012 playoff run, during which he had one of the most dominant playoff runs in the history of the NFL? (11 TD, 0 INT en route to a Super Bowl victory over our very-own Niners?). Flacco balled hard that postseason. Remember that big-bodied WR he threw to that seemed to catch everything thrown his way? What was his name again? Alshon Jeffer--- no, Anquan Boldin, that's it. (Ironic that I'd bring that up, on account of Jeffery's drop ending the Eagles' season.) Here's a comparison of there postseason runs:

Flacco in 2012:

Foles in 2017:

In fact, while we're at, go and compare Foles' career numbers to Flacco's career numbers:

Foles f**king sucks. This idea that they should move on from Wentz to keep Foles is seriously insane. Absolute prisoner of the moment nonsense. Foles is like a combination of Case Keenum (journeyman trash) and Joe Flacco (fluky postseason run has elevated him to mythical Really Clutch Player™ status).

By the way, we don't even need to wait for Nick Foles to regress. He already has. The Eagles had like 120 yards of offense combined in the second, third, and fourth quarter of the Saints game. Here were "Mr Postseason's" playoff numbers this year:

Reminds me of how Case Keenum came crashing back down to earth in the postseason last year, after his magical regular season run:

Look, I don't know if Carson Wentz is a franchise QB. One thing's for sure though, he has the potential to be. Foles is Joe Flacco. Foles is Case Keenum. The idea that you're going to move on from Wentz to go with trash like that is ridiculous. I am honestly in disbelief about how many people are fawning over this guy. Sometimes people lose objectivity and instead fall in love with narratives like "he just wins!" or "he's clutch!" and overlook the fact that the player sucks; that type of nonsense is what leads to half the nation believing Tim Tebow is a winner. (Yeah, I know, Foles has much better numbers than Tebow, but there are a lot of parallels.)
Share 49ersWebzone