LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Mike Johnson heading to UCLA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mike Johnson, the former offensive coordinator with the San Francisco 49ers, has agreed to be UCLA's new offensive coordinator, with an announcement planned.

http://ucla.scout.com/
Originally posted by fakers23:
Mike Johnson, the former offensive coordinator with the San Francisco 49ers, has agreed to be UCLA's new offensive coordinator, with an announcement planned.

http://ucla.scout.com/

Solid move on his part. Now he can experiment with his "NFL ready" version of the spread and see if he can raise some eyebrows from the NFL.
Interesting. I thought he at least might have stayed on as QBs coach. I wish him the best.

That offense will be interesting to see.

-9fA
im happy for him. i mean he probably knew he wouldnt be able to get another OC job in the NFL.

he did a good job making Jimmy Raye and his 100 years of NFL experience look crappy by stepping in and running things much better with almost no experience.
Good For him
Good. Glad he got a job and he can do so w/out being micro-managed by Sing.
Good luck to him. Hope he does well.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Interesting. I thought he at least might have stayed on as QBs coach. I wish him the best.

That offense will be interesting to see.

-9fA

pshh....Jim Harbaugh doesnt need any help with the QB's. lol

im sure Harbaugh has his own guy for that job, and Johnson was informed. He will probably be doing alot of the QB developing part himself, since thats his forte.
so what west coast offensive coordinator will we bring in now?
good for him. They must have never watched a niner game.

Good move.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Good For him
im hoping now that our franchise looks to be heading in the right direction, more coaches will be willing to come here.

not like Scott Linehan, who had offers to be our OC, or the NFL worst Rams OC, and he picked the Rams...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good for Raye Jr.
Great news for him!

I hate to say it, but it's probably great news for us too.

I think Johnson is really talented, but his talent is matched by his ambition, and I'm not sure he wouldn't go back to his old tricks were he to be demoted (and where to? Harbaugh will be working with the QBs).*

*This is all predicated on my assumption that he was in fact the "rat", and based on several things that leaked out that implied he might not have entirely been a team player.
Share 49ersWebzone