LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Mike Johnson heading to UCLA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
im hoping now that our franchise looks to be heading in the right direction, more coaches will be willing to come here.

not like Scott Linehan, who had offers to be our OC, or the NFL worst Rams OC, and he picked the Rams...

I think Singletary just turned him off big time. And in hindsight, he made the right choice to go to the Lions. Schwartz is twice the coach as Singletary.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Niners99:
im hoping now that our franchise looks to be heading in the right direction, more coaches will be willing to come here.

not like Scott Linehan, who had offers to be our OC, or the NFL worst Rams OC, and he picked the Rams...

I think Singletary just turned him off big time. And in hindsight, he made the right choice to go to the Lions. Schwartz is twice the coach as Singletary.

-9fA

Yeah can't work for a guy when you are 10 times more qualified to do his job.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Good luck to him. Hope he does well.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
where did norm chow go?

Despite reports across the Internet, a deal to bring Norm Chow, currently UCLA's offensive coordinator, back to USC as offensive coordinator for new Coach Lane Kiffin is not done yet. A source close to Chow says while the two sides are talking, no deal has been reached.

Chow said recently that it “would take NFL-type money” to get him back to USC.

He was due to make $690,000 at UCLA next season, including a $250,000 bonus if he was still offensive coordinator on April 1.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/norm-chow-coming-to-usc-isnt-a-done-deal-yet.html

I believe it was Barrows who is reporting OC at Utah.
wow, good stuff mike. best of luck in so cal
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Interesting. I thought he at least might have stayed on as QBs coach. I wish him the best.

That offense will be interesting to see.

-9fA

Why do people say things like this?

This isn't Office Space, dude. Anyone with sense isn't going to take a demotion with the same company/franchise.

Tomsula probably will.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
see ya
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
See ya MJ.

Thanks for being 0-6 in developing QBs and slightly improving our offense after Raye was canned.

What does that even mean? He was the QB's coach for the 49ers for 1 1/4 seasons and all of the QBs that he coached played the best football of their careers while he was their position coach.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
LA's rat population is growing.
Originally posted by Blitz:
LA's rat population is growing.

LOL

• dj43
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
See ya MJ.

Thanks for being 0-6 in developing QBs and slightly improving our offense after Raye was canned.

What does that even mean? He was the QB's coach for the 49ers for 1 1/4 seasons and all of the QBs that he coached played the best football of their careers while he was their position coach.
True that...and it got him a nice position at a major school with a chance to move up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh plans to bring one of his Stanford staffers over to run the offense and would not have a place for Johnson so he called UCLA and recommended him. That is the kind of thing Walsh did for a number of his assistants. Harbaugh, being a great admirer of Walsh just might do the same thing as Walsh did.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Double win. I am a UCLA fan and their offense has been horrible under Chow. Also as a 49er fan I don't want too many Nolan or Dingletary disciples around.

Same here. I hope it works out for him and UCLA. And with a real coach, we don't have to worry about being stuck a coordinator with a homo-erectus offensive philosophy.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Given the circumstances, he did a pretty good job. If it wasnt for the human hand cuff, mike singltary, i think our season would have turned out a lot better. Itll be interesting to see what he can do in la. good luck!!
Share 49ersWebzone