LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Mike Johnson heading to UCLA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
good for him
OHS NOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Great news for him!

I hate to say it, but it's probably great news for us too.

I think Johnson is really talented, but his talent is matched by his ambition, and I'm not sure he wouldn't go back to his old tricks were he to be demoted (and where to? Harbaugh will be working with the QBs).*

*This is all predicated on my assumption that he was in fact the "rat", and based on several things that leaked out that implied he might not have entirely been a team player.

i still think Baalke was the rat.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:
Great news for him!

I think Johnson is really talented, but his talent is matched by his ambition, and I'm not sure he wouldn't go back to his old tricks were he to be demoted (and where to? Harbaugh will be working with the QBs).*

*This is all predicated on my assumption that he was in fact the "rat", and based on several things that leaked out that implied he might not have entirely been a team player.

why
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Great news for him!

why

from the reports that he butted heads with Sing and was not happy how he did things.

Cui bono from Sing's firing.......other than us fans?
  • dj43
Good career move. He will be able to establish his own ideas. He never really had a chance to show what he could do here. Only in the final game of the season did we see the kind of offense that he had discussed with some players. Until then it appeared Singletary maintained a pretty tight leash.

I believe he will be a good one and wind up back in the NFL in a couple of years. He seemed like a bright guy and a good student of the game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Great news for him!

why

from the reports that he butted heads with Sing and was not happy how he did things.

Thats a very real possibility. I hope its not the case, if its true then its not a good trait in a GM.
Did norm chow get fired?
Originally posted by CVNINER:
Did norm chow get fired?

God bless you.
Originally posted by Niners99:
im hoping now that our franchise looks to be heading in the right direction, more coaches will be willing to come here.

not like Scott Linehan, who had offers to be our OC, or the NFL worst Rams OC, and he picked the Rams...

He didn't go to the Rams, he was fired as the Rams Head Coach and turned Sing down for our OC job to take the OC job in Detroit.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this thread should be moved to the NFL or Other sports section.
omg. i wont be able to eat for days. Who cares. cya later bye bye. He sucks as do alot of other coaches and players on this team.
Good for Raye Jr.

Great news for him!

why

"Cui who gives a s**t, it's a f**kin result" - Matt Damon (The Departed)
Share 49ersWebzone