LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
What are you guys still in 1st grade? I stopped watchin that s**t when Stone Cold and the Rock left.

Doesn't really matter how old you are man. You see professional athletes there all the time and I'm pretty sure they're not in 1st grade so who gives a f**k if people watch it no matter how old? Last time I checked we all know its fake and is entertainment so why not enjoy the shows?
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
What are you guys still in 1st grade? I stopped watchin that s**t when Stone Cold and the Rock left.

Doesn't really matter how old you are man. You see professional athletes there all the time and I'm pretty sure they're not in 1st grade so who gives a f**k if people watch it no matter how old? Last time I checked we all know its fake and is entertainment so why not enjoy the shows?

With wrestling, there is what I call a 'knowledge curve' It would look like a U, with the Y axis showing how much the person likes wrestling and the X axis how much they know about wrestling. The first "|" before the curve (high interest but no knowledge of wrestling) mostly applies to young kids. They either think its real, or are not sure if it is choreographed (I don't refer to wrestling as 'fake' because you can't 'pretend' to fall off a ladder through a table. I call it 'planned' or 'choreographed'). Then, there is the middle of the curve, which represents most people. They know that it's fake, but by they know NOTHING about wrestling. Most of them have never even seen RAW before. The simply refuse to watch or consider it legit since it is fake.

The final category is 'avid to hardcore fans'. most of us are teenagers or older (usually 18-34) and know the REAL story of wrestling. We know that it is fake, but we don't care, because in reality there is a VERY REAL ASPECT TO WRESTLING. For example, are you good in the ring? Does the crowd react to you (positively OR negatively. Silence is the worst reaction a wrestler can get, aka the Charlie Haas pop)? Do you have good mic skills (Hogan and The Rock became stars because of their mic skills. Hogan, btw, is a TERRIBLE wrestler). Do the storywriters/Vince McMahon like you? Based on this, they decide who the 'champions' will be and who wins matches. As a REAL fan, you get into it because you also have an idea what is going on backstage. When Jeff Hardy loses a #1 contender match, you get p**sed not because he lost, but because he has been in the company 10 years, gets the loudest crowd response every RAW, and yet has never won a World Title since Vince McMahon is biased against anyone under 6'3 250 lbs.

And that is why I get mad when people play the 'wrestling is fake' card. It shows MASSIVE ignorance on their part. In a way, wrestling and football are a lot alike.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I've been

waiting for someone to make an official Wrestling thread.

Too bad the man put the age of orton to rest..He's good and all but i really don't think he is a good heel and just when i thought his entrance music couldn't be anyworse the prove me wrong again.He has to have the worst music ever.I think doink the clown had better music.Well anyway tHE AGE OF ORTON IS OFFICALLY DEAD THANK GOD!!
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
I've been

Too bad the man put the age of orton to rest..He's good and all but i really don't think he is a good heel and just when i thought his entrance music couldn't be anyworse the prove me wrong again.He has to have the worst music ever.I think doink the clown had better music.Well anyway tHE AGE OF ORTON IS OFFICALLY DEAD THANK GOD!!

I hate Orton's new entrance music too. Same with Jeff Hardy's (and what REALLY irritates me is Hardy's OLD theme was awesome).
Originally posted by aman49:
I've been

I hate Orton's new entrance music too. Same with Jeff Hardy's (and what REALLY irritates me is Hardy's OLD theme was awesome).

Hardy's old theme is one of the greatest ever I'd get so pumped when I heard it start up. This new one just doesn't get to me as much as the old one used to. As for Orton's new music its ok I guess but it just doesn't fit his entrance at all like the old one used to.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i was flipping through channels tonight... and i seen "the miz" hahahahaha.

wasn't that dude on the real world????
Originally posted by ninerswin317:

lol, yes he was.

And why that guy still has a job in WWE I do not know. He is about as popular as Charlie Haas, and you all know how that one turned out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I've been

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by ninerswin317:

lol, yes he was.

And why that guy still has a job in WWE I do not know. He is about as popular as Charlie Haas, and you all know how that one turned out.

lol. i can't believe he actually made it to the WWE. i remember him on the real world acting like a nut case and turning into the miz. funny stuff. 1/2 of the tag team champs! hahah
Who says it's fake?

Wrestling Gone Wrong

ROFLMAO @ "charlie haas pop"

Oh man ahahahahahaha...

Remember when they paired him up with Rico? Ahahaha he kept trying to touch Haas
This thread needs more pose

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
This thread needs more pose

The Age of Orton is dead! We all know its really the Era of Mattitude.
^^He's better on the mic than his brother IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone