LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by geturembedder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_yZxjRLrk&feature=related

Since WM 17, WWE has gone to s**ts.

I watch it maybe a few times every other months now.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_yZxjRLrk&feature=related

Since WM 17, WWE has gone to s**ts.

I watch it maybe a few times every other months now.

I think WM 19 was the official end of an era (where Hogan fought the Rock). It was seemingly the end of the Attitude Era and the nWo era at the same time.
Attitude era died for me when Austin shock Vince's hand at the end of WM 17. They were the attitude era IMO and to see that fued end that night on 4/4/01...that's when it started to go to hell.

Three biggest moments that defined the attitude era was...

-Hogan joining the NWO.
-"Montreal Screw Job"
-Austin turning heel and joining Vince at WM 17.

...first one started the war, second one WWF joined it, third one is when it ended.

WWE needed competition and ever since WCW folded, they've been getting lazy. TNA isn't giving them the competition that WCW did. Both RAW(high 3s) and SD(mid 2s) still draws 2.5 or 3 times the ratings as Impact for TNA does. Sure TNA is "slightly" going upwards but I don't think it'll ever get back to how it was back in the late 90s with the Monday Night Wars...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Wars

...WWE hasn't been "risky" in years and even the time that they have like during Edge's first title reign back in early 06 when he stunned many using the MITB after that January PPV, just can't get into it.

I don't know, maybe because I was in my late teens and early 20s, wrestling back then was fun, but now, just watch it for the hell of it and don't get as involved or excited as I used too.

For any of those who never watched the Monday Night Wars DVD, although some think it's biased towards the WWE, here it is on youtube...

Monday Night Wars(12 parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GXP4R7p6k
Correction, WM 17 was 4/1/01.
Why did they get rid of the divas ' skirts.

I remember Mickey James and Mileena used to show her undies ALL THE TIME.

Now they all wear pants.

WTF

Mike Awesome gets OWNED!!

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I really hate to be Debbie Downer, but you know Mike Awesome died right?
Originally posted by aman49:

I really hate to be Debbie Downer, but you know Mike Awesome died right?

what ?
I never heard that?

Are you sure?

He was agile as hell for a Heavyweight.
Awesome was involved in a backstage altercation with members of a Yakuza group at an FMW event, as a result of several Yakuza members beating up his friend and fellow wrestler Sabu. As a result, Awesome, along with the rest of the foreign wrestlers, didn't leave their locker room for over two hours, because Yakuza members were waiting in the hallway. It took Atsushi Onita to smooth things over with the group and get the foreign wrestlers safe passage out of the arena.

In February of 2006, Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family and adding that he felt underpaid for his work at the One Night Stand event and that he would only return to the ring "if the money was right".[12] In his retirement he took up selling real estate.[13]

[edit] Death

On February 17, 2007,[14] at around 10:30 p.m, a group of Awesome's friends found him hanged in his Tampa home. It is believed he committed suicide.[14][13] WWE recognized Awesome's death on-air by displaying an "In Memory..." graphic at the beginning of the February 20 edition of ECW on Sci Fi, and an article about his death was posted on WWE.com, saying that Awesome was found dead but omitting the cause of death.

Pretty crazy. Maybe the roid depression got to him.

Awesome was involved in a backstage altercation with members of a Yakuza group at an FMW event, as a result of several Yakuza members beating up his friend and fellow wrestler Sabu. As a result, Awesome, along with the rest of the foreign wrestlers, didn't leave their locker room for over two hours, because Yakuza members were waiting in the hallway. It took Atsushi Onita to smooth things over with the group and get the foreign wrestlers safe passage out of the arena.

In February of 2006, Awesome announced his retirement from wrestling, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family and adding that he felt underpaid for his work at the One Night Stand event and that he would only return to the ring "if the money was right".[12] In his retirement he took up selling real estate.[13]

[edit] Death

On February 17, 2007,[14] at around 10:30 p.m, a group of Awesome's friends found him hanged in his Tampa home. It is believed he committed suicide.[14][13] WWE recognized Awesome's death on-air by displaying an "In Memory..." graphic at the beginning of the February 20 edition of ECW on Sci Fi, and an article about his death was posted on WWE.com, saying that Awesome was found dead but omitting the cause of death.

Pretty crazy. Maybe the roid depression got to him.

Or maybe the yakuza hitmen.
This million dollar thing is BS. Vince just got Rick Rolled twice.

Ok.

There should be a lawsuit for false advertising a contest.

Ok.

It was that dudes ringtone.

But he later answered it.

That was pretty lame though.

I say Rick Rollin' is just about dead.
Dibiases' son should grow an 80's beard like his old man.

He'd look just like him.

Ok.

It was that dudes ringtone.

But he later answered it.

That was pretty lame though.

I say Rick Rollin' is just about dead.

He hung up on the dude, then called someone else. And that was supposedly dudes ring tone. Oh yeah, and the very first call he gets Rolled?? Nah. I don't think so. And the chick that won two dollars?? Fake.
Share 49ersWebzone