There are 387 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Foshay Wolverines Thread (LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!)

71-45 win over Hawkins HS today. This was our most well played game in my tenure. We've had a couple of "breakthrough" games, but this one was the most satisfying. We took the kids to a UC-Riverside game yesterday, and it was like a light bulb went on today. The patience, the execution, the understanding....just an amazing leap forward. They play with a ton of heart just about every game, but today they started showing a greater understanding of what basketball is supposed to look like. Watching these kids grow up on and off the court is incredibly gratifying.

11-8 overall, 3-0 in league. Wednesday vs. Middle College.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
71-45 win over Hawkins HS today. This was our most well played game in my tenure. We've had a couple of "breakthrough" games, but this one was the most satisfying. We took the kids to a UC-Riverside game yesterday, and it was like a light bulb went on today. The patience, the execution, the understanding....just an amazing leap forward. They play with a ton of heart just about every game, but today they started showing a greater understanding of what basketball is supposed to look like. Watching these kids grow up on and off the court is incredibly gratifying.

That's awesome dude!

Congrats on the win!
Sounds like you got a bunch of kids that really love basketball and want to get better. That's rare and I can appreciate that.

Keep up the good work.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Sounds like you got a bunch of kids that really love basketball and want to get better. That's rare and I can appreciate that.

Keep up the good work.

I really do. I have several juniors and seniors that aren't especially talented, but have busted their asses to become solid contributors. Very special group of kids. I need them to help raise the next generation.
Originally posted by jrg:

lulz

There was one play on offense yesterday where they made like 8 passes and used several different little things that I'd taught them before getting an open layup for our big man, and I looked at the bench, did what Sharpe's doing here, and wiped away my fake tears. My assistant coaches started cracking up because they felt the same way.

It's crazy how eventually the lightbulb just goes on for these kids.
Originally posted by MILFS:
start all of your black players and you'll win.

this is the key to victory for sure
45-41 Win in a battle of league unbeatens. 4-0 in league and sole possession of 1st place in the Exposition League!
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM ]
this thread is so refreshingly full of positivity
Exposition League Standings

Foshay.............4-0
Middle College...3-2
Hawkins............3-2
Angelou............2-3
Bright Star........0-5

Each team has 8 games, and we have the tie breaker over everyone right now. We have a shot at winning league. That hasn't happened at Foshay in 12 years. And the year before I took over, we didn't win a single game in league. Man, that would be so f**king awesome.

Big game tomorrow against Angelou.
Keep it coming, dude! Great to see/hear that the fellas are playing so well.
Exposition League Standings

Foshay.............4-0
Middle College...3-2
Hawkins............3-2
Angelou............2-3
Bright Star........0-5

Each team has 8 games, and we have the tie breaker over everyone right now. We have a shot at winning league. That hasn't happened at Foshay in 12 years. And the year before I took over, we didn't win a single game in league. Man, that would be so f**king awesome.

Big game tomorrow against Angelou.

Don't get ahead of yourself!

One game at a time.
f**k angelou! Send in your Lambeer to f**k them fools up, P!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k angelou! Send in your Lambeer to f**k them fools up, P!