LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 166 users in the forums

2012-13 Foshay Wolverines Thread (LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!)

This is my HS squad. Probably better to make this than to spam the NBA thread.

We're 5-7 on the year, which I'm pretty happy about. The year before I took over we were 1-11, with an average margin of defeat of 30.5ppg. Last year we were 2-9 and cut our point differential in half, and this year we're at a -2.5. We closed out our non-conference schedule winning 4 out of 5 games, which is the first time that's happened at the school since 2004. Even more satisfying, this was without my 4 best guys, and my 2 leading scorers from last year. The kids are REALLY growing and showing a more thorough grasp of the game.

Tonight I got news that my 2 best players will be back on the team for league & (hopefully) playoffs, and the 3rd & 4th guys probably won't be eligible. This is great news. In non-conference I had a pretty small team that could shoot, but got murdered on the boards (which I share the blame in) and couldn't dribble penetrate. I get my two best rebounders back, and my best dribble penetrator back, which I'm really happy about. Defensively, our 2-3 Zone has been fairly effective, and our 1-3-1 is improving. Our zone press even created some turnovers, but we have a ways to go on the latter two.

Two of my guys made all-tournament in one of the tourneys we played, which I'm very proud of. If you want to support the team, there are links below. Even $5 helps.

PayPal: [email protected]
FundRazr: https://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/activity/235f341cea7a4b0ba42da2b88adb8af1

Stats/Schedule/Record: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/foshay-learning-center-wolverines-(los-angeles,ca)/basketball/home.htm
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
Where are you in the picture?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Where are you in the picture?

I'm the short guy with the beard in the middle, with my hand on my player's shoulders, gettin' my Sandusky on.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
are you standing or kneeling? Lol
Dat nigha Pitbull on the bottom right
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If you want to support the team, there are links below. Even $5 helps.

$50 donated. Merry X-mas from StOnEy, SmOkEy, and Rasta.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thank you!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thank you!!

My pleasure.

C'mon guys. Let's help Pete's team out. Like he said, even $5 helps.
The kid you awkwardly have your left hand on next to SF69ers looks like Brandon Lloyd if you zoom in
Originally posted by marshniners24:
The kid you awkwardly have your left hand on next to SF69ers looks like Brandon Lloyd if you zoom in

Originally posted by marshniners24:

LOL, he does. When I first met him, he was much more of a skater/surfer than a basketball player. Really good kid.
Here's the maxpreps link if anyone GAF.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/foshay-learning-center-wolverines-(los-angeles,ca)/basketball/home.htm
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Be a lot cooler if they were the Foshay Jacksons.
Or if it was Fo' Shay

Looks like I'm getting my 3rd best guy back too. I've been through a lot with this kid, and he's now on track to graduate. He's extremely undisciplined on the court, but he respects me and I think I'll be able to reign him in. He's far and away my most athletic guy. Very excited.
Share 49ersWebzone