There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 MLB Playoffs Thread

Jeter will back . 3 month recovery and this HOF'r has baseball(Yankee ) in his blood. May be the one man who loves the game and his team more than T. Lasorda ? We are witnessing a player with M Jordan like stature in his sport . Legendary for sure and ironic that he wears those MJ cleats. If ever there was another athlete worthy of honoring that Flight logo , DJ is all that! God speed DJ. As for the Yanks, they simply aren't hitting and will not advance playing like this. Cano = 2-27?? Swisher sucks balls. Ichiro kicks ace. Pettite = HOF'r . What a gamer. Come on Bronx Bombers . Wake the F up!
Originally posted by crzy:
Jeter is a boss. This sucks.

I wanted the Giants to play against Jeter in the World Series

THIS. No other matchup would have been as exciting and mean more than beating the NY Yankees with a healthy Derek Jeter. He is the epitome of class and greatness as a ball player. I guess most people understand that.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

THIS. No other matchup would have been as exciting and mean more than beating the NY Yankees with a healthy Derek Jeter. He is the epitome of class and greatness as a ball player. I guess most people understand that.

I still want a Yankees-Giants WS, but admit it wouldn't be the same without Jeter
[ Edited by vrabbit on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM ]
Could give a s**t less about the Yankees, injuries are a part of baseball and no one felt sorry for Buster when he went down last year because he was "blocking the plate." I'm not going to feel sorry for him either.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I still want a Yankees-Giants WS, but admit it wouldn't be the same without Jeter

I feel bad for Jeter but I didn't want to play the yanks, regardless. I'm sure I'm in the minority that feels this way, but I wouldn't find it that satisfying a matchup, reason being the Yanks get there so many times that even if they lost, it probably wouldn't even be a big deal to their fans. They'd just sweep it under the rug and move on to next year, but with Detroit and their fans, there would be a lot more emotion on the line. Yeah, I know I'm weird.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Could give a s**t less about the Yankees, injuries are a part of baseball and no one felt sorry for Buster when he went down last year because he was "blocking the plate." I'm not going to feel sorry for him either.

Come on man.

LOL I guess you and 99 are more alike than I thought. That is quite the statement that " no one felt sorry for Buster when he went down". REALLY? I think a lot of people did. But you go ahead and not feel sorry for Jeter because of that.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
While I agree not many people gave a f**k as much as they should w/ Posey, that doesn't make it right to feel that way about Jeter. You're gonna hear a LOT more about Jeter. Jeter is one the best players of all time. Posey is still young. If you swapped roles, you'd hear the same about Posey. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Hope Jeter doesn't go out this way.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jeters replacement...Jayson Nix

Originally posted by vrabbit:

Agreed.
That jeter injury sucks. I just don't think the Yankees can beat the Tigers without their emotional leader playing.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Derek Jeter can EAD
Originally posted by jrg:

Come on man.

Put down the Hatorade dude . Every one felt sorry for Posey and now more people feel sorry for Jeter, regardless of wether or not 'it's part of the game!' Show some class man. You're way off point on this one. Posey's injury last year sucked Ballz . Sucked for him , the Giants and the MLB . Just like this injury to Jeter does.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninergoldrush:
Originally posted by jrg:

Come on man.

Put down the Hatorade dude . Every one felt sorry for Posey and now more people feel sorry for Jeter, regardless of wether or not 'it's part of the game!' Show some class man. You're way off point on this one. Posey's injury last year sucked Ballz . Sucked for him , the Giants and the MLB . Just like this injury to Jeter does.

I think you quoted the wrong person.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM ]

LOL I guess you and 99 are more alike than I thought. That is quite the statement that " no one felt sorry for Buster when he went down". REALLY? I think a lot of people did. But you go ahead and not feel sorry for Jeter because of that.

Really, no one gave a s**t and about 90% of sports pundits said it was his own fault for "blocking the plate."

Sorry, I hate all east coast sports, their teams, the players and the media. Like I said, I could give a s**t less about the Yankees and Jeter.

Giants all the way, no other teams or their players matter.