LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Im done with Coach. You're telling me he can't create a system to fit 4 all stars. He keeps trying to squeeze our players into his b******t system that never resulted in anything. Hinrich was f**king with Nash all night with that same jerky and pathetic cross over away from the screen, our players fail to communicate on defense, get lost on back picks, fail to rotation properly on defense...GOD DAMN

The players lack aggression and passion but with that said, this is on coach. He has failed tremendously and the team is on the verge of needing to be blown up. DO NOT trade Pau for some D'Antoni pieces that won't do us any good. This is ridiculous YOUR SYSTEM SUCKS STOP TRYING TO FORCE OUR PLAYERS INTO IT AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR THE TALENT YOU HAVE AROUND YOU

Oh and the best part is Pau's trade value is at an ALL TIME LOW WHAT THE FLYING f**k
This team is beyond difficult to watch
Originally posted by GameOver:
Im done with Coach. You're telling me he can't create a system to fit 4 all stars. He keeps trying to squeeze our players into his b******t system that never resulted in anything. Hinrich was f**king with Nash all night with that same jerky and pathetic cross over away from the screen, our players fail to communicate on defense, get lost on back picks, fail to rotation properly on defense...GOD DAMN

The players lack aggression and passion but with that said, this is on coach. He has failed tremendously and the team is on the verge of needing to be blown up. DO NOT trade Pau for some D'Antoni pieces that won't do us any good. This is ridiculous YOUR SYSTEM SUCKS STOP TRYING TO FORCE OUR PLAYERS INTO IT AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING FOR THE TALENT YOU HAVE AROUND YOU

Oh and the best part is Pau's trade value is at an ALL TIME LOW WHAT THE FLYING f**k

The Knicks were mediocre last year until they fired D'Antoni and replaced him with Mike Woodson. Lets face it. D'Antoni is a colossal bust as a coach. I dont like the Lakers and it doesnt bother me at all but I can only imagine how much Laker fans must despise this guy.

But.. dont blame D'Antoni. Blame Buss and Kupchak. They are the ones who passed on Jackson.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GameOver:

The Knicks were mediocre last year until they fired D'Antoni and replaced him with Mike Woodson. Lets face it. D'Antoni is a colossal bust as a coach. I dont like the Lakers and it doesnt bother me at all but I can only imagine how much Laker fans must despise this guy.

But.. dont blame D'Antoni. Blame Buss and Kupchak. They are the ones who passed on Jackson.

I can't see why Kupchak would have passed. I can only believe that Buss' ego got in the way and he didn't want to cave in to the guy f**king his sister and instead went with Pringles so he could create his own legacy as a magnificent Lakers decision maker. Mitch is a God. He did everything he could from his management position.
Pringles is a colossal f**k tard and needs to just quit !! You have d mutha f**king 12 and Kobe Bryant !! And you lose to the raptors... Somewhere mike brown is laughing his ass off
My reasons - I think they suck so bad and yes I'm beating a dead horse
1. Lazy - no cohesiveness - coach
2. Trying to be "show time" more like "slow time"- coach system
3. Defense stinks - coach
4. Age ??? Yeah but look at the old farts over in San Antonio -
5. Teams are smelling blood in the water and are eating it up.
6. There seems to be no electricity - y'all real laker fans know what I'm talking about! Just that enjoyable atmosphere we remember in our 5 championship runs (Kobe era) could that be personality yeah sure but it's also heart and desire to win - current team has none
7. Kobe is right - they need to slow it down and post up stop trying to be the suns f**k!!

This brand of basketball is I can't even watch it it's so bad... So what do the lakers do?? It's not like their getting any younger really - either blow it up and start over or catch that mother f**king fire we all know ya got and rid yourself from the Pringles style of bball
My expectations have dropped so low now that frankly I'd be surprised if we made the playoffs
  • BobS
  • Veteran
17-24 at the halfway point and 4 games out of the 8th play-off spot, all the Laker fans I knew where thinking championship when they got Howard. They are going to have trouble making the play-offs. I realize they are basically old except for Howard, but way too much talent to be a sub-.500 team.
whats the credibility on this Dwight for Love trade
The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard's list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers' struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don't seem to fit or complement Howard's assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he's leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they're facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won't make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

and now some Kobe blurbs...

The Los Angeles Lakers are seven games under .500 and four games out of the playoffs, forcing Kobe Bryant to see the reality of the situation.

"Obviously, this isn't working," Bryant said.

Pau Gasol is currently coming off a bench, a move that Bryant seemingly doesn't believe helps the Lakers.

Dwight Howard is expressing frustration with his lack of touches on offense.

"I've constantly tried to help him out, tried to talk to him," Bryant said of Howard. "Two o'clock in the morning, three o'clock in the morning. Texting him. Sharing reading materials. Anything to try and help him.

"He's coming off a major surgery in a market where it's just merciless; where there's demands and responsibilities of athletes. It's been tough on him."

lol how the hell did the lakers lose to the raptors??? hahaha I work at the Air Canada Centre and took the day off to watch the 49ers, obviously im glad i did but it wouldve been nice to see the lakers lose. I hate that team.

dwight howard is by far the worst player that has a max contract. surgery or not, the guy is flat out awful on offense. his back can't be that bad, he's still getting 4-5 blocks a night, can't be jumping like that with a bad back.

it's not hard to put up 20 points a night when you are the only option on an offense, and that's what he was in orlando. and 20ppg on a team you are the only option is not good. he can barely even score points with steve nash p&r, the guy is a joke, time to trade him.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
whats the credibility on this Dwight for Love trade

likely 0

howard either going to dallas or brooklyn

via FA or trade
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
lol how the hell did the lakers lose to the raptors??? hahaha I work at the Air Canada Centre and took the day off to watch the 49ers, obviously im glad i did but it wouldve been nice to see the lakers lose. I hate that team.

They didn't score more points than them.
The Los Angeles Lakers have rejected trade inquiries from teams interested in Dwight Howard as they believe there is still a good chance of him re-signing in the offseason, according to sources.

But sources said the Lakers may reconsider their position before the Feb. 21 deadline due to his increasing displeasure with his role under Mike D'Antoni.

Howard has not publicly indicated that he is interested in leaving, but has dropped hints in team circles about his unease with D'Antoni.

The Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks are the most realistic options to sign Howard outright in free agency.

The Brooklyn Nets are believed to remain as an option that intrigues Howard, but a trade would be necessary.
Dwight Howard for Kevin Love, I dont even care if we re-sign Howard i just want the phaggot Love gone
Share 49ersWebzone