LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Well Dwight hurt his shoulder again and is out.
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Are you kidding me? The Gasol deal is the one of the reasons the Grizzlies are worth a s**t today
Haha no one except Laker fan believed this before the trade, after the trade or today.

Remember before the trade the Grizzlies were the superior team: Better W-L record in the 3 seasons before. What happened after the deal? Grizzlies stopped making the playoffs and the Lakers started making the Finals.

Los Angeles Lakers are the most gutless and fortunate franchise in American Sports. Most of their success is based on Hollywood and b******t trades that only the NBA would ever allow to occur. How many of their HOF's have they drafted.....

Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, James Worthy .. just off the top of my head. And ... obviously Kobe will be,
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Well Dwight hurt his shoulder again and is out.

I really appreciate MWP still giving his all every play.

He is the only 1 other than Kobe that has a heartbeat out there.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Painful! Thank goodness for 49ers...I would be on meds. Any predictions on trade deadline?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, James Worthy .. just off the top of my head. And ... obviously Kobe will be,
So basically 3 Elite players. And then list all the guys that came to LA because of BS trades.

Notice the hat Kobe is wearing

Sorry to rain on your purple & yellow parade but atleast the Yankees have won with their own hometown products. Lakers have moving away from Minnesota, to thank for all of their success. Without Hollywood in the background, this franchise would be the Timberwolves.
So basically 3 Elite players. And then list all the guys that came to LA because of BS trades.

Sorry to rain on your purple & yellow parade but atleast the Yankees have won with their own hometown products. Lakers have moving away from Minnesota, to thank for all of their success. Without Hollywood in the background, this franchise would be the Timberwolves.

Are you kidding me? The Gasol deal is the one of the reasons the Grizzlies are worth a s**t today
Haha no one except Laker fan believed this before the trade, after the trade or today.

Remember before the trade the Grizzlies were the superior team: Better W-L record in the 3 seasons before. What happened after the deal? Grizzlies stopped making the playoffs and the Lakers started making the Finals.

Los Angeles Lakers are the most gutless and fortunate franchise in American Sports. Most of their success is based on Hollywood and b******t trades that only the NBA would ever allow to occur. How many of their HOF's have they drafted.....

Kwame Brown hahahaha greatest sound bite ever

4 elite players in that group. Worthy was not only a HOFer, but voted as one of the Top 50 players ever when they did the list in '97. In fact, all 4 of those players were Top 50. As for Kobe, he was drafted by the Hornets in a pre-arranged trade for Vlade Divac. The Hornets were drafting on behalf of the Lakers. The Minneapolis Lakers won 5 titles and were the first dominant team in the NBA, and did so without Hollywood in the background.

Thank you, now drive through.

I said it at the time, and everyone here can vouch for me on that.

Memphis was 22-60 the year before the Gasol trade, while the Lakers were 42-40.

Anything else, Dr. Naismith?

yea that dude LA knows a lil sumptin lol
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
4 elite players in that group. Worthy was not only a HOFer, but voted as one of the Top 50 players ever when they did the list in '97. In fact, all 4 of those players were Top 50. As for Kobe, he was drafted by the Hornets in a pre-arranged trade for Vlade Divac. The Hornets were drafting on behalf of the Lakers. The Minneapolis Lakers won 5 titles and were the first dominant team in the NBA, and did so without Hollywood in the background.

Thank you, now drive through.
If James Worthy was Elite, then so is Grant Hill

Worthy: 17.6 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.1 Steals, 0.7 Blocks, 52% Field, 24% 3pt, 76% FT
Hill: 17.0 PPG - 6.1 APG - 4.2 APG, 1.2 Steals, 0.6 Blocks, 48% Field, 31% 3pt, 77% FT

Actually considering that Hill has played atleast 7 more seasons than James (not bowing out with his boyfriend Magic @ 32 years old) Grant was a significantly better player. Just because Worthy was the original Kobe: Career surrounded by Hall of Famers doesn't mean we should over state his production.

Just think how many Championships Tim Duncan would have today with half the talent of Kobe, Magic or Wilt. Embarrassing.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I said it at the time, and everyone here can vouch for me on that.

Memphis was 22-60 the year before the Gasol trade, while the Lakers were 42-40.

Anything else, Dr. Naismith?

Lakers
2004: 34-48
2005: 45-37
2006: 42-40
----------------
121-125, 49%

Grizzlies
2004:45-37
2005:49-33
2006:22-60
--------------
116-130, 47%

Laker trips to the Finals before trade: 0
Laker trips to the Finals after trade: 3

Grizzlies trips to the playoffs before trade: 3
Grizzlies trips to the playoffs after trade: 0

Yes it was such a great plan to hand over Gasol in Conference. Face it, without the trade the Lakers remain a below .500 franchise. Which they are back to being, again. All of Lakers success is stolen: Wilt, Kareem, Phil Jackson. Everything made possible by the success and hardwork done at other franchises and then stolen by gutless Hollywood.

Oh and the 2002 Western Conference Finals and Game 7 of the 2010 Finals are the two biggest crock of s**t I've ever seen in American sports. How Kobe had the nerve to even celebrate after being benched in the 4th Quarter still cracks me up to this day but not as much as seeing the Lakers shockingly walked up and down the free throw line at Stapes in that 4th Quarter. NBA is a sham and the Lakers are the poster child of it
If James Worthy was Elite, then so is Grant Hill

Worthy: 17.6 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.1 Steals, 0.7 Blocks, 52% Field, 24% 3pt, 76% FT
Hill: 17.0 PPG - 6.1 APG - 4.2 APG, 1.2 Steals, 0.6 Blocks, 48% Field, 31% 3pt, 77% FT

Actually considering that Hill has played atleast 7 more seasons than James (not bowing out with his boyfriend Magic @ 32 years old) Grant was a significantly better player. Just because Worthy was the original Kobe: Career surrounded by Hall of Famers doesn't mean we should over state his production.

Just think how many Championships Tim Duncan would have today with half the talent of Kobe, Magic or Wilt. Embarrassing.

Grant Hill was elite before injuries stole a good portion of his career. Worthy was voted as one of the Top 50 players ever by as prestigious of a group of basketball writers, coaches, players, etc. ever assembled. I'd go over the reasons why the people who know basketball best bestowed this honor on him, but no further validation is required for someone whose basketball acumen merely involves regurgitating antiquated statistics and carries the animosity of a jilted lover toward a pro sports team.
Lakers
2004: 34-48
2005: 45-37
2006: 42-40
----------------
121-125, 49%

Grizzlies
2004:45-37
2005:49-33
2006:22-60
--------------
116-130, 47%

Laker trips to the Finals before trade: 0

Grizzlies trips to the playoffs after trade: 0

Yes it was such a great plan to hand over Gasol in Conference. Face it, without the trade the Lakers remain a below .500 franchise. Which they are back to being, again. All of Lakers success is stolen: Wilt, Kareem, Phil Jackson. Everything made possible by the success and hardwork done at other franchises and then stolen by gutless Hollywood.

Oh and the 2002 Western Conference Finals and Game 7 of the 2010 Finals are the two biggest crock of s**t I've ever seen in American sports. How Kobe had the nerve to even celebrate after being benched in the 4th Quarter still cracks me up to this day but not as much as seeing the Lakers shockingly walked up and down the free throw line at Stapes in that 4th Quarter. NBA is a sham and the Lakers are the poster child of it

You really showed me, showing how the Lakers had a better record in the composite previous 3 seasons as well as the year before. A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed.

BTW, let me fix this for you...

Laker trips to the Finals before trade: 28

Grizzlies trips to the playoffs after trade: 2 (and it will be 3, after this season)

The Grizzlies traded a good player in his prime for Marc Gasol, draft picks, and cap flexibility, which they used on Zach Randolph. Both Zach Randolph & Marc Gasol have been better than Pau Gasol for a couple of years now, and both were acquired as a result of the Pau Gasol trade. I know your seething rage toward the Lakers prevents you from seeing this, but the foundation of their (very good) team is directly attributable to this deal. It was a trade that helped both teams. And yes, I was saying that at the time as well.

Reply with whatever laughably irrational hatred you'd like. I'm done responding.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone