LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't think trading Howard solves much. The problem is on defense and it starts with the back-court. Both Kobe and Nash can't defend. Nash could never defend and you can't expect Kobe to be the defender he once was.

Artest was never quick, and is still a good one-on-one defender - but he isn't quick enough to rotate consistently when Nash (and Kobe) can't stay in front of their guys.

Howard is just upset that Kobe and Artest are jacking up shots and he is being asked to play defense when he can do so much more. He'd be okay with that if they were winning, but when you're losing - any player of his caliber won't be happy with that role.
Apparently Lakers had a "clear the air" meeting today after practice...

The Los Angeles Lakers held a meeting to clear-the-air amongst one another before Wednesday's shootaround.

Kobe Bryant directly asked Dwight Howard if he disliked played with him.

"Guys went at each other a little bit," said a person who witnessed the meeting.

Mike D'Antoni opened up the meeting by expressing his fatigue of reading grievances expressed in the media.

Steve Nash spoke first and said he didn't care what style the team played under.

Bryant acknowledged that he can be "hard to play with" and then asked Howard if it bothers him.

The answer Howard gave is unclear though he didn't engage back at Bryant in a similar tone.

"He didn't go back at Kobe," said the person who witnessed the meeting.

Howard subsequently spoke to the media about his need to hold himself accountable.

And this came out from D12, I would assume after the meeting...

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

The Lakers play at the Memphis Grizzlies and have lost three straight.

Howard also apologized for his comments about his lack of shot attempts.

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Howard declined to talk about his future with the franchise.

"We're not discussing that. Right now, our goal is to win. All I want to do is win."

I don't know what to make of that meeting. Sounds like D12 was being round about with Kobe when asked if he had a problem playing with him. This is ridiculous. This team is in turmoil. You need to start f**king winning, start tonight and keep it going.
Interesting. Probably should have happened a while ago. Just start busting your asses out there and all will be well.
Game starting in Memphis.
I lol'd at the first 2 possessions
Wow, they are actually playing harder than the opposition.
good start early....we'll see how this goes
Kobe 5/6

everybody else 3/11

thru 1

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
These memphis announcers are something else. I don't think they feel the grizz have ever committed a foul ever.
Down 10 after giving up a 15-3 run.

Nash is turning the ball over like a rookie hack 12th man.
THIS is what Kobe's career would be like for the past 6 years if not for one of the leagues worst trades in NBA History: Gasol to the Lakers (Only topped by other Laker trades)

Let's see which NBA team steps up the table and helps Lakers reload like has happened in this sport for the past 30+ years.

NBA is a joke.
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by KEGster:
THIS is what Kobe's career would be like for the past 6 years if not for one of the leagues worst trades in NBA History: Gasol to the Lakers (Only topped by other Laker trades)

Let's see which NBA team steps up the table and helps Lakers reload like has happened in this sport for the past 30+ years.

NBA is a joke.

Are you kidding me? The Gasol deal is the one of the reasons the Grizzlies are worth a s**t today
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Are you kidding me? The Gasol deal is the one of the reasons the Grizzlies are worth a s**t today
Haha no one except Laker fan believed this before the trade, after the trade or today.

Remember before the trade the Grizzlies were the superior team: Better W-L record in the 3 seasons before. What happened after the deal? Grizzlies stopped making the playoffs and the Lakers started making the Finals.

Los Angeles Lakers are the most gutless and fortunate franchise in American Sports. Most of their success is based on Hollywood and b******t trades that only the NBA would ever allow to occur. How many of their HOF's have they drafted.....
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM ]
Wow
Share 49ersWebzone