There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I have taken back that comment many times and reworded my opinion. Yet you still want to be hung up on the word trash. Like I said, he is an average player when just judging his skills....and he is trash when comparing said skills to his contract.

I dont understand how you can say that I am comparing him with "top PFs in the league" when I listed 20 power forwards. Makes zero sense.

OK this season, so you are discounting the injured players? I guess I can buy that, however Amare Stoudamire is a better player than Lee. Period. Garnett, although old, is still playing at a high level. If we were talking strictly this season and not beyond, I still have Garnett over Lee when talking overall game. Saying Josh Smith's offensive game has dipped so you would rather have Lee than him is laughable. There isnt a single GM in the NBA would agree with that. DeMarcus Cousins plays power forward as much as David Lee does. He moves over at times too, but he is a power forward. Luis Scola, I can buy. They are similar players but I prefer Scola. I have no issue with you preferring Lee. Boozer's game has dipped? Why because he is averagint 2 points less per game than his career average?

All in all, I dont really buy many of your bolded points, if any.

Like I said, Josh Smith is one of my favorite players, but I stick to my opinion that I would rather have Lee than Smith. Sure, Smith is a much better defender, but Lee is a lot more consistent in the offensive side of the ball, and that includes his ability as a passer. What I don't like from Smith this season is that he's chucking a lot more shots from mid range to 3-pt range than he should. Explain why you prefer Scola if they're similar players. I actually give the slight defensive edge to David Lee. Scola flops and holds. I have a ton of friends that are Chicago Bulls fans and they absolutely are NOT Boozer fans. Talk about someone that isn't playing anywhere near the contract he received. He was unstoppable at Utah and his offensive game dipped.

The way I look at it, you just really dislike David Lee for reasons I can't even fathom. First you say he's trash, then you take it back and say it's his contract, then you say it's cuz he sucks on defense. Ok, we get it. You don't like David Lee
[ Edited by SF69ers on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Like I said, Josh Smith is one of my favorite players, but I stick to my opinion that I would rather have Lee than Smith. Sure, Smith is a much better defender, but Lee is a lot more consistent in the offensive side of the ball, and that includes his ability as a passer. What I don't like from Smith this season is that he's chucking a lot more shots from mid range to 3-pt range than he should. Explain why you prefer Scola if they're similar players. I actually give the slight defensive edge to David Lee. Scola flops and holds. I have a ton of friends that are Chicago Bulls fans and they absolutely are NOT Boozer fans. Talk about someone that isn't playing anywhere near the contract he received. He was unstoppable at Utah and his offensive game dipped.

The way I look at it, you just really dislike David Lee for reasons I can't even fathom. First you say he's trash, then you take it back and say it's his contract, then you say it's cuz he sucks on defense. Ok, we get it. You don't like David Lee

I think its fair to say Deron Williams made Boozer look good
I think Scola and Lee are similar but I'd take Lee over Scola for sure.
1st in the Pacific!!!!!

Go W's
LOL Kings fans are mad about Barnes
Hey 80sbaby just stop. Cousins plays Center probably 99% of the time. And the only time he wouldnt be is when Chuck Hayes is in and chuck is guarding the other teams best offensive big (in some cases is the Center).
More like 80scrackbaby
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
More like 80scrackbaby

Denver Nuggets. Let's win!!!!!!
Bogut announced that he'll be out indefinitely and that he can't even get through a whole practice
Bogut announced that he'll be out indefinitely and that he can't even get through a whole practice

Just sit him until the New Year. They said that he can't take contact or change direction (w/o pain) right now.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

Just sit him until the New Year. They said that he can't take contact or change direction (w/o pain) right now.

Good news is that Festus is getting PT and getting comfortable defending against NBA bigs. Bad news is that Bogut's surgically repaired foot is still in bad shape.
Good news is that Festus is getting PT and getting comfortable defending against NBA bigs. Bad news is that Bogut's surgically repaired foot is still in bad shape.

That trade with the Spurs is looking pretty smart now. I dont know what the Warriors would do without Ezeli.
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
More like 80scrackbaby

Clever. Did you come up with that one all by yourself champ?
I think this Bogut thing is worse than we could have imagined. Microfracture surgery never sounds good. I've gotten to the point where I think we should shut him down for an extended period of time, and hope we get something out of him this season.
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com