There are 437 users in the forums
The Soccer Thread 12/13
Aug 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM
- 49erha
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,291
f**king turrible I think barca just won the title in August, real has been absolute trash today
Aug 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by 49erha:f**king turrible I think barca just won the title in August, real has been absolute trash today
Slow down bro, titles are not won in August.
Messi won the game in the 2nd half for Barca...what a f**kin' beast! Huge win for Barca!
Real Madrid vs Barca next...I want to take that Valdes goal backkk...ugh!
Aug 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM
- 49erha
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,291
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by 49erha:f**king turrible I think barca just won the title in August, real has been absolute trash today
Slow down bro, titles are not won in August.
Messi won the game in the 2nd half for Barca...what a f**kin' beast! Huge win for Barca!![]()
Real Madrid vs Barca next...I want to take that Valdes goal backkk...ugh!
They may not have clinched but realistcly how many points can you expect barca to drop? Also real has looked weak. They better sharpen up soon cause they are already in a deep hole
Aug 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Modric!!!
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Modric!!!
Midfield is not the problem for Real Madrid...but he is a damn good player. So overall I like the signing.
Aug 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by silkyjohnson:Modric!!!
Midfield is not the problem for Real Madrid...but he is a damn good player. So overall I like the signing.
Of course it ain't but Luka would be welcome in any midfield. Glad it's ours.
Aug 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Modric!!!
Midfield is not the problem for Real Madrid...but he is a damn good player. So overall I like the signing.
Of course it ain't but Luka would be welcome in any midfield. Glad it's ours.
I won't say any...but yes, most. Anyway, so is Kaka done at Madrid?
Aug 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by silkyjohnson:Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by silkyjohnson:Modric!!!
Midfield is not the problem for Real Madrid...but he is a damn good player. So overall I like the signing.
Of course it ain't but Luka would be welcome in any midfield. Glad it's ours.
I won't say any...but yes, most. Anyway, so is Kaka done at Madrid?
I can't think of any team that wouldn't make room for him in their lineup. But dunno about Kaka, that's kind of up in the air right now. Names of suitors have been thrown around but nothing concrete, just rumors. It's looking like we might keep him around for a couple more months.
Aug 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I can't think of any team that wouldn't make room for him in their lineup. But dunno about Kaka, that's kind of up in the air right now. Names of suitors have been thrown around but nothing concrete, just rumors. It's looking like we might keep him around for a couple more months.
He definitely can't start for Barca.
Real Madrid is kicking ass right now...wow! Barca down to 10 men too
Aug 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by silkyjohnson:I can't think of any team that wouldn't make room for him in their lineup. But dunno about Kaka, that's kind of up in the air right now. Names of suitors have been thrown around but nothing concrete, just rumors. It's looking like we might keep him around for a couple more months.
He definitely can't start for Barca.
Real Madrid is kicking ass right now...wow! Barca down to 10 men too
That's not a definite. Only Villanova could make that call, and he could definitely start for Barca.
Hala Madrid! Man, we shoulda murdered you guys today, oh well still got the W.
Aug 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM
- 49erha
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,291
Member Milestone:
This is post number 1,800 for 49erha.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by silkyjohnson:I can't think of any team that wouldn't make room for him in their lineup. But dunno about Kaka, that's kind of up in the air right now. Names of suitors have been thrown around but nothing concrete, just rumors. It's looking like we might keep him around for a couple more months.
He definitely can't start for Barca.
Real Madrid is kicking ass right now...wow! Barca down to 10 men too
Great game today, I have nothing but admiration for barca all quality and pushed real til the last second despite the red card.
As for modric I don't know where he will fit IMO ozil> modric and Morenou usually sticks with 2 defensive mids... Wonder if he changes that pairs modric with ozil?
Aug 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Modric will be the super sub of all super subs until someone gets hurt. Then he will start imo.
Also missed the classico today. I thought it was gonna be tm.
I had the day off work also. Fack
Also missed the classico today. I thought it was gonna be tm.
I had the day off work also. Fack
Aug 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I can't think of any team that wouldn't make room for him in their lineup. But dunno about Kaka, that's kind of up in the air right now. Names of suitors have been thrown around but nothing concrete, just rumors. It's looking like we might keep him around for a couple more months.
He definitely can't start for Barca.
Real Madrid is kicking ass right now...wow! Barca down to 10 men too
That's not a definite. Only Villanova could make that call, and he could definitely start for Barca.
Hala Madrid! Man, we shoulda murdered you guys today, oh well still got the W.
Even though Barca lost, I loved the game. Showed me a lot of fight in Barca. Down 2-0 in first 20 minutes, then down a man and Real playing at high level, crowd going berserk and still came back to score and looked more likely to score in 2nd half. If it was la liga match or a bigger trophy - I'd have been upset...but loved the way Barca played after Valdes, Pique, and Mascherano made terrible mistakes.
As for Modric - he can't start over Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, or Busquets. Hell, I'm not sure he gets off the bench because of Fabregas.
Aug 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
- NinerAce
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,557
UEFA Champions League Draw is done....
Group D

The draw:
Group
A Porto - Dynamo Kiev - Paris Saint-Germain - Dinamo Zagreb
B Arsenal - Schalke - Olympiacos - Montpellier
C AC Milan - Zenit St. Petersburg - Anderlecht - Malaga
D Real Madrid - Manchester City - Ajax - Borussia Dortmund
E Chelsea - Shakhtar Donetsk - Juventus - Nordsjaelland
F Bayern Munich - Valencia - Lille - Bate Borisov
G Barcelona - Benfica - Spartak Moskow - Celtic
H Manchester United -Braga - Galatasaray - CFR Cluj
Group D

The draw:
Group
A Porto - Dynamo Kiev - Paris Saint-Germain - Dinamo Zagreb
B Arsenal - Schalke - Olympiacos - Montpellier
C AC Milan - Zenit St. Petersburg - Anderlecht - Malaga
D Real Madrid - Manchester City - Ajax - Borussia Dortmund
E Chelsea - Shakhtar Donetsk - Juventus - Nordsjaelland
F Bayern Munich - Valencia - Lille - Bate Borisov
G Barcelona - Benfica - Spartak Moskow - Celtic
H Manchester United -Braga - Galatasaray - CFR Cluj
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
- NickV
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,574
Awwww yeah WZ showdown, barca v benfica. Bring it you effers!! Wooooo
Also group d is crazy, all champions of their leagues. Poor ajax got matched up with madrid for the 3rd season in a row lol
Also group d is crazy, all champions of their leagues. Poor ajax got matched up with madrid for the 3rd season in a row lol

