There are 260 users in the forums

***UEFA EURO 2012*** SPAIN BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!

^ LOLLL LOVE IT!
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Like I said before in this thread...Pirlo is the best deep lying playmaker in the world. And today he showed it. Show me the last time that Xavi had a game like that. Forza Pirlo. Made us Juventini proud today.

and wheres all the Italy s**t talkers now? Italy did just beat the "mighty" English squad. An Italy that was gonna be lucky to get out of their group. lol. Watch a little more non EPL or La Liga football.

To be fair, England was terrible, and I don't like our chances against Germany.

God you're such a downer. Good thing I didn't listen to you earlier.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
The 4 best teams remain.

So glad england didn't win, holy hell they parked the jet the flew in on. Forget the bus.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think Portugal is catching Spain at the right time.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Like I said before in this thread...Pirlo is the best deep lying playmaker in the world. And today he showed it. Show me the last time that Xavi had a game like that. Forza Pirlo. Made us Juventini proud today.

and wheres all the Italy s**t talkers now? Italy did just beat the "mighty" English squad. An Italy that was gonna be lucky to get out of their group. lol. Watch a little more non EPL or La Liga football.

Lol, sorry to be a downer, but I just wish we were better than we are right now. Its frustrating that we haven't had a consistent striker since ADP. And our defense isn't the same as it once was with Cannavaro and Nesta.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Lol, sorry to be a downer, but I just wish we were better than we are right now. Its frustrating that we haven't had a consistent striker since ADP. And our defense isn't the same as it once was with Cannavaro and Nesta.

You looked just fine today, dunno what u talkin about. You may not have a 2006 caliber team but it's not far behind Spain and Germany.
Originally posted by 49erha:
Can't wait for thurs. Germany vs Italy finally can get revenge for 2006

lol, will that make up for it? we've already won our cup.

I'm sure Germany will prevail in that match, but I don't think it will make up for 06

BTW, Pirlo is such a cheeky SOB. Favorite player in the world by far.

Of course it can't make up for that, that was suppose to be our year at home and ballack in his prime. But to take Italy out of this tournament will give us some revenge.

sounds alot like 2006.

you know as well as i do that these two teams are faaaaaar different from 06. Our D was rock solid and Germany didn't have the same youth and pace.

Yes these two teams are different, but Italy has the best defense of the tournament even if it is inferior to the 2006 Italy. The thing that is going to hurt Italy is losing Maggio on the flanks imo. Lets see who Prandelli sends out there. The Juventus defense stopped pace all season long, and it is the backbone of this Italy. So I'm sure it will be a good game. Italy is playing with a fire this tournament, they have something to prove. Before the euros started, everyone wrote them off, especially because of scomessopoli.

It will be intresting to see, Germanys defense has been sketchy lately. So I expect italy to steal a goal. But this German team is young and fast, they are deadly on the break.

Ozil vs Pirlo should be a great show
It will be intresting to see, Germanys defense has been sketchy lately. So I expect italy to steal a goal. But this German team is young and fast, they are deadly on the break.

THIS. Ozil is my favorite non-Italian player. He is just flat exciting.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

THIS. Ozil is my favorite non-Italian player. He is just flat exciting.

I didn't get to watch the last game - but is it me or has he not played that great in this tourny?
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran

...I'm not going to get into the whole Xavi thing - because majority of the unbiased fans will tell you he is one of the best European players in the World today regardless of position. There is no point arguing this. Great game today...

...I had Italy in the Semis against Germany...so clearly I rated them high going into the Euro Cup. I'm going to stick with my predictions - the two best teams meet in the Finals - Spain vs. Germany - though it won't shock me at all if Italy and Portugal made it to the Finals.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I didn't get to watch the last game - but is it me or has he not played that great in this tourny?

He hadn't played that good in the 1st 3 matches, but he exploded against greece. Had a great game on friday.
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by Garcia:

He hadn't played that good in the 1st 3 matches, but he exploded against greece. Had a great game on friday.

Yeah but I don't think it was on him, this is why low made the changes he did. Gomez, muller, and podolski were not making the great runs that we see with Germany. If you notice rues and klose made those runs and ozil hit them every time, Germany had 5 or 6 great chances that they couldn't finish before lahm did. So I think that is why ozil didn't look that great. One thing though he needs to learn how to finish. He has so much talent but to be one of the greats he has to have that finishing ability. He is only 23 though.

I know I have said this a lot but when gotze,19, is ready( if not already) this may become the new ineasta xavi, gozil is there nickname in Germany. Kinda awesome that this is the youngest German team since the 30s and yet there so good
Just got back from vacation and watched the whole weekend's games on DVR.

As expected from Germany

Spain handled France

But man, Italy sure did make it hard on themselves. That game should have been a blowout.

Italy will have it's hands full with Germany. Portugal vs Spain should be awesome.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just got back from vacation and watched the whole weekend's games on DVR.

As expected from Germany

Spain handled France

But man, Italy sure did make it hard on themselves. That game should have been a blowout.

Italy will have it's hands full with Germany. Portugal vs Spain should be awesome.

Germany and Portugal should be favorites to make it to the final. They both had 2 extra days off and that's a pretty decent advantage to have. I'm not sure who UEFA put in charge of scheduling - but that person should be fired.
Share 49ersWebzone