There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 College Football Coaching Carousel

• Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell
Mike Leach will make $2.2M a year at WSU according to @PeteThamelNYT. Puts him behind Kelly, Kiffin & Tedford. Tied w/Sarkisian.

PaulCalvisi Paul Calvisi

BREAKING NEWS: Multiple sources confirm ASU has made contact w/reps for Kevin Sumlin & they are "down the road." Ready to spend $2.5M per yr

Football Rumor Mill 10:13 pm on November 30, 2011
Multiple sources tell FRM TX A&M will fire Mike Sherman, barring any last minute change of heart.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

Facilities are a major issue for UCLA in search MT@FrshYelGrizzly: I don't see UCLA getting. sumlin or Petersen no facility or funds there
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

I'm told Mike Sherman - and his $8 million buyout - will be back at Texas A&M next season.
There are also reports that ASU may be interested in Mike Martz and Jim Mora Jr
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
But all this is important because it is possible to win at Washington State; from 2001 to 2003, the Cougars had three straight ten win seasons. It may be that the Pac-10/12 is much better top to bottom than it was then, but this is not as big of a rebuilding job as, say, Kentucky was when Mumme and Leach went there.

Building a staff. The most important job for Mike right now is to quickly and effectively put together a staff. Fans may expect Leach to arrive in Pullman and by sheer force of history and personality begin to tear up Pac-12 defenses, but the quality of assistants is extremely important. Historically, the assistants Leach has been around, both when he was an assistant himself and later as a head coach, have gone on to continued or increased success elsewhere as four or five have become D-1 head coaches and a number of others have gone on to become offensive coordinators. Further, Mike is a strange guy: he talks too long in meetings, can ramble when recruiting, was never known as a die-hard recruiter, and is very focused on certain things — his offense and his quarterbacks — and really needs others to take the lead in other matters.

http://smartfootball.com/offense/mike-leach-is-the-new-coach-at-washington-state-rejoice-and-be-glad
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Merci380 Whitney Mercilus

"@lastcartridge: @Merci380 Who do you think will coach you next year?" tell you the truth I have no idea but he better b good for 2.5-3 mil

14.5 sacks for Illinois this year.
It will be interesting to see what Leach can do at Wash St. I kind of think he will struggle, its tougher to recruit kids to go to Wash St then to go to Texas Tech IMO and he will be getting the scraps of CA which aren't as good as the scraps in TX.

On UCLA, I'm willing to beat the hunt for a coach is going to blow up in their face. UCLA just doesn't have the facilities or the financial backing to attract a top quality coach and then you have to deal with sky high expectations. And facilities matter big time (see Oregon and Ok St). If you don't deliver wins right away, everyone will jump on you on how terrible you are that you can't put together a good team when LA area is loaded with talent. There is no way Peterson would leave Boise for UCLA.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Source: Arizona State has officially offered its football job to Houston coach Kevin Sumlin. http://twitter.com/DougHaller
Originally posted by Jcool:
Source: Arizona State has officially offered its football job to Houston coach Kevin Sumlin. http://twitter.com/DougHaller

Hah, I was just going to post that.

He was the guy I wanted ASU to go after, I hope he accepts.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Football Rumor Mill 2:22 pm on December 1, 2011

Sources close to Kevin Sumlin tell FRM that reports he has been offered the Arizona State job are totally false… at least for now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
skhanjr Sam Khan Jr.

Per sources with knowledge of the situation, Kevin Sumlin has not been contacted nor been offered the Arizona State job at this time.
If Sumlin leaves Houston, I hope he doesn't pull a b*tch ass Brian Kelly move and waits until after his team's BCS Bowl game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Texas A&M has decided to fire football Mike Sherman but has not yet notified him, a prominent Aggie source just told me.

A&M would owe Mike Sherman between $3M-$5M because he didn't sign his extension contract, the Aggie source says.

Houston's Kevin Sumlin would emerge as the A&M frontrunner. "He's the favorite of Aggie Nation," the source says.

http://twitter.com/kbohls
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

RT @billyliucci: Sherman has apparently come off road (no longer making in-house visits). Texas A&M is now in the market for a new head man.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

Extension and raise MT @VandyFootball: Vanderbilt Athletics will conduct a presser Friday at noon CT with VC David Williams & James Franklin.

A&M Interim head coach for the bowl game will likely be decided tomorrow (per their release)