LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

2011-12 College Football Coaching Carousel

• Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

I 100% stand by my report that Mack Brown will likely be forced out at Texas. Would never report w/ out independent, corroborative sources.
Originally posted by Jcool:
SPORTSbyBROOKS

I 100% stand by my report that Mack Brown will likely be forced out at Texas. Would never report w/ out independent, corroborative sources.

That would be crazy, I wonder who Texas will go after? I assume they would try to lure a current HC. Dabo Swinney? Chris Peterson (I think they could lure him)? Its a top 5 job in college, so it will be crazy who they get. Maybe g
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
That would be crazy, I wonder who Texas will go after? I assume they would try to lure a current HC. Dabo Swinney? Chris Peterson (I think they could lure him)? Its a top 5 job in college, so it will be crazy who they get. Maybe g

I say they stay in state and hire Gary Patterson.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
RT @schadjoe: Colorado State coach Steve Fairchild will not return
any tulane fans in the house? yes? no?

Breaking news: @TammyNunez reports that #Saints WR coach Curtis Johnson will be the next head coach at Tulane. Details to come.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Several A&M candidates emerge
Analysis: Houston's loss likely derailed Aggies' 'buddy system' for coach.

Prior to Houston's 49-28 loss to Southern Mississippi on Saturday, Sumlin was considered the leading candidate — by a long shot — to replace Sherman...

Now, Sumlin continues to earn plenty of consideration from A&M, but so do Louisville coach Charlie Strong, Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart and perhaps the man who put the whooping on UH, Southern Miss's Larry Fedora, who grew up in College Station. A push for Strong, Florida's defensive coordinator in its recent heyday under Urban Meyer, is surging, multiple insiders said, based on his SEC ties.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...ge-2342779.php
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

UCLA AD Dan Guerrero reportedly flew to Houston to pursue Kevin Sumlin because, naturally, he wasn't interested in hiring him.
Arizona State Beat Writer Doug Haller reporting ASU has ended their pursuit of June Jones to fan and booster outcry.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Arizona State Beat Writer Doug Haller reporting ASU has ended their pursuit of June Jones to fan and booster outcry.

Are you guys getting rid of Erickson after he took you guys to a Bowl game??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yep, 2 bowl appearances in his 5 years, with an overall record of 31-30 is not enough. We gave him 5 years and expected better then a 6-6 season after 3 straight losing seasons. And DE only had one winning record against PAC teams in his first season, afterwards its 4 straight losing seasons in the PAC.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yep, 2 bowl appearances in his 5 years, with an overall record of 31-30 is not enough. We gave him 5 years and expected better then a 6-6 season after 3 straight losing seasons. And DE only had one winning record against PAC teams in his first season, afterwards its 4 straight losing seasons in the PAC.

Yah I guess if you can't dominate within your division you won't gain or get any respect. I also don't normally feel to happy going to a Bowl with a 7-6 record either. But honestly, that's too bad for Erickson, wonder where he'll go now??
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Yah I guess if you can't dominate within your division you won't gain or get any respect. I also don't normally feel to happy going to a Bowl with a 7-6 record either. But honestly, that's too bad for Erickson, wonder where he'll go now??

Back to the bottle.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Back to the bottle.

Hahahahahah LMAO Aint that the truth

I use to have a part time job a few years back and on Sundays you couldnt buy Alcohol until 10 am, well every Sunday at 10 am guess who was buying an 18 pack and wasnt headed for the gold course? Yeah good old Dennis
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Nobody here is buying that story. I'll take Chip Brown over some guy from LA when it comes to Texas Sports. My only worry is Manny Diez taking a HC job.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
@billyliucci: Kevin Sumlin and Larry Fedora both interviewed with A&M AD Bill Byrne for 2+ hours on Monday in NYC.
Share 49ersWebzone