There are 210 users in the forums

2011-12 College Football Coaching Carousel

• Paul
  • Veteran
why is Penn State so high on Mullen? He did just go 6-6

There are going to be a ton of jobs, should get interesting
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Can't wait till McMackin is on this list.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
RT @coachingsearch BREAKING: I have learned that UAB will hire Arkansas offensive coordinator Garrick McGee as head coach.
i think pete carroll makes over 6 mil per year in seattle, 5 mil from a college might not cut it
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Randy Edsall's dream job has morphed into nightmare territory. In his first season at Maryland, [Edsall] took a wrecking ball to everything Ralph Friedgen had built at his alma mater. Edsall overhauled the offense from pro-style to a spread. He ripped the names off his players' jerseys and the doo-rags off their heads. He chased a bunch of players from the football program, including David Mackall and maybe soon Danny O'Brien. And he lost a lot of games, including eight straight to finish 2-8. … Edsall, who is already on the hot seat, might need a turnaround next season to save his job. He signed on for five years with the Terps, but he has already done so much damage that he has worn out his welcome.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-edsall-or-leach20111201,0,5630159.story
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
As some folks in the know are saying now, after Boise State's Chris Petersen rejected UCLA's advances, it became Al Golden's job if he expressed an interest in talking further to UCLA. UCLA, which is waiting to hear from Golden, took a long look at him last time around before hiring Rick Neuheisel, so it makes sense Dan Guerrero would go that way again.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1203-simers-ucla-oregon-20111203,0,648472.column
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
For all of you Todd Monken fans... told earlier this week he was on outside looking in at Illinois job initially, but he definitely wants in

http://twitter.com/breitwieser
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Multiple sources tell me ASU interested in June Jones. Also noted by@doughaller. June's name pops up alot, but this time 100% legit
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
RT @NealMcCready: Freeze appears to be in line to become Ole Miss' next coach. http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1302435
Originally posted by Jcool:
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Multiple sources tell me ASU interested in June Jones. Also noted by@doughaller. June's name pops up alot, but this time 100% legit

OMG, if we hire June Jones, Lisa Love has got to go.... Heck, I'd rather keep Erickson then hire June Jones.

Calvisi is reporting that ASU boosters are concerned with the process and are meeting with ASU admins... Our top 5 list should be Fedora (if interested), Mora Jr., Malzahn (if interested), Kirby Smart (if interested) and my dark horse candidate is Willie Taggart (current coach of West. Kentucky).

I don't know why there isn't more buzz about Taggart. For those that don't know, W. Kentucky moved up from AA recently and lost every game it played before Taggart arrived. In Taggart's first year they only won 2 games, but narrowly lost 5 games. In his 2nd year, Western Kentucky finished as the #2 team in the conference. Taggart comes from Jack Harbough's coaching tree, and was Stanford's RB coach before taking over at Western Kentucky.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 4, 2011 at 1:59 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Jcool:
SPORTSbyBROOKS

OMG, if we hire June Jones, Lisa Love has got to go.... Heck, I'd rather keep Erickson then hire June Jones.

Calvisi is reporting that ASU boosters are concerned with the process and are meeting with ASU admins... Our top 5 list should be Fedora (if interested), Mora Jr., Malzahn (if interested), Kirby Smart (if interested) and my dark horse candidate is Willie Taggart (current coach of West. Kentucky).

I don't know why there isn't more buzz about Taggart. For those that don't know, W. Kentucky moved up from AA recently and lost every game it played before Taggart arrived. In Taggart's first year they only won 2 games, but narrowly lost 5 games. In his 2nd year, Western Kentucky finished as the #2 team in the conference. Taggart comes from Jack Harbough's coaching tree, and was Stanford's RB coach before taking over at Western Kentucky.

Why?? June Jones would definitely make you guys contenders, took Hawaii to a BCS and got SMU winning (seriously SM mutha frickin U), what has Erickson got you??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Multiple sources, including one inside UT football program, told me today Mack Brown will likely be forced out at Texas

Keep an eye on @kbohls and @chipbrownOB for updates on Mack Brown. Both plugged in at UT, do good work.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SPORTSbyBROOKS

Hugh Freeze will meet w/ Ole Miss about job today. Likely to accept. Announcement afterwards. Possibly Monday.

Archie Manning is running the Ole Miss search. Freeze was Oher's H.S. school. 1 year at Ark. St. Bold move by OM.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Why?? June Jones would definitely make you guys contenders, took Hawaii to a BCS and got SMU winning (seriously SM mutha frickin U), what has Erickson got you??

Erickson got us a Holiday Bowl. As far as June Jones, he can get a mid-major team to win against mid-major competition, nothing more and that is his peak IMO. He is what, 60 years old? I'm not the only one of this opinion, after it was announced he interviewed with us the boosters demanded a meeting with ASU admin over their coaching search.

I don't know why we don't interview Jim Mora Jr. when he said he would want the job....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

Two UT sources close to the situation say there's no truth to reports that Mack Brown is about to retire or be forced out.
Share 49ersWebzone