LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
landry sucks

-signed by a former sacramento kings fan.

Landry does NOT suck.

if he was good, he wouldn't be ecstatic about a chance with the warriors, he'd be on a contender.

i heard rick tittle creaming his pants over him and laughed
Originally posted by drunk49er:
if he was good, he wouldn't be ecstatic about a chance with the warriors, he'd be on a contender.

Hey look who's back
Originally posted by drunk49er:

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
f**k the Lakers, f**k the Warriors, f**k Basketball in General.

It's just not worth being invested in this sport, with it's ridiculous lack of parity.

Originally posted by crzy:
f**k the Lakers, f**k the Warriors, f**k Basketball in General.

It's just not worth being invested in this sport, with it's ridiculous lack of parity.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
No seriously though.

Only like 3 teams have a shot at competing in any given year.

The remainder of the teams KNOW they have no shot, and simply DUPE their fanbases into paying for an inferior product.

What other sporting events actively market the ROAD TEAM SUPERSTARS. COME SEE LEBRON, knowing that nobody wants to see the piece of s**t crappy product that their own organization puts on the floor every f**king year.

It's a grand waste of time.

f**k that noise.

I got better things to do with my time.

I've outgrown this nonsense.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM ]
^ I like the passion... This sport is really rough for the overwhelming majority of fan bases. And what I mean by rough is not only do they suck, the chances of them ever being really good is EXTREMELY slim. OKC got lucky. There may be one team like that, a team that hits it big with a low key superstar like KD. For the most part, most teams can look forward to a fifth or six seed tops? The hopes of getting to the second round at best? F'n frustarating. I guess there is always room on one of the bandwagons.
[ Edited by sacniner on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
No seriously though.

The remainder of the teams KNOW they have no shot, and simply DUPE their fanbases into paying for an inferior product.

What other sporting events actively market the ROAD TEAM SUPERSTARS. COME SEE LEBRON, knowing that nobody wants to see the piece of s**t crappy product that their own organization puts on the floor every f**king year.

f**k that noise.

The NBA is a terrible league
Thats why I pay a lot more attention to the NFL and MLB

When its NFLseason not a single f**k is given about the NBA
Originally posted by ImaMod:
No seriously though.

f**k that noise.

The NBA is a terrible league
Thats why I pay a lot more attention to the NFL and MLB

When its NFLseason not a single f**k is given about the NBA

I agree with you guys. It's becoming more and more difficult each year to watch the rich get richer. I'll never bandwagon one of the "super teams". I'm still with the Warriors...but let's honest...there's no way that we get a playoff spot unless we steal a few games from the Lakers and Clippers (in the Pacific Division). Yeah, every team has to play the full 82, but damn.
Ha. Keep drafting the way you guys have the last couple of years and avoid giving guys like David Lee massive contracts, and you'll be in the upper echelon of the league as well. Might I remind you that you guys drafted Ike Diogu head of the main piece that went out in this deal. No Bynum, no Howard in LA. You make your own luck. See NYK.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ha. Keep drafting the way you guys have the last couple of years and avoid giving guys like David Lee massive contracts, and you'll be in the upper echelon of the league as well. Might I remind you that you guys drafted Ike Diogu head of the main piece that went out in this deal. No Bynum, no Howard in LA. You make your own luck. See NYK.

Lol, not a Lakers fan at all but can understand your excitement. Just don't forget the Eagles last year....

That being said, went into the Lakers thread and just to read the posts...

For a Warriors fan like me I hope the Lakers crash and burn, but will not troll in the thread... but basically the fans in there already say the title is a done deal. We shall see...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Two factors are needed to build a winning squad: competence and luck. And we could go back and forth arguing over which of these two factors plays a larger role in a teams' success.

But my point is, once you actually acquire that elusive impact franchise player......it's almost impossible to retain him. That guy wants to either play in a sexy market or play with his friends on a superteam.

There's a palpable lack of parity.

And maybe that's just the nature of the sport. Maybe it's impossible to have competitive balance in a league where a single transcendent player can turn you from the worst team in the league to the best team in the league.

But then, what's the point if you're a fan of a mid-market team.

Is the ultimate goal, for me as a fan of the Warriors, to hope that one day this organization will have competent enough management and enough luck to somehow land a transcendent player............and then have a window of only four years to find other elusive pieces to complement this player....and then pray that the guy doesn't leave anyway for Los Angeles or to pair up with some other superstar player in some sexy market.

I know that the NBA will never be the NFL.

But the NBA as it's currently constituted is flawed. And they have no intention to do anything about it. The NBA prefers a league without parity because superteams are easier to sell to the casual fans or the bandwagon fans.

The distribution of talent in this league is too thin for there to be 30 teams.
errbody in the club wanna play for the Lakers
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM ]
Two factors are needed to build a winning squad: competence and luck. And we could go back and forth arguing over which of these two factors plays a larger role in a teams' success.

But my point is, once you actually acquire that elusive impact franchise player......it's almost impossible to retain him. That guy wants to either play in a sexy market or play with his friends on a superteam.

And maybe that's just the nature of the sport. Maybe it's impossible to have competitive balance in a league where a single transcendent player can turn you from the worst team in the league to the best team in the league.

Is the ultimate goal, for me as a fan of the Warriors, to hope that one day this organization will have competent enough management and enough luck to somehow land a transcendent player............and then have a window of only four years to find other elusive pieces to complement this player....and then pray that the guy doesn't leave anyway for Los Angeles or to pair up with some other superstar player in some sexy market.

But the NBA as it's currently constituted is flawed. And they have no intention to do anything about it. The NBA prefers a league without parity because superteams are easier to sell to the casual fans or the bandwagon fans.

Easy solution for the league if they want parity...hard salary cap. The penalty/luxury cap BS doesn't mean shat.

Partial solution for the Warriors....you are right...better management, better evaluation of talent. Get the f**k out of Oakland, build the arena on the waterfront in SF, change your name back to the San Francisco Warriors (like it was originally when they came to the bay) to bring back "The City" identity. This will make the market more "sexy" as you say, and players will actually consider this as a destination to play in.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Good post, I agree with everything you said

and I was just thinking. Honestly if we drafted a super-duper star and he demanded a trade to the Lakers or Dallas and we fulfilled it, I dont think I'd watch the NBA for a while. I'd be too pissed at how corrupt the league is. It pisses me off when it happens to teams i dont care about, I cant imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened to the Warriors.
Share 49ersWebzone