LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Your Golden State Warriors. - Some Hope for the Future!

With Rush back I think we might resemble an NBA team!
Originally posted by susweel:
might actually get you guys to 35 wins, lol

If healthy, this team gets 45.

That's a big IF though.
Would rather have gotten Hill for 2 for 8 million than Landry for the same price. Idk though, I guess Landry is pretty good.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Would rather have gotten Hill for 2 for 8 million than Landry for the same price. Idk though, I guess Landry is pretty good.

Hill was pretty good last year, but he's got some off the court issues that may get him in trouble. Rather go with Landry, who's a pretty tough guy, and solid dude off the court.
Originally posted by ritchie:
If healthy, this team gets 45.

That's a big IF though.

Well, we haven't reached the point where teams are saying , "Jumping Jehoshaphat, we got to go up against the Warriors, they're going to kill us, even though we're playing at home."
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Well, we haven't reached the point where teams are saying , "Jumping Jehoshaphat, we got to go up against the Warriors, they're going to kill, even though we're playing at home."

Barring injury, this team will be much better in the second half of the season.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Dapro.
Warriors signed Rush back. I guess the team is set now.
you guys dont seem as excited about landry as i thought. he's pretty underrated imo
landry sucks

-signed by a former sacramento kings fan.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Wtf..17,000 seating capacity?

from ESPN

Warriors new arena will be smaller
The Golden State Warriors have been playing in Oracle Arena since 1971, and after the last round of renovations the arena seats 19,596 for basketball games.

If the team is successful in building a new state-of-the-art arena on San Francisco's beautiful Embarcadero by 2017, as was announced in May, Bay Area fans can expect a much smaller venue.

"It's going to be top of the line in every respect. We don't really know what the economy is going to be in five years. We don't know what the economics of the NBA will be in five years; it's even premature to talk about pricing," Warriors president Rick Welts said.

"What we do know is we want the arena to be full every night and for it to be full every night it has to be organized and priced in a way that 16,000, 17,000 are excited about coming."

This is an interesting plan that would carry with it at least some risk. One has to look no farther than Seattle. When Key Arena was renovated in 1994, the new seating capacity was only 17,072, which made it the smallest in the NBA and ended up being one of the big reasons why the Sonics were unable to turn a profit.

Thats nothing..Oracle right now has like 20,000 seats and easily sells out. Why would hey make it smaller?

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
landry sucks

Landry does NOT suck.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Wtf..17,000 seating capacity?

Quote:
from ESPN

Warriors new arena will be smaller
The Golden State Warriors have been playing in Oracle Arena since 1971, and after the last round of renovations the arena seats 19,596 for basketball games.

If the team is successful in building a new state-of-the-art arena on San Francisco's beautiful Embarcadero by 2017, as was announced in May, Bay Area fans can expect a much smaller venue.
"It's going to be top of the line in every respect. We don't really know what the economy is going to be in five years. We don't know what the economics of the NBA will be in five years; it's even premature to talk about pricing," Warriors president Rick Welts said.

"What we do know is we want the arena to be full every night and for it to be full every night it has to be organized and priced in a way that 16,000, 17,000 are excited about coming."

This is an interesting plan that would carry with it at least some risk. One has to look no farther than Seattle. When Key Arena was renovated in 1994, the new seating capacity was only 17,072, which made it the smallest in the NBA and ended up being one of the big reasons why the Sonics were unable to turn a profit.

Thats nothing..Oracle right now has like 20,000 seats and easily sells out. Why would hey make it smaller?

So they can charge big bucks and price out all ghetto fans
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Season tickets or gtfo
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Season tickets or gtfo

I'm too lazy to Google search this but I wonder what the league average is for stadium capacity. This stadium will be built on a pier so sounds about right to reduce the seats a little. Sucks though...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
landry sucks

Landry does NOT suck.

yeah i agree, he is a reliable scorer and plays pretty good defense too
Share 49ersWebzone