There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Damn. Looks like the Bobcats aren't taking Beal then if they ever were.

I don't think Gordon would keep them from taking Beal. They likely made that deal for the pick from Detroit, and they're so far away from contention that by the time they might have a chance at the playoffs, Gordon will likely be off the books.

That said, I don't think they're taking Beal anyway.

Eh the pick is lottery protected for the pistons. I think they did it for Gordon more than for the pick.

"@chadfordinsider: Pistons save around $14M long-term in deal. Bobcats new head coach Mike Dunlap said teams biggest need was shooters."
Originally posted by Jigga:
I agree here. I intentionally practiced the Ray Allen drill as well as other outside shooting drills with my squad, because I really only had 2-3 girls that could create their own shot. Once we figured out how to correctly move the rock around on the perimeter, we obliterated defenses. Luckily, more than half of the girls on the team were fairly good shooters.

Sure, most teams played zone against us, but I had at least 5-6 different sets (including screening vs the zone) that got us open looks.

Vs man D, we ran a ton of high pick-and-roll late in the season, in order to get our best ballhanders and creators some mismatches. Needless to say, if you can pick and roll efficiently at any level, you'll get plenty of high % buckets.

Did you emphasize skip passing when doing this, or just basic ball reversal type of stuff? Also, did you run set plays vs. zones, or did you have a react & react type of zone offense?

Ya...the PnR needs to be a part of every offense.

Part of me wonders if coaching girls is easier in this sense. It's amazing how often stubborn guys dribble right into the teeth of a zone, and don't the patience to shift it first with ball movement.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Eh the pick is lottery protected for the pistons. I think they did it for Gordon more than for the pick.

"@chadfordinsider: Pistons save around $14M long-term in deal. Bobcats new head coach Mike Dunlap said teams biggest need was shooters."

I stand corrected. They're just dumb then.
Bobcats are coming up.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Did you emphasize skip passing when doing this, or just basic ball reversal type of stuff? Also, did you run set plays vs. zones, or did you have a react & react type of zone offense?

Ya...the PnR needs to be a part of every offense.

Part of me wonders if coaching girls is easier in this sense. It's amazing how often stubborn guys dribble right into the teeth of a zone, and don't the patience to shift it first with ball movement.

Skip passes and Popovich-like ball reversal against the zonewere key to a few of the plays. But the most important thing that I had to continue emphasize (to the ballhandlers) was to Penetrate and make the defenders commit. Most girls weren't quick enough to read and react to the swing of the ball. But it's paramount that the perimeter players have chemistry with the distributors...understanding passing lanes...knowing how to move without the rock...being ready to shoot at all times. Man, I had to repeat these things ad nauseum.

And uh, regarding boys vs girls, I had to coach the "attitudes" at times as well, bro. Girls tend to invest a bit more emotion (into everything LOL), so that made things annoying at times. But overall, they followed instructions and got used to playing my style of ball.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Bobcats are coming up.

When you win 7 games the only place to go is up
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Question:

If Mike Miller is retiring - can he be traded prior to his retirement to a team looking for cap relief and trying to get rid of a contract? Can Miami do this?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Question:

If Mike Miller is retiring - can he be traded prior to his retirement to a team looking for cap relief and trying to get rid of a contract? Can Miami do this?

Yeah I think so but I doubt he'll retire. Isn't he only like 31 or 32?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Question:

Yeah I think so but I doubt he'll retire. Isn't he only like 31 or 32?

From whatever I've read - it seems like he is done - at least for now. Some are worried that he may have to use a cane to walk before he turns 40. I don't know how credible all this is - I just read it on the interwebs.

There were some reports that he told his team-mates that he is done during the Finals. He denied it, but then also said - he is not sure if he is going to retire or not.
Question:

Yes.
Amare fined 50K for tweeting gay slur

b***h move on dude's part for taking a screenshot of the private message and making it public.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

b***h move on dude's part for taking a screenshot of the private message and making it public.

I just sent this to your employer. Expect a fine/suspension for posting a sexist term.
Originally posted by dobo:

I just sent this to your employer. Expect a fine/suspension for posting a sexist term.

This.

This.

Stop being f*gs

This.

Stop being f*gs

YOU'RE A WHAT
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home