LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 326 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

• zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Zero do you have a favorite team or just root for the whole conference?

LSU alum and fan first, support the SEC second.
Why do SEC fans hate mid-major schools like Boise State so much? Are they still butthurt that Mountain West Utah dominated "the most talented team in the country" Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 3 years ago? Oh, woops, sorry, we are aren't supposed to mention that bc it destroys the "SEC dominance" argument.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
Why do SEC fans hate mid-major schools like Boise State so much? Are they still butthurt that Mountain West Utah dominated "the most talented team in the country" Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 3 years ago? Oh, woops, sorry, we are aren't supposed to mention that bc it destroys the "SEC dominance" argument.

Don't really care this week as I'm 1000% against the gumps
  • zero
  • Veteran
I'm drunk, about to go f**k down my girl friend and extremely happy right now!!! Good game gumps, now go cry about it on the way to killing your kicker.

5 straight national champions from one conference seems like dominance to me

No, it doesn't. Why so much hate for the SEC? Why not just acknowledge that they have good teams and a lot of times those teams live up to their expectations, especially recently?
I don't watch much college football, but when it comes to speed, the difference between that game last night and every other game I've seen in recent years was palpable. Those two teams are on a different level athletically than any teams in the Pac-10.
well this weekend jacked up some stuff. Boise, Stanford, ...

Now imagine this...LSU loses at the end and the two teams they beat early, Alabama and Oregon, sneak ahead of them. That sux but is definitely possible. Shows how jacked up college football is sometimes. It is all about when you lose, not the total picture.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Now imagine this...LSU loses at the end and the two teams they beat early, Alabama and Oregon, sneak ahead of them. That sux but is definitely possible. Shows how jacked up college football is sometimes. It is all about when you lose, not the total picture.

If Arky beats them next Friday LSU is out of the SEC Championship so it could happen. Then again, if OSU loses to Oklahoma in Bedlam we could get LSU vs. Alabama again and end up pissing off a s**t ton of people. If LSU beats Arky, the only two teams in the nation that could give them fits are BAMA and OSU.
Originally posted by zero:

If Arky beats them next Friday LSU is out of the SEC Championship so it could happen. Then again, if OSU loses to Oklahoma in Bedlam we could get LSU vs. Alabama again and end up pissing off a s**t ton of people. If LSU beats Arky, the only two teams in the nation that could give them fits are BAMA and OSU.

LSU/Bama won't happen again. There is a precedent set that you can't play for the Nat'l title if you don't win your conference.

LSU/Bama won't happen again. There is a precedent set that you can't play for the Nat'l title if you don't win your conference.

please dont let it happen again
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I referred to that game as a giraffe abortion. I was being kind. No chance the "top 2" teams in the nation have offenses that piss poor. I don't care how good the defenses "allegedly" are.

I referred to that game as a giraffe abortion. I was being kind. No chance the "top 2" teams in the nation have offenses that piss poor. I don't care how good the defenses "allegedly" are.

f**king thank you!!! Not to mention their special teams weren't that great either. IMO Okie St. might be the best in the nation, but I dunno. I'm not even sure there really is a best team this year, just a bunch of teams that match up against eachother differently.
  • zero
  • Veteran

"Allegedly"? come on bro, just because they come from the SEC who's crushed you're irrelevant buckeyes twice in BCS National Championships you have to hate? There's no "Allegedly' about it, BAMA and LSU do indeed have the best defenses in the nation. Stop with terrible offenses argument too, prior to there meeting, both teams we're averaging 35 points a game and weren't exactly playing a directional school every week. What you got was the two best defenses in the nation battling for each yard and everyone knew it wasn't going to be a shootout. But I am in agreement with in regards to a rematch; I think it would suck, and am hoping OSU crushes Oklahoma so one of these defenses has to game plan for an excellent offense.
  • zero
  • Veteran
f**king thank you!!! Not to mention their special teams weren't that great either. IMO Okie St. might be the best in the nation, but I dunno. I'm not even sure there really is a best team this year, just a bunch of teams that match up against eachother differently.

Bama's special teams aren't that great, LSU is doing just fine in that regard and OSU is awesome this year and I'm hoping LSU has a crack at them if neither doesn't lose the rest of the way.

[ Edited by zero on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone