Originally posted by jrg:
the death penalty?! wtf did they do?!

did you just take a 24 hour nap?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
the death penalty?! wtf did they do?!

did you just take a 24 hour nap?

yeah couldn't tell if serious
No. The death penalty is stupid. Let them play ball. They all cheat especially Florida, CA and TX. The big programs in those states routinely cheat. You just ruin Saturday football. Let them play. The only difference is those who get caught and those who don't.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. The death penalty is stupid. Let them play ball. All of the bigger programs cheat. You just ruin Saturday football. Let them play. The only difference is those who get caught and those who don't.

fixed
Originally posted by drake49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. The death penalty is stupid. Let them play ball. All of the programs cheat, regardless of size. You just ruin Saturday football. Let them play. The only difference is those who get caught and those who don't.

fixed

Fixed again, but now its true
Originally posted by aman49:
Fixed again, but now its true

• jrg
  • Veteran
Somebody please explain the "death penalty" to me in college football
Somebody please explain the "death penalty" to me in college football

It's basically where the NCAA will ban the school from competing in football for at least 1 year. It would be a devastating blow money wise and they will have a hard time coming back from it.
[ Edited by drake49er on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM ]
I think these infractions are probably the most deserving of the death penalty since SMU if most of them turn out to be true (and it looks like Yahoo has done their homework, and rumors are that the NCAA's cursory investigation found even more). However, I think the NCAA will go out of their way to avoid dropping the hammer on one of their marquee, most profitable schools.

If the investigation ends up finding anything even more damaging, which it very well could, then they may have no choice considering the rash of violations occurring across the sport right now.
Originally posted by Digger:
I think these infractions are probably the most deserving of the death penalty since SMU if most of them turn out to be true (and it looks like Yahoo has done their homework, and rumors are that the NCAA's cursory investigation found even more). However, I think the NCAA will go out of their way to avoid dropping the hammer on one of their marquee, most profitable schools.

If the investigation ends up finding anything even more damaging, which it very well could, then they may have no choice considering the rash of violations occurring across the sport right now.

Personally...I want Miami to get the Death penalty. I think they deserve it but I think the NCAA will find a reason not to kill their football program. Money is really the only thing the NCAA cares about. By slashing UMs football program is slashing some of their own income.

I am a little biased. I'm a lifelong FSU fan.

Meh my football just keeps getting worse. 49ers rebuilding, Canes gonna suck, and now im left with nothing in Gamecock country. Madden 12 better not suck.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Meh my football just keeps getting worse. 49ers rebuilding, Canes gonna suck, and now im left with nothing in Gamecock country. Madden 12 better not suck.

Well..you prolly just ruined it for the rest of us. Just b/c you said that Madden is going to suck.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
there's talk that they may... and honestly you know what? I think they should, take a look at all these programs breaking rules (USC, OSU, UNC, now Miami) it would definitely send a strong message. I'd maybe say something like just let Miami play conference games but not be eligible for bowls or non-conference games. s**t's getting ridiculous
not death penelty but prison for life

death penalty should only be used in murder or rape charges
Yes. They absolutely don't deserve a football program after this.
Share 49ersWebzone