There are 212 users in the forums

University Of Miami Scandal

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Yes. They absolutely don't deserve a football program after this.

That's a bit drastic...
From my understanding, they're no different than a lot of programs. It's the system that's broken, and one day someone in charge is gonna realize that.

Frank Gore no evidence, that's all I care about.
So what? They all were. It's Miami.

It sucks that all this crap is going on behind the scenes, I was hoping there would be no niners on that list..... but frankie was there.
So far frank has been a class act with us, so I will just chalk it up to an agent leading him astray. Plus I remember he was always worried about his grandma, so If I were in his spot itd be hard to pass up on cash for me also.

At least he wasn't on the hooker, drugs, list.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Somebody please explain the "death penalty" to me in college football

It's basically where the NCAA will ban the school from competing in football for at least 1 year. It would be a devastating blow money wise and they will have a hard time coming back from it.

That's it? If it's one year, that doesn't as deadly as the phrase indicates. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture with the long term effects.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Just glad to see someone else under the microscope, other than Ohio State!
Originally posted by Ang:

All of the big programs do this. People need to get their head out of the sand and realize crap like this has been going on for decades.

GO BUCKS!
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by Ang:

All of the big programs do this. People need to get their head out of the sand and realize crap like this has been going on for decades.

GO BUCKS!
I don't care if they pay players. I just want to see good ball on Saturdays. It ruins the games if you do all this death penalty stuff. The only difference between those who get the death penalty or suspension is those who get caught. Some don't get caught.

all the programs are guilty its just a matter of who gets caught

but they all are guilty

the only way to beat it is to legalize it. it's like prohibition. if you can't enforce the law and people are just going to do it anyway you may as well legalize it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
all the programs are guilty its just a matter of who gets caught

but they all are guilty

the only way to beat it is to legalize it. it's like prohibition. if you can't enforce the law and people are just going to do it anyway you may as well legalize it.
Yes.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by drake49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Somebody please explain the "death penalty" to me in college football

It's basically where the NCAA will ban the school from competing in football for at least 1 year. It would be a devastating blow money wise and they will have a hard time coming back from it.

That's it? If it's one year, that doesn't as deadly as the phrase indicates. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture with the long term effects.
Look at it this way.
SMU got a one year ban. All the coaches were fired (or left), all the players left, all the support people left because the school isn't going to pay them to sit around and do nothing.
By the time they were eligible to even play, they had no players and missed the entire next season just trying to put together a staff and team.

Nobody wants to go to a team that can't compete for a Bowl Game let alone a Conference Championship, or play on tv. So when SMU finally did play their first game they basically fielded a Junior College squad and got destroyed in the SWC.

It spiraled from there.
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Look at it this way.
SMU got a one year ban. All the coaches were fired (or left), all the players left, all the support people left because the school isn't going to pay them to sit around and do nothing.
By the time they were eligible to even play, they had no players and missed the entire next season just trying to put together a staff and team.

Nobody wants to go to a team that can't compete for a Bowl Game let alone a Conference Championship, or play on tv. So when SMU finally did play their first game they basically fielded a Junior College squad and got destroyed in the SWC.

It spiraled from there.

This will never happen to the U because there's too much money to be lost by all involved parties (ACC, NCAA, TV, Miami, etc)
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Look at it this way.

It spiraled from there.

This will never happen to the U because there's too much money to be lost by all involved parties (ACC, NCAA, TV, Miami, etc)

Too bad that money was the only focus. Maybe if they took time to control the players from doing stupid s**t outside the program, they wouldnt be where they are. The "U" deserves to have the book thrown at them
Share 49ersWebzone