LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Yup, like I said, worst season in a decade.

You are right. At least the clusterf*ck in 2007 where a 2 loss team won the BCS title had teams coming in and falling out of the Top 2 on a weekly basis. This is just horrific. LSU and Alambama are not that good, but the other teams are worse

There is a lot of NFL talent on Alabama and LSU, yet they aren't good?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by schmons:
bcs is turning college football into a joke.

yeah but.... the regular season is "like" a playoff.

A playoff where you benefit from not scheduling tough teams and being in a conference that gets the benefit of the doubt (SEC or Big 12).

Think about this... if Oregon doesn't play LSU in Week 1, they are probably ranked #2 this week.

not sure if you got my sarcasm.......
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
awfulannouncing Awful Announcing

Jim Tressel... future AKRON head coach??? http://www.lostlettermen.com/report-jim-tressel-to-meet-with-akron/
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You are right. At least the clusterf*ck in 2007 where a 2 loss team won the BCS title had teams coming in and falling out of the Top 2 on a weekly basis. This is just horrific. LSU and Alambama are not that good, but the other teams are worse

LSU and Alabama have the best resumes to claim to be the top teams. Both have 1-loss against tought competition.

LSU is without a doubt the #1 team, only undefeated team with a big OOC win. The problem I have is that IMO it should be required you win your conference to be in the title game, meaning Oklahoma State or V-Tech should go over Alabama assuming they win their title game.

Now I think Alabama is probably a better team then Ok St and V-Tech, but lets say Alabama beats LSU in the title game. IMO there is no way you can say Alabama deserves to be the champ when they could not win their own division.

I'm rooting for LSU, Ok St, and V-Tech to lose theire title games. Hopefully the chaos would be another thing to encourage a move to playoffs.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

LSU and Alabama have the best resumes to claim to be the top teams. Both have 1-loss against tought competition.

LSU is without a doubt the #1 team, only undefeated team with a big OOC win. The problem I have is that IMO it should be required you win your conference to be in the title game, meaning Oklahoma State or V-Tech should go over Alabama assuming they win their title game.

Now I think Alabama is probably a better team then Ok St and V-Tech, but lets say Alabama beats LSU in the title game. IMO there is no way you can say Alabama deserves to be the champ when they could not win their own division.

I'm rooting for LSU, Ok St, and V-Tech to lose theire title games. Hopefully the chaos would be another thing to encourage a move to playoffs.

+1
  • zero
  • Veteran
RG3 for Heisman
  • zero
  • Veteran
LSU. by far the best team in college football.
  • zero
  • Veteran
SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC........

Whats crazy is their team is actually pretty young.

They have 4 seniors on offense (but I think WR Rueben Randle will leave early). And 4 seniors on defense (and one is LE Kendrick Adams who splits time with LE Barkevious, so really only 3 regular senior starters). But on D, CB Morris Claiborne should leave early. They have 8 sophmores that are starting (including 6 sophs on D, with Barkevious as the 7th soph). I mean their D next year will be one of the best ever if they can find another corner to replace Claiborne.

damn MSU Spartans last td ans 2 point scores were poetry in motion
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
damn MSU Spartans last td ans 2 point scores were poetry in motion

s**t yeah they were. LOL, that was some crazy s**t on the TD play.
  • zero
  • Veteran
OSU rolling Boomer Sooner
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by okdkid:
ASU fires Erickson, as expected. He has ruined two of my favorite teams.

Lisa Love needs to make a MAJOR splash with her next hire. Her job depends on it.

Of course there is the usual list of college HC's and coordinators circulating for a replacement. But, if I was her, I'd make an effort to make it known I'm trying to make a big splash... regardless of it being a possiblity.

For that reason, I'd go after:

1) Jon Gruden
2) Mike Singletary (I think he'd be an amazing college coach if he had talented coordinators. Few will out-recruit him. And his schtick would do very well in the college game.)

Even if she can't land these guys...at least the PR will be good. And she needs it.

Wow, totally disagree on your selections. I don't think you could be more off, why would we go after an ex-NFL coach? We are a mid-tier (well now bottom-tier) BCS school with limited cash supply. Jon Gruden? Seriously? Why on earth would he be interested in coaching a mid-tier college program when he spent the last 20 years of his career coaching/covering the NFL? No way Gruden would be remotely interested.

And Singletary? You kidding me? Guy has as much ability to game plan and use strategy as a rock. As a niner fan, I'm shocked you would want him to take over ASU. He has never proven he can coach, aside from motivating players with rah-rah speeches.

ASU should be going after Sumlin or Fedora. Both are up and coming coaches who are 2 of the top offensive minds in the game that ASU has the ability of luring and paying.

I agree with you completely. If Lisa Love hired Singletary to be HC she should be fired too. Singletary HEAD COACH.........

This they're really fun to watch
Share 49ersWebzone