There are 91 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Originally posted by Amir:
Agree with 69. I don't care what has happened in the past. If Manny agrees to Olympic style drug testing all the way up to the fight, then Floyd has no reasons to not to do this fight. Simple as that.

Yup. Honestly, I see Floyd finding another reason not to sign the fight.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
No worries, bro. Talking PBF/Pac is like politics to us sports fans LOL

Honest question....prior to Mosley, who else did Floyd ask to take Olympic style drug testing? I honestly don't know and I'm trying to wonder because he only started demanding it once Pac was surfacing as his toughest opponent.

I'm not sure, it never was much of an issue before. It's possible he just started demanding it to stay consistent with his request to Manny. There is no doubt in my mind that PBF is concerned Manny can beat him. He has one punch knock out power and very good speed, so he always has a punchers chance. I want to see this fight so bad it hurts. At the same time, I want to make sure that a fight this big isn't tainted and that each man is just competing with his God given talents.

Here is my take: Manny is such a dangerous puncher that you just can't risk trading shots with him. All it takes is one good hit and it's goodnight. So, all though Floyd has an amazing defense, he's one slip away from hitting the canvas (see Mosely, Floyd). On the flip side, if Floyd decides not to take chances and just counter punch, I dont think Manny hits him clean. PBF is much more elusive than Mosely and once Mosely decided to go into defense mode, Manny couldn't get through. How much more would he struggle against Floyd? I dont think Floyd can knock out Manny, he wont open up enough. I think it would take a number of shots to take down the Manny I've seen. He was hit flush with Mosely punches and didn't seem to be effected (red flag for me). I do think Floyd could hurt him as Manny lacks discipline with his punches at times, but I dont think he would be willing to "go in for the kill." I see this fight ending in one way, Manny wins. Either Manny knocks him out; or the judges (who are shady) give Manny the win even if Floyd should have clearly one on points. I just dont trust boxing when it's left in the judges hands.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Well said Oakland Niner. You def know your boxing.

I agree with everything you said. Manny will def have problems with Floyd's defense and Floyd will look to win on the scorecards. I also agree if it goes to the judges. Can't trust them. Even if Floyd is "winning" the judges tend to give rounds to the more aggresive fighters (manny in this case).

All in all, I just wanna see this fight. It needs to happen to settle who's the best, once and for all.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not sure, it never was much of an issue before. It's possible he just started demanding it to stay consistent with his request to Manny. There is no doubt in my mind that PBF is concerned Manny can beat him. He has one punch knock out power and very good speed, so he always has a punchers chance. I want to see this fight so bad it hurts. At the same time, I want to make sure that a fight this big isn't tainted and that each man is just competing with his God given talents.

Here is my take: Manny is such a dangerous puncher that you just can't risk trading shots with him. All it takes is one good hit and it's goodnight. So, all though Floyd has an amazing defense, he's one slip away from hitting the canvas (see Mosely, Floyd). On the flip side, if Floyd decides not to take chances and just counter punch, I dont think Manny hits him clean. PBF is much more elusive than Mosely and once Mosely decided to go into defense mode, Manny couldn't get through. How much more would he struggle against Floyd? I dont think Floyd can knock out Manny, he wont open up enough. I think it would take a number of shots to take down the Manny I've seen. He was hit flush with Mosely punches and didn't seem to be effected (red flag for me). I do think Floyd could hurt him as Manny lacks discipline with his punches at times, but I dont think he would be willing to "go in for the kill." I see this fight ending in one way, Manny wins. Either Manny knocks him out; or the judges (who are shady) give Manny the win even if Floyd should have clearly one on points. I just dont trust boxing when it's left in the judges hands.

Good post. I truly hope we get the fight that we've all been clamoring for...

Oh, and I agree about judges. I don't trust them in boxing or in MMA.

Felix Sturm likes this

Good post. I truly hope we get the fight that we've all been clamoring for...

Oh, and I agree about judges. I don't trust them in boxing or in MMA.

or college FB.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Felix Sturm likes this

That decision was an embarrassment...
That decision was an embarrassment...

felt bad for the dude. But hey, can't miss out on that big DLH vs. Hopkins money.
Originally posted by Amir:
Well said Oakland Niner. You def know your boxing.

I agree with everything you said. Manny will def have problems with Floyd's defense and Floyd will look to win on the scorecards. I also agree if it goes to the judges. Can't trust them. Even if Floyd is "winning" the judges tend to give rounds to the more aggresive fighters (manny in this case).

All in all, I just wanna see this fight. It needs to happen to settle who's the best, once and for all.

Thanks!

There was a part of me that wanted to see Floyd lose to Mosely, because I just dont think we've seen the best Floyd has to offer, simply because he's more concerned with his perfect record than how the fight looks. If Floyd loses, I think that could be one of the best things to happen in boxing. I would love to see what an angry Floyd with nothing to lose looks like.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM ]

Honest question....prior to Mosley, who else did Floyd ask to take Olympic style drug testing? I honestly don't know and I'm trying to wonder because he only started demanding it once Pac was surfacing as his toughest opponent.

What do you mean by red flag? It is a red flag that he might be on roids? Sorry..but I don't think Roids has anything to do with your ability to take a punch to the face and not get knocked out.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

What do you mean by red flag? It is a red flag that he might be on roids? Sorry..but I don't think Roids has anything to do with your ability to take a punch to the face and not get knocked out.

Yeah it does. You ever heard of A-side meth? They use that shyt in the Philippines. It makes bullets bounce off of fools.
[ Edited by GlenCoffeesNuts on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:21 PM ]

No, but there are things boxers can take to significantly reduce the probablility of being dazed or knocked out.

No, but there are things boxers can take to significantly reduce the probablility of being dazed or knocked out.

So you believe Manny is just hyped up on a tonne of s**t? Come on man.

So you believe Manny is just hyped up on a tonne of s**t? Come on man.

I guess your right, elite athletes never look for that extra edge....Or at least it only happens in MLB, Football, Track and Field, oh yeah and a few top notch boxers.....

P.S. All I know is Manny has taken some amazing shots to the face by known punchers who are naturally much bigger than him and didn't even blink. It's up to you to make the call.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM ]
you would think that elite boxers would be tested for everything under the sun before and after a fight.
Share 49erswebzone