LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I really dont think you guys are being fair. I believe Floyd really believes Manny is cheating. I totally disagree that he is just making that up so the fight wont happen. I think it's clear Manny is the one with something to hide. Anything else is just spin. The bias everyone has in favor of Manny is embarrasing. It's not like Floyd is asking Manny to do something he wont.....

It's not that we're not being fair. Floyd continues to talk s**t to try and build the fight up more. That's obvious. He released a racist rap, he continually accuses Manny of taking PEDs with no proof, etc. Manny's camp has agreed to unlimited blood testing. All of it. Let's get this s**t signed already. You have some bias towards Floyd as well. So it goes both ways. But IMO, Floyd is trying to find every reason NOT to fight Manny.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Mayweather will retire undefeated. Whether he fights Manny or not.

you're probably right.. he's talkin' out of his a55 right now cuz that's what he's good at.. he knows he can't beat pac (at the moment)..

i could see mayweather being a b-hop type fighter.. fighting til he's in his 40's.. he's built for it
mayweather is a smart cat.. he knows what he's doing.. he won't fight pac unless he knows it's FOR SURE he will beat him.. and right now i don't think he's confident enough

i mean pac is already showing signs of slowin' down (complaining of his legs) vs. mosley.. if it doesn't happen next year.. then f*ck boxing in general
THE REAL KING OF BOXING

Nobody wants to see King Sergio
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
THE REAL KING OF BOXING

Martinez is a fckin monster. Seeing him in a fight against Manny/Floyd would be awesome but I don't see it happening.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I hope King Serg fights Cotto after Cotto he beats Margacheato. Serg will win but its the best fight for him at 154-161. Unless of course Floyd moved back up to 154.
Originally posted by Amir:
I hope King Serg fights Cotto after Cotto he beats Margacheato. Serg will win but its the best fight for him at 154-161. Unless of course Floyd moved back up to 154.

This.

man, seeing a Martinez v. Pac fight would be sick though
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Amir:

This.

man, seeing a Martinez v. Pac fight would be sick though

I don't think Manny could handle 154 where I think Floyd could. And no way in hell is King Serg comin down to 147.
THE REAL KING OF BOXING

I hate the way Paul Williams fights. Nice knock out, but Floyd is not going to drop his right hand to expose his chin like that. That was pretty dam close to a haymaker lucky punch. Either way, Paul deserved to be knocked the F out.

My new favorite boxer is Ward. Partly because I see him working out around my nieghborhood, but also I love his technical (some call cheap) skills. I've rarely seen a fighter beat other elite fighters using diffrent styles. He is so multi-dimentional, he's like Billacheat of boxing.

Also, lets be honest, boxing is probably the only sport where it's ok to be racist. Every ethnic group does it. Ricans, Mexicans, Pinoys, Whites, blacks all want their guy to win. Thats just the way it is.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:36 PM ]
THE REAL KING OF BOXING

I hate the way Paul Williams fights. Nice knock out, but Floyd is not going to drop his right hand to expose his chin like that. That was pretty dam close to a haymaker lucky punch. Either way, Paul deserved to be knocked the F out.

My new favorite boxer is Ward. Partly because I see him working out around my nieghborhood, but also I love his technical (some call cheap) skills. I've rarely seen a fighter beat other elite fighters using diffrent styles. He is so multi-dimentional, he's like Billacheat of boxing.

Also, lets be honest, boxing is probably the only sport where it's ok to be racist. Every ethnic group does it. Ricans, Mexicans, Pinoys, Whites, blacks all want their guy to win. Thats just the way it is.

I dunno.

My fave boxer ever was Roy Jones in his prime.

I dunno.

My fave boxer ever was Roy Jones in his prime.

I think you're the exception to the rule. And I'm not saying people hate a fighter because he's a certain race, but more that you root more for the guy that is your ethnic/national heritage. There is definitly a lot of ethnic and national pride in these fights. Look at the Rican vs Mexican rivalries. I watched the Manny vs. Oscar fight with about 20 old buddies from highschool. Half were Filipino the others some kind of Latin. Even though we are all friends, there was a very clear racial divide. At one point it got a little heated.

I use to love him too, but once he got destroyed by Hawkins in the second bout, he was never the same. I wouldn't doubt if he was on the juice either.

My least favorite boxer of all time has to be Lennox "the Wussy" Lewis. That dude fought so scared it was rediculous. No doubt he new he dodged a bullet with the Klit fight and retired as soon as possible. I've got no respect for him.
i've never rooted (is that even a word?) against Mayweather, i'm messican.
Im mexican and i wanted De La Hoya to get murdered in every one of his fights.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i've never rooted (is that even a word?) against Mayweather, i'm messican.

It worked on Microsoft word....

P.S. Maybe I'm just a racist projecting my own predjudces on others....
THE REAL KING OF BOXING

andre ward is my favorite boxer
Share 49ersWebzone