There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mayweather vs Ortiz September 17th

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i like it though.. ortiz better than the last 3 cats pacman fought

i'm a little worried if pac and may ever fight... manny could barely catch a slower mosley.. how is he gonna catch mayweather

I'm not too worried. Pac didn't even train that hard for Mosley and they were too buddy-buddy during the fight. Pac will be motivated for Floyd cuz of all the s**t he talked.

Fight will never happen because Pedman is a cheater. With out his performance enhancing drugs, he wont beat PBF. Ask yourself, I was he going toe to t boe with superlight wieghts like Manuel (I think) and he couldn't even knock him out. 5 years later he's going toe to toe with guys 50 pounds heavier and crazy jaws, but he almost or does knock them out (Mosely, Marg, Ricky). Give me a break. You are bias because he is Pinoy.

LOL at your "evidence" showing that Pacman takes roids. It doesn't even sound like you've followed his fights back since 2002. Fighters move up and down in weight all the time. MMA fighters do it as well. Anderson Silva, arguably the best P4P MMA fighter has fought at 165, 170, 185, 205, and he walks around at 230. They've all passed the test, and Pacman has done all the tests that each fight has needed.

And how exactly does being 50 pounds heavier make your jaws stronger?! If anything, it just makes it bigger and easier to hit.

HaiGuise is right, your opinion holds no weight
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Yeah, I don't buy the Pac is on steroids argument. He's passed all the test. Like 69 said, fighters move up and down in weight all the time. Shoot, Mayweather has fought in 5-6 different weight classes.

That said, if all it takes for a mayweather/pacman fight to happen is for Pac to take random drug testing, then he should agree to it. If Floyd agreed to the limit on the glove sizes and the $3M dollar penalty per pound exceeding exceeding the weight, then Pac should accept random drug testing up til the fight.
Originally posted by Amir:
Yeah, I don't buy the Pac is on steroids argument. He's passed all the test. Like 69 said, fighters move up and down in weight all the time. Shoot, Mayweather has fought in 5-6 different weight classes.

That said, if all it takes for a mayweather/pacman fight to happen is for Pac to take random drug testing, then he should agree to it. If Floyd agreed to the limit on the glove sizes and the $3M dollar penalty per pound exceeding exceeding the weight, then Pac should accept random drug testing up til the fight.

As big of a PacMan fan that I am, I agree with you. This fight needs to get done and IMO, boxing needs this fight.
Originally posted by SanFranMan:

Why does Ortiz and the media keep lying? Ortiz keeps saying "the ref said break or something like that and I turned and looked at the ref and boom he hit me". What happened was he wanted to kiss and make up again and after the second hug a thon while he was looking eye to eye with FM he got dropped with his hands down. The time had already started and the ref was simply trying to make sure the bell hadn't rung yet since there was only 15 seconds left when he stopped the time to take a point away from Ortiz for the head butt.

I would like for anyone out there, Floyd Haters included to look at this video and tell me that; 1. Ortiz was distracted by the ref? 2. was looking at the ref when he got punched (his head was turned by that hook he got caight with)? 3. That Floyd wasn't in a fighting stance the whole time?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Why does Ortiz and the media keep lying? Ortiz keeps saying "the ref said break or something like that and I turned and looked at the ref and boom he hit me". What happened was he wanted to kiss and make up again and after the second hug a thon while he was looking eye to eye with FM he got dropped with his hands down. The time had already started and the ref was simply trying to make sure the bell hadn't rung yet since there was only 15 seconds left when he stopped the time to take a point away from Ortiz for the head butt.

I would like for anyone out there, Floyd Haters included to look at this video and tell me that; 1. Ortiz was distracted by the ref? 2. was looking at the ref when he got punched (his head was turned by that hook he got caight with)? 3. That Floyd wasn't in a fighting stance the whole time?

IMO, it's a b***h move on Floyd and a stupid move on Ortiz. Floyd was pissed (then again, who wouldn't be?) and he took advantage of the moment and sucker punched Ortiz. That is my opinion. Quick hug then BAM! Ortiz wasn't distracted by the ref, but after that hook, he stared at the ref wondering WTF he was gonna do about a strike that was landed while the ref wasn't even ready or looking. You said it yourself that the ref was checking with the time judge to see how many seconds were left. Floyd, who was clearly winning the fight, let his emotions get the best of him. When Cortez was deducting the point, Floyd wanted to get back in there already. He could have dominated Ortiz without having to throw those punches. At least give the fans their moneys worth. Instead, we get a blatant headbutt, a hug hug kiss kiss moment, and a sucker punch.
protect yourself at all times. Ortiz got what he deserved for that head butt.
If Floyd DIDN'T knock out Ortiz and Ortiz just kept looking at the ref for a point deduction for getting hit after the hug, .......

what then?

Ortiz would've looked retahdid.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If Floyd DIDN'T knock out Ortiz and Ortiz just kept looking at the ref for a point deduction for getting hit after the hug, .......

what then?

He already looked stupid for that headbutt
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

what then?

He already looked stupid for that headbutt

he already looks stupid for speaking.
tell me this wasn't more exciting than 12 rounds of sparring? I'm glad it went down how it did.

exactly. look at floyd, before that b***h tried to hug him he was ready to knock him out, he was in fighting stance the whole time. ortiz already hugged and kissed him by the ropes where the headbutt happened and he tried to do it again. i woulda done the same s**t. that guy headbutted floyd right in the face and couldve possibly broken his nose. id be pissed too. who wants to hug someone after that s**t? hollyfield didnt hug tyson after he bit his f**kin ear off. 42-0. bring on the pac man
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

exactly. look at floyd, before that b***h tried to hug him he was ready to knock him out, he was in fighting stance the whole time. ortiz already hugged and kissed him by the ropes where the headbutt happened and he tried to do it again. i woulda done the same s**t. that guy headbutted floyd right in the face and couldve possibly broken his nose. id be pissed too. who wants to hug someone after that s**t? hollyfield didnt hug tyson after he bit his f**kin ear off. 42-0. bring on the pac man

We aren't saying what Floyd did was wrong it was just a b***h move. You can clearly tell Ortiz isn't ready for action to resume. Floyd can clearly see that yet he takes him out anyways. Well within his right to do so. Ortiz should have been paying attention. But as everyone points out, just cause you can take advantage of a momentary lack of concentration doesn't mean you have to do it. Whether Floyd likes it or not, people paid good money for him to make 30+ million for this fight. He owes it to them to not take that opportunity. Ya, he was mad. Ortiz took a cheap shot at him. Big deal. That shoulder roll Floyd always uses it borderline cheap as well. When they get in close he is constantly throwing that thing into peoples faces.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

We aren't saying what Floyd did was wrong it was just a b***h move. You can clearly tell Ortiz isn't ready for action to resume. Floyd can clearly see that yet he takes him out anyways. Well within his right to do so. Ortiz should have been paying attention. But as everyone points out, just cause you can take advantage of a momentary lack of concentration doesn't mean you have to do it. Whether Floyd likes it or not, people paid good money for him to make 30+ million for this fight. He owes it to them to not take that opportunity. Ya, he was mad. Ortiz took a cheap shot at him. Big deal. That shoulder roll Floyd always uses it borderline cheap as well. When they get in close he is constantly throwing that thing into peoples faces.

This is true.
Floyd uses alot of elbows, shoulders and headrubs.

Legal cheap shot.

30 mill made easy.

maybe even another 30 in the rematch
Originally posted by SportsFan:

i dunno man if you got a shot to finish off someone, you take it. id rather see a 4th round knockout than a 12 round sparring match like the pacquiao-mosley fight. gotta have that killer instinct in boxing, when you can finish a guy you better finish him. i wouldnt call it a b***h move, id call it a savvy veteran vs a scrub who had no business being in the same ring. and at that point i think it was frustration, ortiz headbutted him more than once in that fight and that last one was right in his face, im sure he was pissed off.
lol

Now imagine if he ko'ed Pac like that lol

So rad.