LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Shaq retires

He was exremely dominant. But for a shorter time frame. He got old and clunky and slow later on.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

I am the first pick of the NBA draft and you will never find me boring
Not a Christian Laettner, not an Alonzo Mourning

lol

Everything about that video and song is 1992.
Beast
^that song is so dope

Ah, at last, I've waited for this day long and hard my friend. I am glad it has finally come. Shaquille, you're as amazing as one can be without having any real personal relationship with me. My best moments as a fan of basketball have come while watching you. You will always be my favorite athlete of all time in any sport as well as the GOAT. I hope you continue doing what you love now that you've stepped away from basketball, eating/policing/entertaining.

P.S. I sincerely hope to see your jersey in the rafters of Staples one day
Originally posted by GameOver:

It would be totally ridiculous if it wasn't. Even with all the s**t-slinging over the past few years.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

It would be totally ridiculous if it wasn't. Even with all the s**t-slinging over the past few years.

Agreed, but you really never do know for certain if Buss and him would put the past behind them and just celebrate all they accomplished together. I'll seriously kill a kitten if I see his jersey hung in Miami or Orlando instead...ESPECIALLY in Miami, and that's for reasons not related to their current success, it would just be ludicrous compared to his accolades and relationships with the city of Orlando and Los Angeles...
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Agreed, but you really never do know for certain if Buss and him would put the past behind them and just celebrate all they accomplished together. I'll seriously kill a kitten if I see his jersey hung in Miami or Orlando instead...ESPECIALLY in Miami, and that's for reasons not related to their current success, it would just be ludicrous compared to his accolades and relationships with the city of Orlando and Los Angeles...

Shaq's jersey will be hung in Orlando.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

I am the first pick of the NBA draft and you will never find me boring
Not a Christian Laettner, not an Alonzo Mourning

lol

Everything about that video and song is 1992.

Capped off with CONDOM flying across the screen
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I would think he's more important in Miami right now. He was a cog in their 1st championship, in LA he's just another in a long line of big men who left their original teams to win there.
I barely remember seeing him play the Rockets his rookie year. I had just started going to NBA games cuz my gf had season tix. I remember thinking how huge the players were as a whole. Then he came along and I was like Jesus.
I'll always have great memories of him, mainly of Dream schooling him (although Shaq got his too) in the finals in the perfect match of power vs grace, maybe ever. I always wanted to see that Taco Bell one on one battle that never happened.
If he had worked as hard as Hakeem on his game he would have been the best ever.

Originally posted by jrg:

Debatable

Debatable

His number will be retired in both LA and Orlando

Debatable

Shaq should stick it to the Lakers and let Boston take over this s**t and retire his Jersey.
One of the filthiest triple doubles of all time.

24 points
28 rebounds
15 blocked shots

forgot about that
I'm 28 years old and I remember being in 5th grade when Shaq was a rookie... Thanks for all the memories. Long and storied career. Still can't believe the C's record with Shaq this last year... I think it was 21-4 or something like that.

See you on TV soon.
Share 49ersWebzone