There are 259 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

i like the way lebron keeps it real out his mouth and bosch. wade is like the obama of the group.
Originally posted by jrg:
Tomorrow is Lebron James Day, everybody gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

@Stewie Griffy: Apple's releasing a special edition WADE LEBRON iPhone. Unfortunately will only vibrate b/c it won't have a RING!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

@Stewie Griffy: Apple's releasing a special edition WADE LEBRON iPhone. Unfortunately will only vibrate b/c it won't have a RING!

Doesn't make sense
Originally posted by jimrat201:
[img=]

lmao that's wrong..
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by andes14:
I really think Spoelstra deserves a ton of blame for inexpicably replacing James Jones in the rotation with Mike Miller in the middle of the playoffs when they were absolutely rolling, as well as waiting far too long to bench Bibby.

A ton of blame for benching...James Jones? After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

The lack of James Jones' James Jonesiness was a difference in this series? Really?

Hahah, not saying that that for sure cost them winning the NBA Finals or anything like that...but it definitely could have. He was shooting way better than Miller and that's what they needed from that role. Who knows, maybe in game 2 down the stretch he hits a big 3 so they wind up holding on. Then they're up 2-0...they did win the 3rd game also...who knows? But I don't know the reasoning behind the move. Not sure what Spoelstra's explanation was.

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 12, 2011 at 23:00:53 ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Doesn't make sense

i was thinking the same.. just saw it on twitter.. ::shrugs::
I really think Spoelstra deserves a ton of blame for inexpicably replacing James Jones in the rotation with Mike Miller in the middle of the playoffs when they were absolutely rolling, as well as waiting far too long to bench Bibby.

A ton of blame for benching...James Jones? After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

The lack of James Jones' James Jonesiness was a difference in this series? Really?

Hahah, not saying that that for sure cost them winning the NBA Finals or anything like that...but it definitely could have. He was shooting way better than Miller and that's what they needed from that role. Who knows, maybe in game 2 down the stretch he hits a big 3 so they wind up holding on. Then they're up 2-0...they did win the 3rd game also...who knows? But I don't know the reasoning behind the move. Not sure what Spoelstra's explanation was.

Miller hit 39% from 3 in this series. What exactly did you expect Jones to do?

Ya, maybe he gets hot from 3, or maybe Miami suffers greatly on the boards the way that they did against Chicago when Jones was in the game...which is why he was benched in the first place. James Jones would not have made a difference in this series.

LeBron James...the supposed best player in the league...played WELL below his abilities, and Miami lost as a result. It's as simple as that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Lol

Ya, maybe he gets hot from 3, or maybe Miami suffers greatly on the boards the way that they did against Chicago when Jones was in the game...which is why he was benched in the first place. James Jones would not have made a difference in this series.

LeBron James...the supposed best player in the league...played WELL below his abilities, and Miami lost as a result. It's as simple as that.

Who's better? Jordan or Kobe?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Why mess with your chemistry and try to fix what's not broken? Unless you consider not stealing game 1 on the road broken. They had just beaten, in 5 games, a team that had won 38 playoff games over the previous 3 seasons (possibly could have been 47 with healthy Garnett in '09). He shot 8-17 from downtown in that series, as well as the Philly series, also over in 5. So why replace him with a guy that had the thumb sitch and was 1-8 from distance over the first 2 series' (playing only 36 minutes combined over the course of both series')?

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 12, 2011 at 23:20:53 ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

LOL for real though, I dont think I've ever read your honest opinion on that simply because you're constantly having to defend Kobe and trying to stifle the Jordan worship.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[img=]
Originally posted by jimrat201:
[img=]

Mavs celebrating in Miami
Share 49ersWebzone