There are 176 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM ]
Heat, they won't choke this 3-1 lead away

gonna be a hell of a Finals
I can't think of a player that's redefined himself as much as Dirk has this year in the playoffs. He's just been incredible and I've gained a lot of respect for him.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I can't think of a player that's redefined himself as much as Dirk has this year in the playoffs. He's just been incredible and I've gained a lot of respect for him.

ditto

went from thinking he was a total p***y to having mad respect for the dude, one of the baddest in the game and certainly fulfilling his potential and being the best he could ever be, which is pretty damn good
Who is gonna cover Dirk, bc Bosh will get raped?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Lebron?

off the top of my head he's the one that would make the most sense
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Heat, they won't choke this 3-1 lead away

gonna be a hell of a Finals

and haslems only 6'8 or 6'9, same with lebron, the problem with dirk is he doesnt try to beat u to the rim very often, just wants to get 2 his spot and shoot and his high release is like kevin garnett's or rasheed wallace's, virtually zero chance to block it at their height
Heat vs. Mavs rematch.
The 99-2000 Los Angeles Lakers

Oh, NBA Finals? The 95-96 Chicago Bulls then
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on May 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM ]

Originally posted by crabman82:

and haslems only 6'8 or 6'9, same with lebron, the problem with dirk is he doesnt try to beat u to the rim very often, just wants to get 2 his spot and shoot and his high release is like kevin garnett's or rasheed wallace's, virtually zero chance to block it at their height

Ya, I actually think having LeBron on him would be kind of a waste of LeBron's defensive ability. At Dirk's height, not only is no one gonna block it, no one's gonna even bother it.

IMO, they should leave Bosh on him and keep LeBron switching and rotating on the perimeter.
This is going to be a good one. I think the mavs will win this time because while the heat have two of the best players in the NBA, they will get tired at some point, so that means their horrid bench will have to come out. The mavs have the best bench in the NBA and if our defense can play against the heat like they have played everyone else, we can win, but no other team has had the offensive firepower of lebron and Dwade that we have played
[ Edited by LBCniner on May 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM ]
shawn marion is the big x factor for me in this series, they need him to score a little bit and they certainly need his perimeter D....man imagine if caron butler was playing, that would really help dallas out
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

This. I love OKC, but part of me was wanting Dirk to hit that 3. What a f**kin' player
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Ya, I actually think having LeBron on him would be kind of a waste of LeBron's defensive ability. At Dirk's height, not only is no one gonna block it, no one's gonna even bother it.

IMO, they should leave Bosh on him and keep LeBron switching and rotating on the perimeter.

If Heat does make it to the finals - they are likely to have Bosh guard him with either Lebron or Wade come in to help. They will make Dirk pass the ball, and hope to recover to their man. I mean, that's what they have been doing with Rose, I don't see them doing anythin' different.
Share 49ersWebzone