NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by andes14:
I really think Spoelstra deserves a ton of blame for inexpicably replacing James Jones in the rotation with Mike Miller in the middle of the playoffs when they were absolutely rolling, as well as waiting far too long to bench Bibby.

A ton of blame for benching...James Jones? After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

The lack of James Jones' James Jonesiness was a difference in this series? Really?

Hahah, not saying that that for sure cost them winning the NBA Finals or anything like that...but it definitely could have. He was shooting way better than Miller and that's what they needed from that role. Who knows, maybe in game 2 down the stretch he hits a big 3 so they wind up holding on. Then they're up 2-0...they did win the 3rd game also...who knows? But I don't know the reasoning behind the move. Not sure what Spoelstra's explanation was.

Miller hit 39% from 3 in this series. What exactly did you expect Jones to do?

Ya, maybe he gets hot from 3, or maybe Miami suffers greatly on the boards the way that they did against Chicago when Jones was in the game...which is why he was benched in the first place. James Jones would not have made a difference in this series.

LeBron James...the supposed best player in the league...played WELL below his abilities, and Miami lost as a result. It's as simple as that.

Who's better? Jordan or Kobe?

LOL for real though, I dont think I've ever read your honest opinion on that simply because you're constantly having to defend Kobe and trying to stifle the Jordan worship.

LMAO, so true. I think Jordan was the better player, largely because I think he was a better decision maker than Kobe is.

I don't wanna give the long version of my opinion because it doesn't belong in this thread, but I do think Jordan was better.
I really think Spoelstra deserves a ton of blame for inexpicably replacing James Jones in the rotation with Mike Miller in the middle of the playoffs when they were absolutely rolling, as well as waiting far too long to bench Bibby.

A ton of blame for benching...James Jones? After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

The lack of James Jones' James Jonesiness was a difference in this series? Really?

Hahah, not saying that that for sure cost them winning the NBA Finals or anything like that...but it definitely could have. He was shooting way better than Miller and that's what they needed from that role. Who knows, maybe in game 2 down the stretch he hits a big 3 so they wind up holding on. Then they're up 2-0...they did win the 3rd game also...who knows? But I don't know the reasoning behind the move. Not sure what Spoelstra's explanation was.

Miller hit 39% from 3 in this series. What exactly did you expect Jones to do?

Ya, maybe he gets hot from 3, or maybe Miami suffers greatly on the boards the way that they did against Chicago when Jones was in the game...which is why he was benched in the first place. James Jones would not have made a difference in this series.

LeBron James...the supposed best player in the league...played WELL below his abilities, and Miami lost as a result. It's as simple as that.

Who's better? Jordan or Kobe?

LOL for real though, I dont think I've ever read your honest opinion on that simply because you're constantly having to defend Kobe and trying to stifle the Jordan worship.

LMAO, so true. I think Jordan was the better player, largely because I think he was a better decision maker than Kobe is.

I don't wanna give the long version of my opinion because it doesn't belong in this thread, but I do think Jordan was better.

I wish I was old enough to see how Jordan entered his rookie year and the effect he had on the league in his first year
Was it just like LeBron's or what?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by jrg:
Tomorrow is Lebron James Day, everybody gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

Lol

We should make a quote Hall of Fame for stuff like this.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I wish I was old enough to see how Jordan entered his rookie year and the effect he had on the league in his first year
Was it just like LeBron's or what?

Well, I was 5 years old when MJ entered the league, so my opinion about the effect he had when he entered the league is mostly just second hand. I can comment more about the actual games, because my dad worked for the TV station that carried the Lakers in the early to mid-80's, and he would record every game for me. I used to watch those old VHS and Beta tapes during the summer when I got older and was on summer vacation. I don't think my parents have them anymore though.

Anyway, the Bird/Magic rivalry was in full effect when Jordan came into the league, so (from my understanding), that's what really dominated NBA conversation. I know that for the first few years, MJ was considered to be a great scorer, but wouldn't be able to lead a team to a title because he was too much of a ball hog. (not saying it was right...that was just the rap on him)

Remember, MJ was the #3 pick in the draft. People saw him as a very talented player and he put up great numbers on a bad Bulls team, but LeBron's hype coming into the league was off the charts. He was in 8th grade the first time I heard about him. People were saying he was an NBA caliber player by the time he was 15-16 years old...and they were right. When he came into the draft, he was considered to be far and away the best player in a very good draft, and a franchise changing talent. MJ wasn't perceived that way.

Also...totally different media era too. Hard to compare.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
O

Lol

Can I get my first post of the day?
O

Lol

is it only official when it makes it to the thread? i've gotten a couple of POTD's that never made it in so I had a sads

[ Edited by YungAce on Jun 13, 2011 at 00:02:55 ]
O

Lol

lol you didn't come up with that, ive seen it all over twitter!
GTFO with this plagiarism s**t
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
O

Lol

lol you didn't come up with that, ive seen it all over twitter!
GTFO with this plagiarism s**t
From an old article written after the Finals in '06 after Dallas lost to Miami in 6:

"He's (Nowitzki) the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

- D Wade

"Nowitzki said he wasn't going to get in a back-and-forth trash-talking exchange with Wade. Nowitzki acknowledged that Wade's comments would serve as motivation. "

I guess that worked out pretty well in the end.

Is it just me, or has LeBron aged A LOT this year? Kinda like how Presidents rapidly age when they're in office. Look at this pic from the beginning of the year. He looks a good 3-4 years younger here.

Against Chicago...

6 Days Ago...

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 13, 2011 at 00:09:53 ]
Is it just me, or has LeBron aged A LOT this year? Kinda like how Presidents rapidly age when they're in office. Look at this pic from the beginning of the year. He looks a good 3-4 years younger here.

Against Chicago...

6 Days Ago...

HGH says what?
I think its cause the first 2 are photoshoot pictures and he probably has make up and s**t on. The other 2 are during the game and a post game conference.
What a joke. Lebron didn't even show up to play the damn games. If he plays his game and finished they honestly have a chance to win the series. He cost his team the championship. Zero heart or confidence. He plays like a scared little girl when it's all on the line. I thought he was over that with the Celtics and Bulls series. He choked hard in the finals. I question him a lot after this. I'm not sure of his value anymore. Regular season tiger. Post season puppy dog.

Yeah spolestra is gonna get blame but in reality the Heat are definitely a year ahead of the curve. The Heat got beat by a better "team" that was very well coached.

I think Spolestra will go back and review the whole series and learn a lot for next year. You can't fire him for Lebron under achieving 3-4 games in a finals series. You can't even blame Wade for choking up either bc his turnovers wouldn't have been so crucial had Lebron been Lebron.

One thing that did look bad for Spolestra was how confused the Heat looked at times on offense. I see a lot of teams copying the Mavs defensive schemes next year against the Heat and will realize spolestra wasn't bad, but the Mavs coaching was just great.
Share 49ersWebzone