Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Neither of them "deserve" a ring. They couldn't even make it to the finals with the Kings, and especially Peja who continuous got overwhelmed in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Lebron and Dirk deserve the ring - since they have been two best players in the playoffs so far, and had multiple memorable performances in the last month or so.

Believe it or not there are more than 1 player on each team and fans from around the NBA are rooting for certain players because of what they did with other teams and they actually like them. It doesnt matter that they werent HOF calibre players, people are actually fans of players because of loyalty for what they did for their team.

Did you even watch the 2002 WCF???

Are you talkin' about rooting for certain players or a player deserving a ring? Two different things. Bibby deserving a ring is a joke, just as much as Peja deserving a ring. Both should be thankful and count themselves extremely lucky to have an opportunity to play in the Finals.

...and no, I didn't watch 2002 WCFs. Why? What happened?

Ohhh...

The hell is your problem, seriously?

btw: Not sure why Peja would not deserve a ring if he wins one on the Mavs. He has helped them quite a bit at times in the playoffs this year, with big games vs LA and Portland. If youre saying that nobody deserves a ring unless they're the star player, I guess Steve Kerr and Paxson never deserved any rings. Guess Bruce Bowen didnt deserve any rings. Guess Vinny the Microwave Johnson didnt deserve a ring. Your point is friggin stupid, every player on the team who contributes deserves to win a ring and IMO I would like to see Peja win a ring and he deserves to. The guy was one of the best scorer's in the NBA before he hurt his back, came back from back surgery, helped NO make somewhat of a playoff run, and now he's on a team that's actually good and contributes when he can. Not to mention he is a good and humble player. I am not sure what is not honorable about that.

Of course my point is friggin stupid, because it's not my point. You're making stuff up and calling it my point.

Peja and Bibby don't deserve a ring because of their play in Sacramento. There are certain players who have never won a ring - but they deserve one. Like Stockton, Malone, Barkely, etc. - but Peja or Bibby don't deserve one till they actually win it. It's not that hard to understand. They were good players with the Kings, but that's about it. It's like saying, Tracy McGrady deserves a ring. No, he doesn't - even though he is a much better player than Bibby and Peja ever were, he failed time and again in the playoffs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
double
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 30, 2011 at 1:09 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

...oh I'm not on Miami's bandwagon. I'm on Lebron James bandwagon, have been for years now. D-Wade has been my second favorite player in the league for years now...followed him since his Marquette days.

Go heat and LBJ on his way.

Can't wait for the series to start...it should be a great one. Btw...great call on the Miami-Chicago series. I never imagined in my life that Miami will 4 in a row.

This series will/should be closer and I hope so as well. I want to see a damn good series...hopefully quite a few close games and series going the distance.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Mavs are the better team but I dont know if the NBA (Stern) will let Cuban win a NBA title. They were so royally screwed over by the refs in the 2006 finals. That was most lopsided officiating I have ever seen. Wade averaged like 24 foul shots a game, you could not even not breath on him without picking a foul.

If this serious is called fairly I think Dallas will win, if not then remember 2006.

Its no coincidence that Cuban has been very quiet this playoffs.
Haha...a Kings fan asked if I watched 2002 WCF. I googled it, and that's what came up.

...oh I'm not on Miami's bandwagon. I'm on Lebron James bandwagon, have been for years now. D-Wade has been my second favorite player in the league for years now...followed him since his Marquette days.

From "The Official Miami Heat Bandwagon Thread."

I'm on the bandwagon! Go HEAT

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Haha...a Kings fan asked if I watched 2002 WCF. I googled it, and that's what came up.

owned

Can't wait for the series to start...it should be a great one. Btw...great call on the Miami-Chicago series. I never imagined in my life that Miami will 4 in a row.

This series will/should be closer and I hope so as well. I want to see a damn good series...hopefully quite a few close games and series going the distance.

It would be easy to make a prediction of 6 games but this series is tough to figure out because of all the unique matchups. One thing though, when has the home team lost an NBA Finals? I think it's up to the Heat in deciding where they want Dallas to get their points. Do they want to give Dirk 30+ per game and lock down the shooters or do they want to try double Dirk on first dribble and try to close in on the shooters.

I think MIA can give the Dallas shooters a very difficult time and it will be MIA in 5.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Just posted a preview of the finals on my blog. Check it out and let me know what you think

http://kalensportslife.blogspot.com/
  • Brew
  • Veteran
go mavs!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Thanks for the bad memory 49ers my life. I am a long time Laker hater and seeing the ball roll to Horry again and him hitting the 3 brought back nightmares.

will say it again, if caron butler wasnt hurt, dallas would have a real good shot, but without him miami is too athletic on the perimeter and thats not even bringing up all the ref calls they will get
Originally posted by sacniner:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Neither of them "deserve" a ring. They couldn't even make it to the finals with the Kings, and especially Peja who continuous got overwhelmed in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Lebron and Dirk deserve the ring - since they have been two best players in the playoffs so far, and had multiple memorable performances in the last month or so.

Believe it or not there are more than 1 player on each team and fans from around the NBA are rooting for certain players because of what they did with other teams and they actually like them. It doesnt matter that they werent HOF calibre players, people are actually fans of players because of loyalty for what they did for their team.

Are you talkin' about rooting for certain players or a player deserving a ring? Two different things. Bibby deserving a ring is a joke, just as much as Peja deserving a ring. Both should be thankful and count themselves extremely lucky to have an opportunity to play in the Finals.

Ohhh...

Ouch that's mean.... We should hop on that MIA banwagon like you

What team do you like then? Whatever team LBJ goes on... umm, sounds like a bandwagon fan . Don't trip, MIA has a bunch of those. Sorry man, but I gotta be honest, that youtube post did piss me off. I like one team and don't switch up my teams. That game hurt A LOT.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:

If I'm on Lebron's bandwagon, I guess technically I'm on the bandwagon of any and every team he plays for - except Lakers. So yea, in that sense - I'm on Miami's bandwagon. But, if Lebron leaves Miami tomorrow, I won't be cheerin' much for Miami.

Hope that makes sense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

What team do you like then? Whatever team LBJ goes on... umm, sounds like a bandwagon fan . Don't trip, MIA has a bunch of those. Sorry man, but I gotta be honest, that youtube post did piss me off. I like one team and don't switch up my teams. That game hurt A LOT.

My team is the Warriors and I always root for them. My favorite player is Lebron James and I always root for him. I'm not one of those who get offended by bandwagon fan tag...but in this case - it makes no sense. I root for a player, you root for a team...regardless of what. I've been a fan of his since his first game in the NBA. But hey, if you want to call me a bandwagon fan, that's fine by me. I don't personally care.

Btw...I've a long history of doing it this way. I was a huge Reggie Miller fan and rooted for Pacers till he was there. I'm a huge Messi fan, and though I was a Barcelona fan before he was there, but now I'm a HUGE HUGE FC Barcelona fan. I started watching baseball in mid-90s, only because of Barry Bonds...TO was one of my favorite players, and though I didn't root for the Cowboys, I did root for him to do well, and his other teams.

As far as 2002 WCF goes, I was rooting for the Kings in that series...but when someone questions if you even watched the series, I felt that was the fitting reply.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 30, 2011 at 5:06 PM ]
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

My team is the Warriors and I always root for them. My favorite player is Lebron James and I always root for him. I'm not one of those who get offended by bandwagon fan tag...but in this case - it makes no sense. I root for a player, you root for a team...regardless of what. I've been a fan of his since his first game in the NBA. But hey, if you want to call me a bandwagon fan, that's fine by me. I don't personally care.

Btw...I've a long history of doing it this way. I was a huge Reggie Miller fan and rooted for Pacers till he was there. I'm a huge Messi fan, and though I was a Barcelona fan before he was there, but now I'm a HUGE HUGE FC Barcelona fan. I started watching baseball in mid-90s, only because of Barry Bonds...TO was one of my favorite players, and though I didn't root for the Cowboys, I did root for him to do well, and his other teams.

As far as 2002 WCF goes, I was rooting for the Kings in that series...but when someone questions if you even watched the series, I felt that was the fitting reply.

It was an honest question, not sure why that is a fitting reply unless you are trying to be a jerk.
Share 49ersWebzone