LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

Originally posted by FL9er:
Here's some of the pics yall were talking about.

Girl in the blue top with Dirk is his girlfriend. LOL @ Dirk & that *** Weezy.

http://worldredeye.com/2011/06/mavericks-take-over-liv/

That was pretty racist, Val.

that chick looks familiar, has she been on TV?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Lol I guess lebron was serious when he said Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 or 7

Lol, give it time. I still guarantee you they win at least 3-4 rings, unless D12, CP3, Durant, and Dirk all decide to play together or something like that hahah. Wade and LBJ are still great, they do have some serious holes on their team though that they should fill over time.

You have a team with two players that control the ball the vast majority of the time, and the other guys stand around waiting for the catch-and-shoot scraps...and the offense isn't all that effective? Imagine that.

The team that won the NBA title this year had DeShawn Stevenson, JJ Barea, Ian Mahinmi, & Brian Cardinal getting rotational minutes...but MIAMI's roster has holes? It's not like LeBron balled his ass off and the team around him came up short.

That was a below average offense during the playoffs, and their offense will always be exactly that as long as they dribble and chew up clock the way that they do. The difference in ball movement in this series was STAGGERING, and the way that LeBron & Wade play are the main reasons why.

They're gonna win a couple of titles, but it's going to be because of their team defense.

Yes, even though Miami had greater individual talent, Dallas had far fewer holes. They had the superstar leader (Dirk), vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd), perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree), low post D (Chandler), the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea), electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc. The Heat lacked most of those dimensions.

Dallas only had one NBA all-star.

And for all intents and purposes Miami had 2. Yes, I know Bosh is technically an all-star and someone like Tyson Chandler is not. But does anyone here not think Miami would be way better if they had Chandler instead of Bosh?

I can't imagine how atrocious Miami's offense would be if Tyson Chandler was there instead of Chris Bosh. All of the iso's that Bosh scores on in the high post? Gone. All of the pick and pop? Not a chance.

You think teams packed the paint on Miami NOW?

Chris Bosh is a better player than Tyson Chandler. Chandler's a decent rebounder and a weak shot blocker/changer.

Chris Bosh is at his most effective as the best player on a poor team like he was in Toronto. For a team like Miami, adding the 2nd best defensive player in the interior to go along with Haslem woiuld be better than Bosh + Anthony.
Originally posted by valrod33:

She's been in your house
I've never understood why people consider Tyson Chandler to be a shotblocker.

He's not a shot blocker but he does disrupt a lot of shots. MIA would lose any scoring Bosh gives them on offense but their defense would be better overall. That perimeter defense with Chandler in the middle along with this mobility to help would be near shut down. Chandler would also help with a lot of clean up when Wade and Lebron drive and/or a throw down from an alley oop. Bosh just isn't as aggressive following up towards the basket and would rather step back. Chandler's athleticism would also allow them to play two bigs, say, Chandler, Z (outside shot) with Haslem, Wade, and James or replace Haslem with a 3-point shooting 3 spot.

They don't need 3 scorers and this is what gets MIA offense in trouble. All they need is rebounding, two scorers and one sharp-shooter.

It is always easier to get a spot up shooter and replace Bosh than it is to get athleticism and length on the defensive end in the key.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Great win for Mavs and congratulations to their fans. Disappointed in James and Wade.

I didn't had to watch most of the series as I was away from home. Only 1st two games, and that's about it. I'm glad I didn't get to watch it.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 13, 2011 at 14:45:40 ]
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2011/06/gov-kasich-declaration-naming-dallas-mavericks-honorary-ohioans.php?page=1

LMAO are you serious

This NBA finals was the best for me in YEARS! Very happy for Dirk and Kidd and very happy that the "Big 3" didn't win it in year one. It came down to the fact that Dallas had more guys playing well and the fact that they simply had much better depth. The better team won.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This NBA finals was the best for me in YEARS! Very happy for Dirk and Kidd and very happy that the "Big 3" didn't win it in year one. It came down to the fact that Dallas had more guys playing well and the fact that they simply had much better depth. The better team won.

thats an understatement to say the least, didnt even have caron butler or even haywood for over half the series
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
I forgot about Juwan Howard..

Damn. Poor Juwan
Originally posted by jrg:

Damn. Poor Juwan

thats not quite the right word to describe him.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Great win for Mavs and congratulations to their fans. Disappointed in James and Wade.

I didn't had to watch most of the series as I was away from home. Only 1st two games, and that's about it. I'm glad I didn't get to watch it.

The only game that Wade wasn't great in was the last one. He doesn't deserve to be lumped in with LeBron on this.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by jrg:

Damn. Poor Juwan

thats not quite the right word to describe him.

Fair enough.

Still, he's played FOREVER and finally had a legit shot.

The only game that Wade wasn't great in was the last one. He doesn't deserve to be lumped in with LeBron on this.

you're correct sir, plus he had that injury i know he wont use it as an excuse but u have to think if affected him a little bit

After making fun of Sick dirk, he deserves all the hate that comes from anything him and lebron do.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by valrod33:

She's been in your house

Brian Cardinal's girl is hotter than Dirk's
Share 49ersWebzone