There are 246 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I'm so happy for J Kidd

I'm happy for Kidd and Marion... even Dirk too. Dude played his ass off all playoffs long.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I'm so happy for J Kidd

me too, bad luck back to back years meeting shaq/kobe and then duncan and his crew, got it done this time though
Originally posted by SLICK:

lol does this pic have to be posted in ever page?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I heard AT&T is going to be releasing a new "LeBron James" phone.

Vibrate only.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by andes14:
Lol I guess lebron was serious when he said Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 or 7

Lol, give it time. I still guarantee you they win at least 3-4 rings, unless D12, CP3, Durant, and Dirk all decide to play together or something like that hahah. Wade and LBJ are still great, they do have some serious holes on their team though that they should fill over time.

You have a team with two players that control the ball the vast majority of the time, and the other guys stand around waiting for the catch-and-shoot scraps...and the offense isn't all that effective? Imagine that.

The team that won the NBA title this year had DeShawn Stevenson, JJ Barea, Ian Mahinmi, & Brian Cardinal getting rotational minutes...but MIAMI's roster has holes? It's not like LeBron balled his ass off and the team around him came up short.

That was a below average offense during the playoffs, and their offense will always be exactly that as long as they dribble and chew up clock the way that they do. The difference in ball movement in this series was STAGGERING, and the way that LeBron & Wade play are the main reasons why.

They're gonna win a couple of titles, but it's going to be because of their team defense.

Yes, even though Miami had greater individual talent, Dallas had far fewer holes. They had the superstar leader (Dirk), vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd), perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree), low post D (Chandler), the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea), electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc. The Heat lacked most of those dimensions.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I still believe a motivated and hungry Laker team would have beaten both of these teams.
is anyone else annoyed by Stevenson's s**t talking and gansta wannabe attitude? or is that just me?
Originally posted by susweel:
I still believe a motivated and hungry Laker team would have beaten both of these teams.

Quote:
They had the superstar leader (Dirk)

And Miami was supposed to have two.

Quote:
A vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd)

LeBron & Wade run PG for Miami. It's no different than Kobe running the offense and Derek Fisher standing there and being a catch and shoot guy. Plus, Chalmers had an excellent series, and he's 10 times the defender that Fisher is. Miami's lack of a true PG isn't prohibitive to winning a title at all.

Quote:
perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree),

Miami was lacking perimeter defense?

Quote:
low post D (Chandler),

Low post D? On who? Who on Dallas was operating in the low post? And Joel Anthony & Udonis Haslem aren't good interior defenders?

Quote:
the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea),

Again, you have Wade & LeBron there to break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters.

Quote:
electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc.

That's the only thing that's somewhat valid, and even then, Chalmers was excellent throughout the series.

These are ALL excuses. LeBron's "supporting" cast played pretty well as a whole in this series...it was LeBron that didn't show up.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 13, 2011 at 12:32:15 ]
Lol I guess lebron was serious when he said Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 or 7

Lol, give it time. I still guarantee you they win at least 3-4 rings, unless D12, CP3, Durant, and Dirk all decide to play together or something like that hahah. Wade and LBJ are still great, they do have some serious holes on their team though that they should fill over time.

You have a team with two players that control the ball the vast majority of the time, and the other guys stand around waiting for the catch-and-shoot scraps...and the offense isn't all that effective? Imagine that.

The team that won the NBA title this year had DeShawn Stevenson, JJ Barea, Ian Mahinmi, & Brian Cardinal getting rotational minutes...but MIAMI's roster has holes? It's not like LeBron balled his ass off and the team around him came up short.

That was a below average offense during the playoffs, and their offense will always be exactly that as long as they dribble and chew up clock the way that they do. The difference in ball movement in this series was STAGGERING, and the way that LeBron & Wade play are the main reasons why.

They're gonna win a couple of titles, but it's going to be because of their team defense.

Yes, even though Miami had greater individual talent, Dallas had far fewer holes. They had the superstar leader (Dirk), vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd), perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree), low post D (Chandler), the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea), electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc. The Heat lacked most of those dimensions.

Dallas only had one NBA all-star.

Originally posted by vrabbit:
is anyone else annoyed by Stevenson's s**t talking and gansta wannabe attitude? or is that just me?

its annoying if u dont back it up, but he buried some 3's yesterday plus that shirt hes rocking is awesome....rasheed wallaces gurantees only annoyed me when he didnt follow through but when he did like game 2 of the 2004 ecf it was wicked

[ Edited by crabman82 on Jun 13, 2011 at 12:34:48 ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

its annoying if u dont back it up, but he buried some 3's yesterday plus that shirt hes rocking is awesome....rasheed wallaces gurantees only annoyed me when he didnt follow through but when he did like game 2 of the 2004 ecf it was wicked

it wasn't the guarantees and what not, it's just Stevenson overall, him celebrating ever 3 he makes, him trying as hard as he can to be so relevant when he's no more than a role player, then yesterday when he about got that fight at midcourt started

he's just a f**king punk and I hope he gets knocked out on his ass one of these days, I can't stand the dude
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Quote:
They had the superstar leader (Dirk)

And Miami was supposed to have two.

Quote:
A vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd)

LeBron & Wade run PG for Miami. It's no different than Kobe running the offense and Derek Fisher standing there and being a catch and shoot guy. Plus, Chalmers had an excellent series, and he's 10 times the defender that Fisher is. Miami's lack of a true PG isn't prohibitive to winning a title at all.

Quote:
perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree),

Miami was lacking perimeter defense?

Quote:
low post D (Chandler),

Low post D? On who? Who on Dallas was operating in the low post? And Joel Anthony & Udonis Haslem aren't good interior defenders?

Quote:
the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea),

Again, you have Wade & LeBron there to break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters.

Quote:
electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc.

That's the only thing that's somewhat valid, and even then, Chalmers was excellent throughout the series.

These are ALL excuses. LeBron's "supporting" cast played pretty well as a whole in this series...it was LeBron that didn't show up.

Exactly. Lebron dishing to Juwan Howard of all people says alot about him...
I forgot about Juwan Howard..
Originally posted by susweel:

lol yeah, we saw that in the 1st round
Share 49ersWebzone