LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who'd a thought, Bosh played the most solid of the three during the Finals. Too bad he didn't get more touches. I felt that he had the Dallas defense moving more than anyone.

Wade was easily their best player in that series.

for sure, the way he challenges, contests and block shots from the 2 guard spot in unreal not to mention his rebounding
Quote:
They had the superstar leader (Dirk)

And Miami was supposed to have two.

Quote:
A vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd)

LeBron & Wade run PG for Miami. It's no different than Kobe running the offense and Derek Fisher standing there and being a catch and shoot guy. Plus, Chalmers had an excellent series, and he's 10 times the defender that Fisher is. Miami's lack of a true PG isn't prohibitive to winning a title at all.

Quote:
perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree),

Miami was lacking perimeter defense?

Quote:
low post D (Chandler),

Low post D? On who? Who on Dallas was operating in the low post? And Joel Anthony & Udonis Haslem aren't good interior defenders?

Quote:
the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea),

Again, you have Wade & LeBron there to break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters.

Quote:
electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc.

That's the only thing that's somewhat valid, and even then, Chalmers was excellent throughout the series.

These are ALL excuses. LeBron's "supporting" cast played pretty well as a whole in this series...it was LeBron that didn't show up.

Who on Dallas was operating in the low post you ask? ... Who cares?? There's FAR more to low post D than just one on one guarding an opposing big. It's all about HELP D. Tyson Chandler is arguably the 2nd best defensive big man in the game and you don't slow down LBJ and Wade without great help on the interior. Joel Anthony's garbage. If it weren't for Bibby and Fisher, he'd be arguably the worst starter in the NBA. Haslem is 6'8". A legit vet PG would mean LBJ/Wade wouldn't HAVE to be that guy. That's the point. Sure Miami had great perimeter D. My argument was not that Miami had NO good elements to their team, rather that Dallas had more and was a more complete squad. I also think you overrate Chalmers. He's a decent player but I bet there's easily at least 25-30 PG's that are better:

Rondo
D. Williams
Billups
Holiday
Calderon
Rose
Stuckey
Collison
Hinrich
Nelson
Wall
Curry
Nash
Brooks
Udrih
Kidd
Barea
Lowry
Dragic
Conley
Paul
Parker
Hill
Lawson
Felton
Westbrook
Miller
Harris

There may be more also...don't get me wrong, LBJ definitely did not have his best series. But Dallas is definitely a far more complete team.

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 13, 2011 at 14:00:23 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
thought wayne was there repping the heat

Exactly what i thought

weezy is the biggest bandwagon fan lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Lol I guess lebron was serious when he said Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 or 7

Lol, give it time. I still guarantee you they win at least 3-4 rings, unless D12, CP3, Durant, and Dirk all decide to play together or something like that hahah. Wade and LBJ are still great, they do have some serious holes on their team though that they should fill over time.

You have a team with two players that control the ball the vast majority of the time, and the other guys stand around waiting for the catch-and-shoot scraps...and the offense isn't all that effective? Imagine that.

The team that won the NBA title this year had DeShawn Stevenson, JJ Barea, Ian Mahinmi, & Brian Cardinal getting rotational minutes...but MIAMI's roster has holes? It's not like LeBron balled his ass off and the team around him came up short.

That was a below average offense during the playoffs, and their offense will always be exactly that as long as they dribble and chew up clock the way that they do. The difference in ball movement in this series was STAGGERING, and the way that LeBron & Wade play are the main reasons why.

They're gonna win a couple of titles, but it's going to be because of their team defense.

Yes, even though Miami had greater individual talent, Dallas had far fewer holes. They had the superstar leader (Dirk), vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd), perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree), low post D (Chandler), the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea), electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc. The Heat lacked most of those dimensions.

Dallas only had one NBA all-star.

And for all intents and purposes Miami had 2. Yes, I know Bosh is technically an all-star and someone like Tyson Chandler is not. But does anyone here not think Miami would be way better if they had Chandler instead of Bosh?

Chalmers/Wade/LBJ/Haslem/Chandler>>>Chalmers/Wade/LBJ/Bosh/Anthony

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 13, 2011 at 14:07:43 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who'd a thought, Bosh played the most solid of the three during the Finals. Too bad he didn't get more touches. I felt that he had the Dallas defense moving more than anyone.

Wade was easily their best player in that series.

For sure, Wade was their best player but Bosh was the one who consistently forced the Dallas defense to move around when he posted. He started off slow but shot 47%, 50% and 77% in Games 4, 5, and 6. I think Spo should have called more posts to him once Dallas settled down vs the Wade one-man drives and especially when Wade and James go cold.

Was bad coaching at certain spots and it also doesn't help when one player doesn't want to touch the ball.
Lol I guess lebron was serious when he said Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 or 7

Lol, give it time. I still guarantee you they win at least 3-4 rings, unless D12, CP3, Durant, and Dirk all decide to play together or something like that hahah. Wade and LBJ are still great, they do have some serious holes on their team though that they should fill over time.

You have a team with two players that control the ball the vast majority of the time, and the other guys stand around waiting for the catch-and-shoot scraps...and the offense isn't all that effective? Imagine that.

The team that won the NBA title this year had DeShawn Stevenson, JJ Barea, Ian Mahinmi, & Brian Cardinal getting rotational minutes...but MIAMI's roster has holes? It's not like LeBron balled his ass off and the team around him came up short.

That was a below average offense during the playoffs, and their offense will always be exactly that as long as they dribble and chew up clock the way that they do. The difference in ball movement in this series was STAGGERING, and the way that LeBron & Wade play are the main reasons why.

They're gonna win a couple of titles, but it's going to be because of their team defense.

Yes, even though Miami had greater individual talent, Dallas had far fewer holes. They had the superstar leader (Dirk), vet PG who knew how to run a team (Kidd), perimeter D (Marion, Stevenson, even Kidd to a degree), low post D (Chandler), the penetrating PG who could break guys down off the dribble and set up shooters (Barea), electric scoring off the bench (JET), etc. The Heat lacked most of those dimensions.

And for all intents and purposes Miami had 2. Yes, I know Bosh is technically an all-star and someone like Tyson Chandler is not. But does anyone here not think Miami would be way better if they had Chandler instead of Bosh?

Jason Kidd and Jason Terry are better than most all stars during the last 10 years. The All Star label has very little merit in player abilities.

they'd be much better with him, he'll play d, block shots, rebound, get alley-oops from wade/james and not ever need to run plays for him, even a shawn marion type would help them, a guy who get his stats without having to run plays for him

I can't imagine how atrocious Miami's offense would be if Tyson Chandler was there instead of Chris Bosh. All of the iso's that Bosh scores on in the high post? Gone. All of the pick and pop? Not a chance.

You think teams packed the paint on Miami NOW?

Chris Bosh is a better player than Tyson Chandler. Chandler's a decent rebounder and a weak shot blocker/changer.
I've never understood why people consider Tyson Chandler to be a shotblocker.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bosh is just pretty much a jump shooter. For some reason I thought he had more skills then he does. Also his defense is very average at best.

I've never understood why people consider Tyson Chandler to be a shotblocker.

its because hes black

I can't imagine how atrocious Miami's offense would be if Tyson Chandler was there instead of Chris Bosh. All of the iso's that Bosh scores on in the high post? Gone. All of the pick and pop? Not a chance.

You think teams packed the paint on Miami NOW?

Chris Bosh is a better player than Tyson Chandler. Chandler's a decent rebounder and a weak shot blocker/changer.

bosh can only affect the game in 1 area, thats when his jump shot is on like a couple of those chicago games, chandler has more of an impact in the unnoticed areas of the game, if the heat had him he could play center, start haslem, he'll hit the 15-17 footers bosh would normally get plus you'd be much better on d
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Here's some of the pics yall were talking about.

Girl in the blue top with Dirk is his girlfriend. LOL @ Dirk & that *** Weezy.

http://worldredeye.com/2011/06/mavericks-take-over-liv/

That was pretty racist, Val.
I agree with LA on this one. Miami would not be better with Chandler instead of Bosh. Chandler with Bosh would be pretty goo though and Chandler is a FA

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FL9er:
Here's some of the pics yall were talking about.

Girl in the blue top with Dirk is his girlfriend. LOL @ Dirk & that *** Weezy.

http://worldredeye.com/2011/06/mavericks-take-over-liv/

That was pretty racist, Val.

Damn that must have been one hell of a party.

also Brian Cardinal is such a camera hog.
Share 49ersWebzone