There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011



VAMO ARGENTINA!!!!!

[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 16, 2011 at 21:18:24 ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
You're thinkin of the Copa America VD lol
Originally posted by NickV:
You're thinkin of the Copa America VD lol



[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:40:11 ]
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by NickV:
You're thinkin of the Copa America VD lol


[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:40:27 ]
Not impressed with the effort against Guadeloupe. 1-0? That's it? That's disappointing.

Altidore's goal was INCREDIBLE. Didn't know he had it in him. If he has that kind of shooting skill, it's a wonder why he doesn't attack the net more often.

Maybe biased, but I really liked Wondo in there. Constantly looking for openings in the defense. Quick, effective touches. It's only a matter of time before he finds the back of the net -- if Bradley gives him more starts.

I also liked the effort of Eric Lichaj. Seemed to always be involved and made some nice defensive plays, including blocking that Guadeloupe blast early in the game.

Cherundolo was also strong again. Solid player.

Dempsey had a horrid game. Jermaine Jones...meh.

We'll see what happens.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Not impressed with the effort against Guadeloupe. 1-0? That's it? That's disappointing.

Altidore's goal was INCREDIBLE. Didn't know he had it in him. If he has that kind of shooting skill, it's a wonder why he doesn't attack the net more often.

Maybe biased, but I really liked Wondo in there. Constantly looking for openings in the defense. Quick, effective touches. It's only a matter of time before he finds the back of the net -- if Bradley gives him more starts.

I also liked the effort of Eric Lichaj. Seemed to always be involved and made some nice defensive plays, including blocking that Guadeloupe blast early in the game.

Cherundolo was also strong again. Solid player.

Dempsey had a horrid game. Jermaine Jones...meh.

We'll see what happens.

I like Wondo out there, too. But if he doesn't put the ball in the net, I don't think Bradley will give him a lot of time on the field.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,561
Honestly... if the US puts forth the same effort from all their games into the knockout stages they would be dreaming if they think they can win this tourney. They really need to snap out of it. All of their games have been extremely underwhelming.
Originally posted by NickV:
Honestly... if the US puts forth the same effort from all their games into the knockout stages they would be dreaming if they think they can win this tourney. They really need to snap out of it. All of their games have been extremely underwhelming.

I'm more worried about Jamaica's similar speedy wing-play to Ghana will cause hectic dilemmas to the US defense...

If the US can somehow learn to defend the center (though Bocanegra wasn't too bad, but not good either) they might have a better shot vs Jamaica. Only way I see us winning is if Dempsey starts scoring and Donovan starts making an effort to be a part of the game...there's no way Jozy will learn to play like a big man by sunday and none of our other "scorers" have shown to be able to score under real pressure.
Go Guatemala!!!!

gotta rep the fiancee
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Not impressed with the effort against Guadeloupe. 1-0? That's it? That's disappointing.

Altidore's goal was INCREDIBLE. Didn't know he had it in him. If he has that kind of shooting skill, it's a wonder why he doesn't attack the net more often.

Maybe biased, but I really liked Wondo in there. Constantly looking for openings in the defense. Quick, effective touches. It's only a matter of time before he finds the back of the net -- if Bradley gives him more starts.

I also liked the effort of Eric Lichaj. Seemed to always be involved and made some nice defensive plays, including blocking that Guadeloupe blast early in the game.

Cherundolo was also strong again. Solid player.

Dempsey had a horrid game. Jermaine Jones...meh.

We'll see what happens.

The score wasn't indicative of the US play I don't think. We had so many chances to score and just couldn't finish. Dempsey standing in front of an open net and not putting it in was completely inexcusable. If they finished, the game was a blowout. Hopefully they can get it together, although judging from the past, finishing has always been a problem for this team.
Guats had me concerned. Lots of bad crosses and shots from distance that shouldn't have been taken. In the end Chicharo was money.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Go Guatemala!!!!

gotta rep the fiancee

suckers!
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Go Guatemala!!!!

gotta rep the fiancee

suckers!

lol
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Go Guatemala!!!!

gotta rep the fiancee

suckers!

lol

Poor Guats
is the USA game on TV today?