LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011

Originally posted by YungAce:
gio's half mexican, right? mah nikkuh

His mom is Mexican and he was born in Mexico. His dad is Brazilian but played in Mexico.

This was the big Youtube only 1 year ago
What a game, I'm super excited with the outcome. Howard made a stupid comment, the spanish announcer was speaking in English when he introduced the teams. Think of the positives, the stadium made a lot of money, stimulated the economy a bit.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
No Fair, Dos Santos aint even Mexican!!!!!!!!!!

He is a flat out stud, as we saw in the WC, and in this Tourney.

let's not go there

but MY GOD, you want to talk about bring it your best to the most important game? he was disgustingly good, Hernandez and Barrera had good games at well but nobody could keep up with Dos Santos, he was on another level yesterday and it was SO MUCH FUN to watch

I just wish this same Mexico team played in Copa America, it would be awesome to see if they could take that one too

go where!?!?!?!?! I think you have failed to see my sarcastice irony pointing out he is the only non Mexican, against the US a team and country raised by immigrants....

come on, dont be Mr Morality on a humorous point,

Dos Santos was a Man amongst Boys out there....its disgusting how he made our D look.

let's not go there

but MY GOD, you want to talk about bring it your best to the most important game? he was disgustingly good, Hernandez and Barrera had good games at well but nobody could keep up with Dos Santos, he was on another level yesterday and it was SO MUCH FUN to watch

I just wish this same Mexico team played in Copa America, it would be awesome to see if they could take that one too

go where!?!?!?!?! I think you have failed to see my sarcastice irony pointing out he is the only non Mexican, against the US a team and country raised by immigrants....

Dos Santos was a Man amongst Boys out there....its disgusting how he made our D look.

actually I was trying to prevent that topic to get discussed any further

I know you weren't trying to start s**t

let's not go there

Well gios going to join the 22 and under squad for Copa America so it gives Mexico some well needed firepower. Hopefully they let the 5 separated players join too.

let's not go there

actually I was trying to prevent that topic to get discussed any further

I know you weren't trying to start s**t

Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

let's not go there

Well gios going to join the 22 and under squad for Copa America so it gives Mexico some well needed firepower. Hopefully they let the 5 separated players join too.

that's news to me

http://www.fmfstateofmind.com/2011/5/24/2186713/copa-america-argentina-2011-mexico-releases-squad

the other Dos Santos is on the roster, but not Gio

let's not go there

that's news to me

http://www.fmfstateofmind.com/2011/5/24/2186713/copa-america-argentina-2011-mexico-releases-squad

Probably more important since his family was threatening that he wouldn't play for the national team after being left off the WC roster. Good to see Vela on the team too. Hopefully he can earn a spot back on the 'A' squad. Also interested to see how Torres will do.
Originally posted by Niner3030:

let's not go there

that's news to me

Probably more important since his family was threatening that he wouldn't play for the national team after being left off the WC roster. Good to see Vela on the team too. Hopefully he can earn a spot back on the 'A' squad. Also interested to see how Torres will do.

Last I heard Vela wasn't going anymore. Arsenal didn't give him permission on the basis that Copa America is not a CONCACAF tournament.

let's not go there

that's news to me

Here

let's not go there

that's news to me

Here

that's f**king awesome, definitely improves their team although to be honest I think the weakness of this Mexican squad is their defense. But still, he's an electric player and I'm definitely excited to see him there
  • NickV
  • Veteran
LOL It was too good to be true when the USA went up 2-0. I said to myself the USA will f**k this lead up and sure enough they did.

Mexico were by far the best team and totally deserve this Gold Cup. They are the best team in the CONCACAF region and I look forward to seeing them in the 2013 Confederations Cup.

Even though Im a Portugal supporter first but I was born here in the usa so im a USA supporter as well...I want to see Bob Bradley get his marching orders real quick. His time with the USA NT should've been done after the World Cup.

I'm sick of his stupid tactics, his call-ups, rotating players every single game, playing players out of their position, and many more other s**t.

Is a 21 and 18-year old the best forwards we have in our Country right now? Also once Donovan calls it quits who's going to be our top attacking midfielder? I wouldn't be too surprised if the USA goes back to never qualifying for a World Cup again.
Originally posted by NickV:
LOL It was too good to be true when the USA went up 2-0. I said to myself the USA will f**k this lead up and sure enough they did.

Mexico were by far the best team and totally deserve this Gold Cup. They are the best team in the CONCACAF region and I look forward to seeing them in the 2013 Confederations Cup.

Even though Im a Portugal supporter first but I was born here in the usa so im a USA supporter as well...I want to see Bob Bradley get his marching orders real quick. His time with the USA NT should've been done after the World Cup.

I'm sick of his stupid tactics, his call-ups, rotating players every single game, playing players out of their position, and many more other s**t.

Is a 21 and 18-year old the best forwards we have in our Country right now? Also once Donovan calls it quits who's going to be our top attacking midfielder? I wouldn't be too surprised if the USA goes back to never qualifying for a World Cup again.

you're overrating CONCACAF

is Mexico really separating themselves as the top dog like they always should have been? sure, but as long as there are 3 spots USA should have no problem being in the thick of things every 4 years. They do have some talent
Share 49ersWebzone