Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Typical USA performance.
Fall behind early because of some cheap mistakes. Turn it up a little in the second half. Get one back, then all of a sudden, start really trying with 20 minutes left.
Pissed that my boy Wondo missed that empty net. I was talking him up all game.
Yeah, that game was disappointing. The pass to Wondo came in high and hot, but he's gotta put that away. Bradley had a late shot that he shoulda put on net. The first half was miserable though. Typical.
Wasn't even typical US, it was a PATHETIC attempt to just stroll through a team they always thought they could beat...a team they SHOULD"VE BLOWN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As much as Wondo did blow that scoring opportunity, so many other players need to be brought up before that:
- Ream clearly showed his inexperience and ineptitude to play centerback and should be kicked off for his blatant lack of effort and skill. Not only was he getting beat consistently, he never adapted during the game and put Timmy under constant pressure.
- Donovan lacked ANY wing presence and constantly kept running inside where the Panama D had clearly set up! We started getting better shots and attempts when we ::GASP:: CROSSED THE BALL FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING LOGIC FOR WHEN A DEFENSE IS CLOGGING THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!
- Altidore (my favorite player
) once again reverted back to his WC antics and faded into the background b/c he had one-on-one defense all night. Not double team, not even bump and switch, but MOTHER****ING ONE ON ONE! WHEN YOU'RE OVER SIX FEET TALL AND OVER 220lbs YOU SHOULD NOT GET OVER POWERED AND BEAT LIKE A RED-HEADED STEP CHILD FOR 89 MINUTES!!!! (that one pass to Wondo was the only minute he actually tried)
- Bob Bradley thought he could get away with playing the same game he did against canada against Panama, a team with more speed, experience, and scorers, by using the same set-up. Even after going down 2-0 he thought his brilliance would finally shine through by keeping the SAME LAME-ASS PLAYERS OUT IN THE SECOND HALF, THINKING THEY WOULD "RISE TO THE OCCASION"?!?! THIS ISN'T THE WC TEAM THAT FELT INSPIRED JACKASS! THIS IS A NEW TEAM WITH SOME EXPERIENCE THAT NEEDS TO FIND IT'S PERFECT BALANCE! THE SWITCHES SHOULD'VE BEEN MADE AT LEAST DURING HALFTIME, IF NOT AFTER THE SECOND DAMN GOAL!!!! NOT 15 MINUTES AFTER!!!!!!!!
- Now I get to Wondo and Bradley, both of whom missed great opportunities to score on goal. Wondo clearly had "new guy" jitters but HOW THE F**K DO YOU MISS THAT OPEN OF A SHOT WHEN IT'S HANDED TO YOU?!?! IT'S CALLED FÚTBOL, NOT FOOTBALL, IT GOES UNDER THE BAR YOU COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE!!!!!! Then Bradley, who had many ample opportunities to take shots on goal only to pass it off into traffic to Dempsey, Anguelo, and Donovan, all of whom had no room, unlike Bradley. And his best shot of the night, as all of his shots, just go straight...no curve, no movement, just straight...DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHY YOU GOT YOUR ASS BENCHED IN EPL YOU P.O.S! DADDY COULDN'T SHOW YOU HOW TO BEND THE BALL A LITTLE BIT?
Only ppl who actually tried were Cherundolo, Goodson, and Howard. Dempsey couldn't seem to wanna shoot a ball inside the box, but at least he attempted some shots in the first half near the net.
I love the US and hope they turn it around, b/c if they think they can get away with this crappy shyt they call fútbol, they're in for a rude awakening b/c Honduras and Mexico are playing lights out and will destroy any shred of second half magic in the first 15mins if the US plays like that
Now that my rant is over, good day fellow Zoners