There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lebron James Approval Rating

Lebron James Approval Rating

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Artest being a role player in LA does not take away from his ability to be able to be the best player on another team.

There is not a single team in the league on which Ron Artest would be considered the best player. Or even the second best player.

2 years prior to joining the Lakers, he was averaging 20.5 per game. One year prior, he was at 17.1 per game. That's not a "role" player the Lakers acquired at the time.
Artest being a role player in LA does not take away from his ability to be able to be the best player on another team.

There is not a single team in the league on which Ron Artest would be considered the best player. Or even the second best player.

2 years prior to joining the Lakers, he was averaging 20.5 per game. One year prior, he was at 17.1 per game. That's not a "role" player the Lakers acquired at the time.

Exactly. That team has a hell of a lot of talent. But "it's all Kobe".....
  • crzy
  • Veteran

Three years ago, in 2007-2008, Ron Artest was the best player on the Kings.

This doesn't mean a damn thing. That was three years ago. Allen Iverson was a star player three years ago.

It's 2011, and right now, Ron Artest is a role player. And he wasn't even a good role player this past year.

It's obvious what you're doing, trying to build up the supporting cast of the Lakers, to diminish Kobe and defend Lebron.

But Artest and Gasol do not compare to Bosh and Wade. Not even close.

Kobe has not had another player on his team that is on the same ultra-elite level as Dwayne Wade, not since Shaquille O'Neal left.
[ Edited by crzy on May 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM ]

This doesn't mean a damn thing. That was three years ago. Allen Iverson was a star player three years ago.

It's 2011, and right now, Ron Artest is a role player. And he wasn't even a good role player this past year.

It's obvious what you're doing, trying to build up the supporting cast of the Lakers, to diminish Kobe and defend Lebron.

Kobe has not had another player on his team that is on the same ultra-elite level as Dwayne Wade, not since Shaquille O'Neal left.

LOL. You completey diminish Shaq. Shaq was the most physically dominant beast we have ever seen in the modern era. Just unstoppable in his prime. And he was in his prime when he carried Kobe to the first 3 Championships.

Artest is a tremendous player. As is Gasol and Odom. Bynum when healthy although he has been injured a lot. Kobe has had a SUPER team around him for years. He never once carried a team to the finals and won by himself. You guys complain so much about super teams but that's all Kobe has ever been on...
BTW crzy,

What player has ever done it single handedly all by himself? Tell me? Who? You still haven't answered that. We've seen what Lebron had in Cleveland. When he left they are they are one of the worst teams in the league. Absolute garbage. Shame on him for not winning the Championship with the worst team in the league by himself....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
BTW crzy,

What player has ever done it single handedly all by himself? Tell me? Who? You still haven't answered that. We've seen what Lebron had in Cleveland. When he left they are they are one of the worst teams in the league. Absolute garbage. Shame on him for not winning the Championship with the worst team in the league by himself....

you're telling me Anderson Varajo, Delonte West, and Mo Williams aren't championship material???????? Im surprised he did so well in Cleveland...
  • crzy
  • Veteran

LOL. You completey diminish Shaq. Shaq was the most physically dominant beast we have ever seen in the modern era. Just unstoppable in his prime. And he was in his prime when he carried Kobe to the first 3 Championships.

Artest is a tremendous player. As is Gasol and Odom. Bynum when healthy although he has been injured a lot. Kobe has had a SUPER team around him for years. He never once carried a team to the finals and won by himself. You guys complain so much about super teams but that's all Kobe has ever been on...

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I mentioned Shaq.

Quote:

Pau Gasol is the best player Kobe has played with since Shaq left, and if you compare Pau Gasol in Memphis with Chris Bosh in Toronto, they were similar caliber players. Both had similar numbers, they were both finesse players, both with a history of first round exits.

Pau Gasol is not on the same level as Dwyane Wade, an NBA champion and Finals MVP.

You could logically argue that Dwyane Wade is the best player in the NBA.

Kobe Bryant, since Shaq left, has never played with another player, where you could actually argue that said teammate was BETTER than Kobe Bryant. On the other hand, you could legitimately argue that Dwyane Wade is the best player on the Miami Heat and not Lebron James.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
BTW crzy,

you're telling me Anderson Varajo, Delonte West, and Mo Williams aren't championship material???????? Im surprised he did so well in Cleveland...

I'm surprised he did so well. He had nothing there.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I mentioned Shaq.

Quote:

Pau Gasol is the best player Kobe has played with since Shaq left, and if you compare Pau Gasol in Memphis with Chris Bosh in Toronto, they were similar caliber players. Both had similar numbers, they were both finesse players, both with a history of first round exits.

Pau Gasol is not on the same level as Dwyane Wade, an NBA champion and Finals MVP.

You could logically argue that Dwyane Wade is the best player in the NBA.

Kobe Bryant, since Shaq left, has never played with another player, where you could actually argue that said teammate was BETTER than Kobe Bryant. On the other hand, you could legitimately argue that Dwyane Wade is the best player on the Miami Heat and not Lebron James.

You mentioned Shaq but diminshed it. That's my point. Shaq won the 1st 3. Kobe has 2 Championships.

Dwayne Wade isn't even the best player on his own team. How can he be the best guy in the NBA? Lebron can guard 1 - 4. And he can play 1 - 4. Can Wade do that? I thought not... The 4th Q. and overtime closer is Lebron. Everybody can see who the best player his there. It's not close and it's Lebron.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
BTW crzy,

It's not a matter of winning it by yourself. Obviously to win you need a capable supporting cast.

It's a matter of Lebron teaming up with a player (Dwyane Wade) who is the second best player in the NBA.

To me, this would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan teaming up with Magic Johnson because he couldn't beat the Pistons in 1990.

Karl Malone or Charles Barkley deciding to join the Bulls because they couldn't beat them.

It's a pathetic cop-out which diminishes Lebron's legacy.

But it's all irrelevant now. Lebron legacy is already destroyed. Twenty years from now, people will say, "Lebron won four championships, but he couldn't win any without Dwyane Wade"

I'm not talking about three years ago, I'm talking about the year prior to being a Lakers. What are you basing Bosh's ability on, the year prior, right?
I can say Bosh, right now and during the season is considered a role player for the Heat.

And I'm not comparing Artest or Pau with Wade. I am saying Artest + Pau + Bynum + Odom is much more combined talent and ability than Bosh + Wade.

I don't see why 4 players for the Lakers who are capable of averaging 20 ppg is less than 2 players for the Heat who can average 20ppg and that's not even throwing in Bynum making a near 7+ foot front line.

The debate is about talent and the Lakers have more combined talent.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM ]
BTW crzy,

It's not a matter of winning it by yourself. Obviously to win you need a capable supporting cast.

It's a matter of Lebron teaming up with a player (Dwyane Wade) who is the second best player in the NBA.

To me, this would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan teaming up with Magic Johnson because he couldn't beat the Pistons in 1990.

Karl Malone or Charles Barkley deciding to join the Bulls because they couldn't beat them.

But it's all irrelevant now. Lebron legacy is already destroyed. Twenty years from now, people will say, "Lebron won four championships, but he couldn't win any without Dwyane Wade"

LOL, no. Seriously crzy? That isn't even close.
BTW crzy,

So it wouldn't be a problem if Lebron teamed up with Amare, Zach Randolph, and Bosh, right? These guys aren't considered top 10 but can put up 20 per game similar to Artest, Pau, and Odom, right?

He paired with a greater player but there's a big drop-off in talent in terms of the entire roster as compared to other teams.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
BTW crzy,

LOL, no. Seriously crzy? That isn't even close.

It's either Wade, Durant, Rose, Howard, it doesn't matter.

The point is, Lebron choose the easiest path to success because he's a coward. With Lebron, regardless of his future accomplishments, he will always be a disappointment.

Even though he's the best player in the NBA, he is still a player who should be better than he is now. His free throw shooting is mediocre, his jumper is mediocre, and his post game is pathetic.

It's unfortunate, because Lebron is the most awe-inspiring physical specimen anyone has ever seen on the basketball court.

But he lacks the competitive drive of a Jordan or Kobe. He is an athlete who is more concerned with being a global icon, and taking the easy road toward success.

And that's why Lebron, no matter how many rings he wins, will always be a disappointment.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
BTW crzy,

So it wouldn't be a problem if Lebron teamed up with Amare, Zach Randolph, and Bosh, right? These guys aren't considered top 10 but can put up 20 per game similar to Artest, Pau, and Odom, right?

He paired with a greater player but there's a big drop-off in talent in terms of the entire roster as compared to other teams.

It's the other way around.

The Miami Heat have the most talented trio of players since Magic, Kareem, and Worthy.