LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Lebron James Approval Rating

Lebron James Approval Rating

Originally posted by crzy:
Time will prove me right.

Just wait 20 years, and see how the general basketball public perceives Lebron James career.

No one will consider Lebron James on the same level of a Kobe Bryant or Oscar Robertson or a Michael Jordan.

Because he chose the easy path to success. He cheated himself.

Nah, winning heals all. LeBron already proved that. People were saying the same crap that nobody would ever like him again because of The Decision. Now he is winning and nobody cares about that anymore and tons of people are throwing love his way. If he wins 6-8 championships he will go down as one of the greats if not the greatest of all time. He will easily surpass Kobe. And he will always be the best player on his team. The thing is if he only wins 1 or a few championships you will be right. He didn't hurt his legacy yet, but he made it so he cannot fail, he must completely dominate. If he fails to do so then I agree with you.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Just wait 20 years, and see how the general basketball public perceives Lebron James career.

No one will consider Lebron James on the same level of a Kobe Bryant or Oscar Robertson or a Michael Jordan.

Nobody perceives Kobe on that level outside of Laker fans. He's had the best front lines in the business and the best HC who ever lived and a tremendous front office.

You're very delusional.

Even a Kobe hater like myself realizes that he's in the top 10 all time, I have him around 8th.

I may put him top 10. I certainly wouldn't put him top 5. He's definitely no Michael Jordan. Not even close.

I have him 7th actually. Behind Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Oscar, and Magic.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Dwayne Wade is better than Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was obviously better defensively and complimented Jordan better. But Wade is superior.

But again, that's a different situation.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team because they wanted to the easier path to success.

How is Kobe and Shaq different?

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team through free agency because they wanted the easier path to success

Wade and James just happened to be FA's at the same time. Wade stayed with his current team (the Kobe) and LeBron decided to come join him (like Shaq CHOSE to join Kobe). This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

Actually it is. It's rumored that this happened in the Olympics.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Dwayne Wade is better than Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was obviously better defensively and complimented Jordan better. But Wade is superior.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team because they wanted to the easier path to success.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team through free agency because they wanted the easier path to success

Wade and James just happened to be FA's at the same time. Wade stayed with his current team (the Kobe) and LeBron decided to come join him (like Shaq CHOSE to join Kobe). This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

So what? "Free Agent" means FREE. It means you can go wherever the hell you want. If a team has the money and a player wants to go there that's it.

People are blowing this out of proportion. I'm sure every NBA player has been like "Yo, wouldn't it be awesome if we played together?" "Yeah that would be sweet. Maybe if things work out man we will do that." I'm sure Kobe has said that to every other superstar. I'm sure Chris Paul, Amare, all of em have had convos like that.
This arguement about them "colluding" is a weak one. In fact...I think it's 100% wrong. By no way did Lebron and Wade try to deceive anyone. Everyone knew that they were thinking about playing together. The questions was where were they going to play. So "collusion" is simply not an arguement. If someone wants to bash them for creating a "superteam"...that's fine. Bash them for getting an idea from Boston and bash them for putting personal greed by taking less money. All of the collusion talk is just silly.

Oh and Bosh was traded...so I guess Toronto and Miami were colluding also.
Originally posted by drake49er:
This arguement about them "colluding" is a weak one. In fact...I think it's 100% wrong. By no way did Lebron and Wade try to deceive anyone. Everyone knew that they were thinking about playing together. The questions was where were they going to play. So "collusion" is simply not an arguement. If someone wants to bash them for creating a "superteam"...that's fine. Bash them for getting an idea from Boston and bash them for putting personal greed by taking less money. All of the collusion talk is just silly.

Oh and Bosh was traded...so I guess Toronto and Miami were colluding also.

I think people are using "collusion" synonymously with "superteam".

LeBron was technically traded along with Bosh. It was a way of the player getting a little more money, and the team that's losing him of getting a huge trade exception as well. Neither Bosh nor LeBron were willingly traded by their teams.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 26, 2011 at 6:33 PM ]
I want to buy his jersey
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

People are blowing this out of proportion. I'm sure every NBA player has been like "Yo, wouldn't it be awesome if we played together?" "Yeah that would be sweet. Maybe if things work out man we will do that." I'm sure Kobe has said that to every other superstar. I'm sure Chris Paul, Amare, all of em have had convos like that.

I disagree.

Athletes who are elite competitors want to actually beat their competition and not simply join them.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think I'm being unreasonable in my viewpoint, seeing as how what I've said has been echoed by many NBA legends like Charles Barkley and Jordan.

If it were a lesser player, I wouldn't even care about the decision, or the collusion or any of that. If you asked me how I viewed Lebron in 2007, I sincerely felt that he had an opportunity to be the greatest basketball player of all time. And I think he tarnished this opportunity.

Nah, winning heals all. LeBron already proved that. People were saying the same crap that nobody would ever like him again because of The Decision. Now he is winning and nobody cares about that anymore and tons of people are throwing love his way. If he wins 6-8 championships he will go down as one of the greats if not the greatest of all time. He will easily surpass Kobe. And he will always be the best player on his team. The thing is if he only wins 1 or a few championships you will be right. He didn't hurt his legacy yet, but he made it so he cannot fail, he must completely dominate. If he fails to do so then I agree with you.

Because winning 6-8 titles is something that's easily done. I think 3-5 is a little more reasonable/realistic.

Good point. And Kobe's supporting cast in the last 3 years have been better than LBJ's current one. Even if I were to concede that Pau=Bosh (though I think sans 2011 playoffs nearly everyone would choose Pau), I don't think it'd be unfair to say most teams would be relatively indifferent as to who they could choose if they could add either Wade to their team or Odom AND Bynum. And then the Ariza/Artests, Shannon Brown's are probably better than the Mike Bibby's and the Joel Anthony's. I don't think LBJ has this unfathomably amazing supporting cast. And it's more than understandable given his tenure in Cleveland.
What an absolute beast in the 4th Quarter he was on both the offensive and defensive end. "Mr. Closer"...
LeBron is killing this post season! Heat in 6 maybe 5 I don't see how the Mavs can contain the heat. Dirk is gonna do what he does but if the Heat can shut down most everyone else then there's no stopping them.

GO HEAT!
Originally posted by GoNiners:
LeBron is killing this post season! Heat in 6 maybe 5 I don't see how the Mavs can contain the heat. Dirk is gonna do what he does but if the Heat can shut down most everyone else then there's no stopping them.

GO HEAT!

The only way Dallas has a chance is if Tyson Chandler is Finals MVP but I don't think that'd be very likely.
Share 49ersWebzone