LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Lebron James Approval Rating

Lebron James Approval Rating

You guys overrate how good this team is. It's a BIG 2. It's Jordan and Pippen all over again. Bosh is extremely soft. He has no inside game. He is not a great defender. He's not very physical. He's an outside shooter. Bosh is role player. Lebron/Jordan and Wade/Pippen. That's what it is. 2 great athletes who can play offesne and defense. No front line or size or length at all. A young coach. No bench.

This team is not that good. It's all Lebron and Wade.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Wade should have been on the All-NBA first team.

I don't think even Laker fans at this point would argue that Kobe is better than Wade.

In a week we'll see Wade obliterate Dallas just like in 2006, and you'll see.
[ Edited by crzy on May 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
BTW crzy,

What player has ever done it single handedly all by himself? Tell me? Who? You still haven't answered that. We've seen what Lebron had in Cleveland. When he left they are they are one of the worst teams in the league. Absolute garbage. Shame on him for not winning the Championship with the worst team in the league by himself....

It's not a matter of winning it by yourself. Obviously to win you need a capable supporting cast.

It's a matter of Lebron teaming up with a player (Dwyane Wade) who is the second best player in the NBA.

To me, this would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan teaming up with Magic Johnson because he couldn't beat the Pistons in 1990.

Karl Malone or Charles Barkley deciding to join the Bulls because they couldn't beat them.

It's a pathetic cop-out which diminishes Lebron's legacy.

But it's all irrelevant now. Lebron legacy is already destroyed. Twenty years from now, people will say, "Lebron won four championships, but he couldn't win any without Dwyane Wade"

LOL, no. Seriously crzy? That isn't even close.

It's either Wade, Durant, Rose, Howard, it doesn't matter.

The point is, Lebron choose the easiest path to success because he's a coward. With Lebron, regardless of his future accomplishments, he will always be a disappointment.

Even though he's the best player in the NBA, he is still a player who should be better than he is now. His free throw shooting is mediocre, his jumper is mediocre, and his post game is pathetic.

It's unfortunate, because Lebron is the most awe-inspiring physical specimen anyone has ever seen on the basketball court.

But he lacks the competitive drive of a Jordan or Kobe. He is an athlete who is more concerned with being a global icon, and taking the easy road toward success.

And that's why Lebron, no matter how many rings he wins, will always be a disappointment.

I'd say Wade and Pippen are pretty close.

29 year old Wade after playing his attacking style isn't what he used to be when he was with Shaq. He could easily be the best player on an NBA team but without a lot more talent he would never be a contender. He can't take a team to the finals all by himself.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dwayne Wade is better than Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was obviously better defensively and complimented Jordan better. But Wade is superior.

But again, that's a different situation.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team because they wanted to the easier path to success.
[ Edited by crzy on May 26, 2011 at 4:44 PM ]
Dwayne Wade is better than Scottie Pippen. Scottie Pippen was obviously better defensively and complimented Jordan better. But Wade is superior.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team because they wanted to the easier path to success.

Pippen was a hell of an offensive player too. And he had 3 more inches of length. You underrate him.

Lebron/Jordan.

Wade/Pippen.

That's what it is. It's a BIG 2.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 26, 2011 at 4:46 PM ]

How is Kobe and Shaq different?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team through free agency because they wanted the easier path to success
[ Edited by crzy on May 26, 2011 at 4:47 PM ]

Shaq and Kobe is not different. It is a super team developed to have an easier path to the Championship...

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, or Shaq and Kobe didn't secretly collude to form a super-team through free agency because they wanted the easier path to success

Whether it happened in Free Agency or not doesn't matter. It was still a Super Team. And neither guy could do it himself.

Wade and James just happened to be FA's at the same time. Wade stayed with his current team (the Kobe) and LeBron decided to come join him (like Shaq CHOSE to join Kobe). This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Time will prove me right.

Just wait 20 years, and see how the general basketball public perceives Lebron James career.

No one will consider Lebron James on the same level of a Kobe Bryant or Oscar Robertson or a Michael Jordan.

Because he chose the easy path to success. He cheated himself.

Wade and James just happened to be FA's at the same time. Wade stayed with his current team (the Kobe) and LeBron decided to come join him (like Shaq CHOSE to join Kobe). This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

Exactly correct.

Just wait 20 years, and see how the general basketball public perceives Lebron James career.

No one will consider Lebron James on the same level of a Kobe Bryant or Oscar Robertson or a Michael Jordan.

Nobody perceives Kobe on that level outside of Laker fans. He's had the best front lines in the business and the best HC who ever lived and a tremendous front office.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Nobody perceives Kobe on that level outside of Laker fans. He's had the best front lines in the business and the best HC who ever lived and a tremendous front office.

You're very delusional.

Even a Kobe hater like myself realizes that he's in the top 10 all time, I have him around 8th.

The last two rings put him on the same tier as those legends.
[ Edited by crzy on May 26, 2011 at 4:55 PM ]

You're very delusional.

Even a Kobe hater like myself realizes that he's in the top 10 all time, I have him around 8th.

I may put him top 10. I certainly wouldn't put him top 5. He's definitely no Michael Jordan. Not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone