LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Deron Williams traded to the Nets

Originally posted by valrod33:
chadfordinsider

Jazz getting Nets 1st round pick this year as well as GS's 2012 1st round pick in deal

we gave that up before didnt we? Meaning we had already traded that away years before?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:
chadfordinsider

Jazz getting Nets 1st round pick this year as well as GS's 2012 1st round pick in deal

we gave that up before didnt we? Meaning we had already traded that away years before?

Yeah, thanks to Chris Mullin. We traded it for Marcus Williams

But it's protected top 10, i think.

Who cares about the pick though, if the Warriors make the playoffs.
chadfordinsider

New Jersey had it
Originally posted by crzy:
chadfordinsider

Golden State's own 2012 1st round pick to New Jersey (top 7 protected in the 2012 Draft, top 7 protected in 2013, and top 6 protected in the 2014 Draft). However, if New Jersey has not yet received this first round pick by the 2014 draft, then New Jersey shall instead receive: (i) Golden State's own 2014 2nd round pick and (ii) Golden State's own 2016 2nd round pick

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed#ixzz1EnmQ0WdK
chadfordinsider

Nets 2011 pick should be a lottery pick for Jazz ... probably Top 10-11. Virtually no chance Nets can make playoffs w/ only 17 wins.

chadfordinsider

Jazz fans already clamoring for Utah to take BYU's Jimmer Fredette in Draft to replace DWill ...
Very interesting. Devin Harris is such an anomaly. He's as average as average gets but people keep taking chances on him.

Why would the Jazz make this trade? Combine this with Boozer while they throw money at Milsap and trade for Jefferson and they've successfully made a couple quarters into a whole bunch of nickles. They're giving up all stars for a couple good but not great players. Ridiculous.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Any way the warriors could swing for a Big Man from Utah? They are too loaded.

Okur, Millsap, Jefferson, Favors there is a logjam.

Not sure who wins this trade. Does Williams make the Nets that much better? Honestly, I'm not so sure the Nets arent just making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

the warriors are the 3rd team in the trade

Trade recap: Derrick Favors, Devin Harris & many draft pick to Jazz, Deron Williams & Gadzuric to Nets and Troy Murphy to Golden State

I know, this is why im wondering if we can take Murphy and Perhaps throw in Vlad and get a big man in return.

We sorely need a C and the only reason we are in the trade is for Troy Murphy. This could of been done a couple days ago so I feel we arent really in this trade.

Troy Murphy
chadfordinsider

Nets 2011 pick should be a lottery pick for Jazz ... probably Top 10-11. Virtually no chance Nets can make playoffs w/ only 17 wins.

chadfordinsider

Jazz fans already clamoring for Utah to take BYU's Jimmer Fredette in Draft to replace DWill ...

LOL. Of course they are.
Originally posted by Arminini:
Very interesting. Devin Harris is such an anomaly. He's as average as average gets but people keep taking chances on him.

Why would the Jazz make this trade? Combine this with Boozer while they throw money at Milsap and trade for Jefferson and they've successfully made a couple quarters into a whole bunch of nickles. They're giving up all stars for a couple good but not great players. Ridiculous.

I have to disagree with your point about Boozer - there's not much of a difference between he and Jefferson, except Jefferson can block some shots.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
chadfordinsider

Golden State's own 2012 1st round pick to New Jersey (top 7 protected in the 2012 Draft, top 7 protected in 2013, and top 6 protected in the 2014 Draft). However, if New Jersey has not yet received this first round pick by the 2014 draft, then New Jersey shall instead receive: (i) Golden State's own 2014 2nd round pick and (ii) Golden State's own 2016 2nd round pick

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed#ixzz1EnmQ0WdK

Top 7 protected is good enough for me

This is a s**tty draft.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jazz frontcourt:

Al Jefferson, Derick Favors, Kirilinko, Millsap, Okur

Jazz PG is Devin Harris instead of Deron Williams

who cares that frontcourt is top 3 in the NBA

no it aint

who is better with that kind of depth?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
chadfordinsider

chadfordinsider

LOL. Of course they are.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Arminini:

I have to disagree with your point about Boozer - there's not much of a difference between he and Jefferson, except Jefferson can block some shots.

I would argue that Booz fit with their pick and roll style and therefore was more valuable. Jefferson is better back to the basket but I didnt see him as a good fit and therefore only a nickle for the Jazz. DWill and Boozer had proven they can take a team to the playoffs, none of these other guys can say that.
chadfordinsider

Top 7 protected is good enough for me

This is a s**tty draft.

The 2012 is next year's draft, this year's draft is the 2011 draft.
Wow.
Share 49ersWebzone