There are 234 users in the forums

Deron Williams traded to the Nets

Great trade for both.

Elite PG's are next to impossible to find which is why I believe it's better the Nets got Williams than Melo.

Wing scorers are EVERYWHERE, and if I'm the Nets, I'd be glad I got Williams rather than Melo.

Sure Melo can score but so can a bunch of players in the NBA, not to mention Melo is allergic to defense.

PG>>>>>>>>>Wing Scorers.
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:40 AM ]
Deron Williams is not happy with this trade

According to David Locke of 1320 K-Fan in Salt Lake City, Deron Williams had no previous clue that he would be traded to New Jersey.

"Williams told me it was not his choice," Locke tweeted. "He is stunned. Declined to do interview until he figures out what it all means."

Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune adds this: "Williams is not happy with trade."

So this begs the question: Will Williams stay with the Nets beyond next season, as he's eligible to become a free agent in 2012?

Too early to know at this juncture.

When Williams and the Nets eventually speak about the trade, it's possible we'll get a clearer indication on his future.

But unlike Carmelo Anthony who wanted to join the Knicks and lock into an extension, Williams appears to be a little blindsided by this deal.

Which could suggest there's no certainty he'll sign an extension and remain with the Nets for the long-term.
troy murphy?! lol fml
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Any way the warriors could swing for a Big Man from Utah? They are too loaded.

Okur, Millsap, Jefferson, Favors there is a logjam.

Not sure who wins this trade. Does Williams make the Nets that much better? Honestly, I'm not so sure the Nets arent just making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Williams is a stud. It definitely makes them better

Williams will make everyone around him better
I expect Brook Lopez to put up even bigger and better numbers
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'm not surprised Williams didn't want this. It's like every other star got exactly what they wanted and he didn't even get a choice. Watch him either go to the Knicks, or more likely home to Texas to replace Kidd with an owner as aggresive as anyone. I have a hard time believing he'll be in NJ any longer than contractually obligated to, which makes this a bad trade. But I don't blame the russian for doing it, he had to do something. the problem is Williams may make them just good enough to not get high enough picks for a real difference maker any time soon, then he'll leave and it's back to square one.
WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY TEAM?!?!?!?!??! FOR f**k SAKE WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY????????/

and as for Fredette in the draft...f**k HIM I dont want the mormon Adam Morrison on this team just to make all the fans in Utah happy. We need someone better then that.

This season sucks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY TEAM?!?!?!?!??! FOR f**k SAKE WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY????????/

and as for Fredette in the draft...f**k HIM I dont want the mormon Adam Morrison on this team just to make all the fans in Utah happy. We need someone better then that.

This season sucks

Saw last post by you. Jumped to thread. Your response did not disappoint.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

This season sucks

im sorry dude
I'm going on suicide watch. First Sloan and now this. FML

Well maybe now you can haz Sloan back? Flashy no-listen-to-coach problem PG is now gone.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Jazz fans shouldn't be upset. Better to trade Deron, than watch him walk away in a season.

Jazz got decent return for him as well.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Next year for me:

Albert Pujols leaving?
Dwight Howard leaving?

Originally posted by jrg:

Next year for me:

Albert Pujols leaving?
Dwight Howard leaving?

why would Howard leave?

That whole city is his
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by jrg:

Next year for me:

Albert Pujols leaving?
Dwight Howard leaving?

why would Howard leave?

That whole city is his

it is...but

want him

so ya never know
  • Jiks
Anyone know of a decent trade scenario's of us (Jazz) getting rid of AK, and one of our now 3 PF's, for a SG? I don't know what to think of this trade quite yet. Get rid of derron for another PF, and a downgrade at PG. Draft picks I guess, but they are going to be middle of the pack picks.
Share 49ersWebzone