There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lebron's new "edgy" commerical

• Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I like how he takes shots at MJ and Barkley. Lebron is self indulgent, and the way he left CLE was wrong, but he caught too much flak for leaving. He doesn't owe CLE anything. It's funny how CLE supposedly loved him, but right when he left they despise him. He is a ball player, that's the only reason they liked him. He doesn't owe them.

Even if he didn't give up in the playoffs, or do that idiotic segment on ESPN, CLE would hate him for leaving. MJ is turning into a bitter old man. Talk about self indulgent, MJ was probably worse than Lebron. It pains me to say that because he is a legend. And Barkley turned on Bron, but he pulled a similar move when he went to HOU with Clyde and Hakeem.

This commercial is cool because he isn't hiding from all the criticism. He is taking it head on which is interesting.

How?

And Barkley was 32 years old when he left to play with a 33 year old Drexler and a 32 year old Olajuwon. It's different than LeBron being 26 and joining Wade (28) and Bosh (26).

BTW, Jordan was always a bitter guy. He just had Nike and Gatorade making really sweet commercials for him. Kinda like this one.

I must have missed Barkley's one hour special about signing as a free agent in Houston.

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Oct 25, 2010 at 15:44:12 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lebron is the man! f**k Kobe!

five

When it's all set and done Lebron will have more championship rings than Kobe.
Quick thought: Should I move this to Other Sport?

five

Well he better get started because Kobe aint done yet.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

five

They're both self indulgent prima donnas, that have been coddled and told how special they are their whole lives. I'm not surprised Kobe was accused of rape, he's probably never been told no in his life. I'm not surprised Lebron went on national television to talk about his next mega-million dollar signing, he's been the center of attention his whole life.
Originally posted by Otter:

five

They're both self indulgent prima donnas, that have been coddled and told how special they are their whole lives. I'm not surprised Kobe was accused of rape, he's probably never been told no in his life. I'm not surprised Lebron went on national television to talk about his next mega-million dollar signing, he's been the center of attention his whole life.

I dont appreciate you talking about Kobe like that. You better stop or its gonna effect our relationship.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:

five

I dont appreciate you talking about Kobe like that. You better stop or its gonna effect our relationship.

Let's not go to bed angry. I'm sorry.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Pretty cool commercial. I sort of talked about this in another thread. We want our superstars to act a certain way - we have these set of laws they should follow, which is stupid. Anyway, the commercial is well done. I liked it.
I don't get all the hate for him. His contract with the Cavs was up, he went to another team. Big f**king deal?? Hate the media for hanging off his sack.
Im sorry if I am retarded and do not see it but where is the shot at Jordan?
lebron needs to stfu
I like how he takes shots at MJ and Barkley. Lebron is self indulgent, and the way he left CLE was wrong, but he caught too much flak for leaving. He doesn't owe CLE anything. It's funny how CLE supposedly loved him, but right when he left they despise him. He is a ball player, that's the only reason they liked him. He doesn't owe them.

Even if he didn't give up in the playoffs, or do that idiotic segment on ESPN, CLE would hate him for leaving. MJ is turning into a bitter old man. Talk about self indulgent, MJ was probably worse than Lebron. It pains me to say that because he is a legend. And Barkley turned on Bron, but he pulled a similar move when he went to HOU with Clyde and Hakeem.

This commercial is cool because he isn't hiding from all the criticism. He is taking it head on which is interesting.

How?

And Barkley was 32 years old when he left to play with a 33 year old Drexler and a 32 year old Olajuwon. It's different than LeBron being 26 and joining Wade (28) and Bosh (26).

BTW, Jordan was always a bitter guy. He just had Nike and Gatorade making really sweet commercials for him. Kinda like this one.

How? This commercial is going at a lot of people who criticized him. It's the basis of the commercial. Do you see it a different way?

Of course Barkley's move wasn't exactly like Lebron, but it's similar. The way he came out and said Lebron can never be in the conversation of being great is ridiculous. It's somewhat hypocritical because he did join forces with those guys. They might not have been in their prime, but they joined forces with the hope of winning a ring like the guys in MIA.

As far as the Jordan thing, he never received backlash for being an a55hole. He is starting to a little now, but like you said he was packaged up for the public in an entire different way. He would never make a commercial like this. Way too polished and worried about his image, selling shoes, etc. He doesn't give a s*it about anything else. Gatorade never made a commercial like this for him. It was always a happy commercial with a cute song.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I don't get all the hate for him. His contract with the Cavs was up, he went to another team. Big f**king deal?? Hate the media for hanging off his sack.

If he went to their team, they'd be all over him.

How?

How? This commercial is going at a lot of people who criticized him. It's the basis of the commercial. Do you see it a different way?

Of course Barkley's move wasn't exactly like Lebron, but it's similar. The way he came out and said Lebron can never be in the conversation of being great is ridiculous. It's somewhat hypocritical because he did join forces with those guys. They might not have been in their prime, but they joined forces with the hope of winning a ring like the guys in MIA.

As far as the Jordan thing, he never received backlash for being an a55hole. He is starting to a little now, but like you said he was packaged up for the public in an entire different way. He would never make a commercial like this. Way too polished and worried about his image, selling shoes, etc. He doesn't give a s*it about anything else. Gatorade never made a commercial like this for him. It was always a happy commercial with a cute song.

How? Were you watching hoops when Barkley played in Philly, or even Phoenix? He was traded both times- Philly-to-Phx & Phx-to-Houston. LeBron torched his home town/state/team/owner/fans in an "all-about-me" spectacle. Sh!t's not even in the same ballpark. Barkley was an all-star, LeBron inked his shoulders with "Chosen1," then scurried for help when he fell short after quitting in a few playoff games just cuz a teammate wanted to pump him mom full of "little Delonte's".