LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

2010 NLCS: Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants (GIANTS WIN THE NLCS!)

Rob Brooks ripped a guy who called in from Philly and said the Phillies are going to whoop the giants ass.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Rob Brooks ripped a guy who called in from Philly and said the Phillies are going to whoop the giants ass.

damn i missed that what did he say to him?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Awesome video i found.
I know the prognosticators are picking the Phils to clean our clocks, but umm...

They did finish 3-3 in the head to head match ups during the regular season.
Phils outscored the Giants 29-27 in the 6 games.

Its' going to be close. Giants pull this out in 7.
Phillies in 6!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

damn i missed that what did he say to him?

The guy was just saying how we cant hit, and how their line up is stacked.
Then Brooks was like I'm sure you have heard the old adage, "good pitching always beats good hitting?"
And the guy said our pitchers can't even stand up to their big 3, and how Cain got rocked there for 8 runs in August in Philly.
Then Fitz was like well if you want to bring up the regular season then how about the Giants beating Halliday in SF in April.
And Brooks was like "Who is the best closer in baseball" And the guy was saying how B Weezy let the Braves score 4 runs against him, so he isn't that great.

But Brooks basically got the guy to be silent after he said the Giants suck because they couldn't handle a dismantled Braves team. Brooks said, "But what do you see with the Giants that makes you think they can't win"

Basically the Philly fans are just choosing to believe we aren't as strong and our stats back up.
I think its hilarious that Philly fans (and there sure are a lot of them out here) are expecting this to be a cakewalk.

Our number 3 starter went 2-0 against them in the regular season. LOL

They are in for a big surprise.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
And the guy was saying how B Weezy let the Braves score 4 runs against him, so he isn't that great.

Brian Wilson hasn't allowed an earned run in the postseason yet.

He gave up that hit to Alex Gonzales in Game 2, but that inning he was screwed over by Romo and Panda's error
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

This video gives me chills
Originally posted by ritchie:
I think its hilarious that Philly fans (and there sure are a lot of them out here) are expecting this to be a cakewalk.

Our number 3 starter went 2-0 against them in the regular season. LOL

They are in for a big surprise.

For the record, I do respect this Giants team and I think it's going to be a great matchup! Each team's pitching rotation is just about equal in my opinion. To me, it all comes down to who can wake up their bats. Hitting is the key. The Phillies have gone through hitting slumps as well. I have a feeling that this series could go the distance!

Yeah its going to be closer than a lot of Philly fans think (i'm out here in NY, and during the 49ers/Eagles game, I went to a Philly bar).

Some things to chew on:

Giants Phillies
BA .257 .260
RPG 4.3 4.8
ERA 3.36 3.67
By the way, saw this on Espn:

Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels vs the Giants this year: 5.80 ERA, 3 losses, 5 starts.

Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez vs the Phillies this year: 1.95 ERA, 28K, 15 hits in 27 IP (4 starts)
Originally posted by ritchie:
By the way, saw this on Espn:

Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels vs the Giants this year: 5.80 ERA, 3 losses, 5 starts.

Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez vs the Phillies this year: 1.95 ERA, 28K, 15 hits in 27 IP (4 starts)

I think the Giants will play well in the underdog role, and all the close games down the stretch will really help them out. They are confident in a different way then the defending 2 time NL champs.

I met this Philly fan at Candletstick on Sunday. He was saying "is this the line to the bathroom??" I'm like, yeah welcome to a 50 year old stadium.

He said he was originally from Philly but has a golf business in Maui. He said he came for the Eagles game then is going to "go out to the world series in a couple of weeks"

That's when I saw the cockiness of the Phillies fans.
I'm very confident we'll do well -- but the Phillies do have the obvious edge in experience. They have been here before. We haven't.

Still -- we OWNED Roy Oswalt this year. Have we even faced Halladay?

Good pitching beats good hitting in almost every instance and the Giants own the best pitching staff in the league.

If TIMMAY pulls out a win in Game 1 -- series us.
Oh -- and one other thing?

If Pablo Sandoval had a message to deliver to Manuel for last year's All-Star snub?

This would be the series to deliver said message.

Provided Pablo gets a shot. I hope Bochy doesn't keep him on the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone